• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Practice Squad

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Travis Feeney signed to the practice squad. 9 more to go.

Bulk up a little and he may have a future

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2016/09/steelers_3_cut_practice_squad.html

PITTSBURGH -- Demarcus Ayers, Travis Feeney and Caushaud Lyons are Pittsburgh Steelers practice squad candidates, according to sources close to their situations.

All three were cut by the team earlier Saturday ahead of the NFL's 4 p.m. 53-man roster deadline. Rosters are frozen until noon tomorrow, at which point waiver claims will be processed as they and any other released players can be signed around the league.

Still hope for your boy Ayers down the line Coolie. Cannot deny the fact he has elusiveness and has another gear that his 40 time doesn't indicate. Hope to see him on a Steelers 53 roster soon

The Steelers have agreed to terms with 10 players for the team's practice squad, it was announced today.

The players include running backs Brandon Brown-Dukes and Cameron Stingily, wide receivers Demarcus Ayers and Cobi Hamilton, tight end Rashaun Allen, offensive tackle Matt Feiler, defensive end Caushaud Lyons, defensive tackle Johnny Maxey, cornerback Al-Hajj Shabazz and linebacker Travis Feeney.

http://m.steelers.com/news/transactions

Two running backs is the only surprise for me.

Golson is still going to IR at some point. Grant may be waiting to be resigned once they make that move.

Really? The way they go through RBs....

When one of those running backs is Cameron Stingily, yes. Nothing against him personally, but he just isn't an NFL-caliber player.

I was expecting to see Doran Grant on the PS. I wonder if he was offered a spot? I didnt see him picked up by any other teams yet.

So,tell me guys,what type of $$$$$ do these guys sign for? And does it count against the cap?

So,tell me guys,what type of $$$$$ do these guys sign for? And does it count against the cap?

I know it doesn't count but no idea how much they earn

Yes it does. Practice squad per-diem (they get paid on a week-to-week basis) count on the salary cap.

Yes it does. Practice squad per-diem (they get paid on a week-to-week basis) count on the salary cap.

I'm confused Del, I thought all PS players fall beneath the 51 player cutoff?

Del, Cope is correct, cap counts the Top 51 contracts.

Here's your full practice squad

Steelers add 10 to practice squad

The players include running backs Brandon Brown-Dukes and Cameron Stingily, wide receivers Demarcus Ayers and Cobi Hamilton, tight end Rashaun Allen, offensive tackle Matt Feiler, defensive end Caushaud Lyons, defensive tackle Johnny Maxey, cornerback Al-Hajj Shabazz and linebacker Travis Feeney.

http://www.steelers.com/news/transa...ce-squad/eefc345b-76d3-4933-8247-dd537776bd7f