• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Najee Harris “I was gonna say some s—” But AEW Cut the Mic Off

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It was almost the beginning of Pittsburgh Steelers running back Najee Harris’ wrestling career. He and teammate Pat Freiermuth accompanied the former AEW women’s champion Britt Baker DMD to the ring during her match on Wednesday night at PPG Paints arena in Pittsburgh.

“We were just thinking up stuff on the fly after that,” said Harris, who added he watched wrestling with his friends growing up. “I was like, ‘Shoot, let me grab this flag right here, then. Let me walk out, and I’ll walk behind you like you’re the champion.’”
Najee Harris on AEW pic.twitter.com/b0p2Tg4G1B

— TC Vidz
🥋
(@TC_Vidz) April 21, 2022

AEW didn’t plan for any Steelers to be involved with their show on Wednesday. But Harris met Baker at the Steelers South Side facility on Tuesday and it sparked some interest from Harris. With Baker and AEW in town for a show the superstar stopped by the South Side for a tour of the facility as she’s a life long Steelers fan from Pennsylvania. From there Harris divulged a plan to come to the event.

Thank you @steelers for the Pittsburgh hospitality!

…and thanks for the glove
😉
@AEW pic.twitter.com/Ozjpzm0N7i

— Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. (@RealBrittBaker) April 19, 2022

On Thursday Steelers ESPN reporter Brooke Pryor had a chance to talk with Harris and get the low down on what exactly happened.

“I was upstairs talking to a couple coaches about some guys in the draft, and then I ran into her,” Harris told ESPN on Thursday. “We were talking, and I was like, ‘When do y’all have a match?’ She said ‘tomorrow,’ and I was like, shoot, let me pull up. And then I went.”

STEELERS HARRIS FLEW TO MEET TRUBISKY AFTER HE SIGNED

From there Harris and Freiermuth ended up stealing the show. They accompanied Baker to the stage, and helped pump up the crowd as Baker would defeat her opponent with her famous ‘lockjaw’ finisher. Only this time she had a special glove that she used to submit her opponent. It was a glove that the team gave her while she was at the facility on Tuesday.

Dr. @RealBrittbaker with the @steelers glove to sink in the LockJaw for the victory, and she has now qualified for the #OwenHart Foundation Women's Tournament! #AEWDynamite is LIVE on @TBSNetwork! pic.twitter.com/2hGh7MIO8P

— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) April 21, 2022

Now after Baker won the match she took the mic to talk some trash. And as she was leaving the ring Harris took the mic off of her and began to try and say something. But the mic cut out and Harris wasn’t able to get more than a couple words out of his mouth.

Steelers and Britt Baker DMD

Photo: Courtesy of All Elite Wrestling

“They were smart enough to cut the mic off, that’s what happened,” Harris said with a laugh. “I was gonna say some s—. I grabbed it because she was walking away, and I took it out of her hand. I started saying stuff. But they did the right thing and turned off the mic.

Harris has been known for his interesting mic takes during Steelers media sessions. Or even one time after a game when he was interviewed by ESPN Deportes . Harris tried to attempt some Spanish conversation, but it didn’t work out for him.

Check out this postgame interview from ESPN Deportes reporter @espnsutcliffe with @ohthatsNajee22
😂
pic.twitter.com/KG4mJLgCcw

— The Fan Morning Show (@FanMorningShow) November 9, 2021

Maybe next time AEW comes to town they’ll let Harris get on the mic. But don’t count on it.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..