• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Regular Season Record Predictions

Lol @Ron

I'm gonna go 13-3 . This team is good, easier schedule. Sweep the division is key. We split with those ******** in Cincinnati, sweep Cleveland and Baltimore . Lose to NE, and Giants .

Brother, you're forgetting we will lose to some of the worst teams.

I'm going to be insanely optimistic - 14-2, with the losses being Eagles and Colts. Interesting nearly everyone naming the losses have the Pats as a loss. I know they have had the Steelers number pretty much since Brady became Qb, but I like the fact they're playing the Pats at home in week 7. Bell plus a few of the injured players will be back, some of the new players will have a few games under the belt, chemistry on both sides of the ball should be peaking and the skill players won't have been battered by Burfict or the Ravens:-)

We used to have a member who started the weekly score prediction thread every week. He would post it on Tuesdays or Wed if it was a Monday night game and only his thread would be the official post. Everyone else's would get deleted. But he passed away a few years ago. Some people have kept the tradition going each week. If you'd like to do it you're more then welcome.

Who is going to do it this year? It's about time who ever it is starts their spreadsheets.

I think week 2 against the bungholes will set the tone for the rest of the season. I know their top idiot will be suspended for that game, but someone else might "step up" and try to injure Ben or another key player. If the Steelers come out of week 2 with a win and no major injuries, then we're good until week 15 when they play again. I can see a record of 12-4, winning the division, bye week, and winning it all!!
But that's just with Jones standing on the sidelines all season long with an occasional mop up job.

I'm going with 13-3. It's time this team puts it all together

12 and 4....Pats, Colts, Bengals and Ravens are possible losses.

12-4 with the top seed. All the top AFC teams right now have issues, Pats no Brady for 4 games, Bungles missing their top offensive and defensive player for the first few games, Ravens banged up, Denver no QB. We'll be fine and even stronger when key players start to return from injury.

13-3 AFC top seed. Home field for playoffs straight to LI

I'll be honest, I like everyone here do not like the way we're starting season with key guys out do to injury and suspension. I think the loss of Miller will be bigger than we think as he was one of the best if not the best blocking TE in the league and always seemed to get open as Ben's security blanket. Jesse James will have big shoes to fill so I hope the young man is up to the task. Ladarius Green, a huge disappointment but no sense dwelling on it. Martavius Bryant will be missed big time. LBell I think we can get by ok with DWilliams but that hurts too. So to the prediction. IF and only if Ben plays a complete 16 game schedule I think we can go 11-5 and keep pace with the Bengals. A lot depend on how much of the slack Jesse James picks up, and if we can make-up for the loss of Bryant to some level and the defense. Always the defense the last few seasons. Can we generate a pass rush? Can we cover the TE? Guys like Uncle Jarvis, Chicky, must come through. Shazier must stay healthy and play like he demonstrated in the playoffs. We have to get something out of the secondary in coverage. It just can't be Will Gay. Others like Cockrell, Gilbert, Burns, Davis, Mitchell, Golson if he comes back at all this year, must contribute.
Only trying to be realistic with this football team. But as always, so goes Ben, so goes the Steelers. 11-5 for me with a healthy Ben.

I'll be honest, I like everyone here do not like the way we're starting season with key guys out do to injury and suspension. I think the loss of Miller will be bigger than we think as he was one of the best if not the best blocking TE in the league and always seemed to get open as Ben's security blanket. Jesse James will have big shoes to fill so I hope the young man is up to the task. Ladarius Green, a huge disappointment but no sense dwelling on it. Martavius Bryant will be missed big time. LBell I think we can get by ok with DWilliams but that hurts too. So to the prediction. IF and only if Ben plays a complete 16 game schedule I think we can go 11-5 and keep pace with the Bengals. A lot depend on how much of the slack Jesse James picks up, and if we can make-up for the loss of Bryant to some level and the defense. Always the defense the last few seasons. Can we generate a pass rush? Can we cover the TE? Guys like Uncle Jarvis, Chicky, must come through. Shazier must stay healthy and play like he demonstrated in the playoffs. We have to get something out of the secondary in coverage. It just can't be Will Gay. Others like Cockrell, Gilbert, Burns, Davis, Mitchell, Golson if he comes back at all this year, must contribute.
Only trying to be realistic with this football team. But as always, so goes Ben, so goes the Steelers. 11-5 for me with a healthy Ben.

I am apprehensive about this year. I just think it is going to be a struggle.

I think they had 3 main goals in training camp. Fix the secondary, get Green up to speed at TE, and see if they can get a pass rush out of their young 1st round LBs. They accomplished none of those things. I don't blame anyone for that, it just didn't happen, at least coming out of the preseason. They are certainly trying.

Anyway, I see a slow start and a battle to get to 10-6, and that is if they can keep injuries down. Hell, seems like half the team is banged up already. I don't know if 10-6 makes the playoffs.

Man, I hope I am wrong. I don't like this, as I am usually pretty optimistic. Maybe I'm just getting old.

I am apprehensive about this year. I just think it is going to be a struggle.

Anyway, I see a slow start and a battle to get to 10-6, and that is if they can keep injuries down. Hell, seems like half the team is banged up already. I don't know if 10-6 makes the playoffs.

Man, I hope I am wrong. I don't like this, as I am usually pretty optimistic. Maybe I'm just getting old.

10-6. Our defense is sub par.

me three..........10-6