• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Plan to Welcome Stephon Tuitt Back

Time for a sitdown with Tuitt and the team and find out if he's committed to playing full-time or if he wants to get on with his life's work.
Exactly and speculation about any of this is useless. He is a person who suffered a terrible loss. Maybe he has lost all passion for his job. It happens and it's his perogative. The Steelers signed a contract and will need to honor the guarenteed portion of it. But if he is committed and would like to play again why not. He never did anything wrong or shameful to the team at all.

I'd cut him and save the money. They don't need him that bad for one more year and they damn well better not even entertain signing him after this year to another contract. His knee was heeled early on and he took the entire season off. He'll just get hurt again and miss time like just about every season since he's been here. His salary just is not justifiable.
Unless he takes a huge pay cut I agree. He got paid to do nothing last year. Take a 10 million decrease in pay for 2022 or cut his ***.

A return of Tuitt (and Alualu as the top reserve) would immediately turn the weakest part of the team in 2021 back to the strength of the team as it was in 2020.

His return would take away any pressure to find a DL in FA and could look at a possible 2nd or 3rd round DL like Jevon Hargrave. They could focus on getting the OL fixed.

It’s notable to remember he’s still a young player with potentially many years remaining.

Not very specific, but a bit encouraging:

If he truly wants to return I have no problem with it. Maybe tweak his contract. Seems like they know a little more in regards to him than last month. We still need to see it shake out but semi positive news.