• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers sign former top 10 CB to the PS

The secondary coaching has improved with Grady Brown and Anthony Midget. They’re getting quality play out of the secondary. I think Henderson will be adequate.

Henderson has all the physical tools and is a man coverage guy... that is good

However, there might be some entitlement concerns attitude wise and he had serious tackling issues too...

He got traded awfully fast for a first rounder.. though he also has been part of a lot of deep CB rooms... which made it easier to move on from him for various teams

Henderson has all the physical tools and is a man coverage guy... that is good

However, there might be some entitlement concerns attitude wise and he had serious tackling issues too...

He got traded awfully fast for a first rounder.. though he also has been part of a lot of deep CB rooms... which made it easier to move on from him for various teams
Love they have large PSs now. You can see weekly if they are good enough to sign…

He was underwhelming with the Panthers, but who wasn’t? They were corner starved and still parted ways.

He was underwhelming with the Panthers, but who wasn’t? They were corner starved and still parted ways.
But we know this song and dance right? Said player A bounces around and flames out. Said player B bounces around then sticks as is a decent starter or role player.

Different schemes, different coaches with different coaching developmental capabilities. Steelers players have came in and performed better and left and performed better.

We shall see which way the pendulum swings.

He has pedigree. Enough said. Nothing else matters.
Hard to understand how a top ten guy. Probably top two at his position could fail thst bad. Like can't break top 5 on a roster.
Level of competition they aren’t facing powder puffs every other week. Plus teams aren’t always drafting the player that best fits their scheme.

Also some of these projections come with the player being able to advance his level of play and some just are topped out in college.

Some just don’t want to put in that extra work to get to that level.

A lot of different reasons for these guys that bust out.

Yet some others are just late bloomers. Take a little longer to develop than a team likes and has patience for. Lot of money flying around so their patience follows suit often in accordance.

Love they have large PSs now. You can see weekly if they are good enough to sign…
Covid forced them to make several changes people
He has pedigree. Enough said. Nothing else matters.
Hard to understand how a top ten guy. Probably top two at his position could fail thst bad. Like can't break top 5 on a roster.
Ever go back through drafts classes like 20 years later... drafting is a crapshoot... a good portion of the top drafted players are barely mediocre but just get chance after chance because of their.. dare i say it... Pedigree...

Covid forced them to make several changes people
Ever go back through drafts classes like 20 years later... drafting is a crapshoot... a good portion of the top drafted players are barely mediocre but just get chance after chance because of their.. dare i say it... Pedigree...
I'm just saying many hundreds of players available. You get top 10. That shouldn't be hard. At least serviceable.

But we know this song and dance right? Said player A bounces around and flames out. Said player B bounces around then sticks as is a decent starter or role player.

Different schemes, different coaches with different coaching developmental capabilities. Steelers players have came in and performed better and left and performed better.

We shall see which way the pendulum swings.
What I kept hearing from the radio guys and “insiders” down in Pantherland was that he was not efforting much. That can be a culture thing and they’ve been a mess for years now so it wouldn’t surprise me if that were a contributing factor.

Hopefully surrounded by better players and coaching he can achieve his potential.

He’s hitting that make or break point in his career as pedigree will only get ya so many opportunities.
Hopefully he seizes the opportunity given and the pendulum swings in the right direction for him/us.

It’s interesting depth Tomlin is building in the secondary. He’ll have Sutton available in a few weeks, the return of Edmunds. I know Trice went on IR but still. Henderson should be a descent acclimation and could work out well in nickel/dime situations later in the season. I’m interested in seeing how he deploys them against the bigger and better tight ends of the league. Edmunds will be a box filler as he has always been good against the run.

What I kept hearing from the radio guys and “insiders” down in Pantherland was that he was not efforting much. That can be a culture thing and they’ve been a mess for years now so it wouldn’t surprise me if that were a contributing factor.

Hopefully surrounded by better players and coaching he can achieve his potential.

He’s hitting that make or break point in his career as pedigree will only get ya so many opportunities.
Hopefully he seizes the opportunity given and the pendulum swings in the right direction for him/us.
Henderson's history reminds me of another CB we signed, who had pedigree, at least in college. Justin Gilbert was a beast at OK St., then flamed out in the NFL. He was a knucklehead off the field, so there's that. Here's hoping that Henderson is looking to work hard and appreciate this opportunity (he's surrounded by Minkah, TJ, Cam, JPJr, and a solid defense!), and he makes his mark on this team. Sort of a last chance before the CFL, USFL, Arena league. And his Gator alma mater and one-time Steeler Joe Haden would be proud.