• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Sign Punter Jordan Berry to One-Year Contract

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
What pictures does he have....:unsure:

Unless they bring in or draft a legitimate punter there is NO reason to draft one just for tapered competition. Colquitt was a fail by the front office Or whomever made the play for him and they were lucky to get Berry back.

"BUBBLES" didn't coach anyone up.

Salute the nation

Honestly I thought he was the worst I saw last year. Dude put almost every attempt to pin down between the 10 and the 20. Usually about the 12-15. I bet if you looked up they were about minus 10 or more to their opponents. BRUTAL DECISION.

Like If Mike Tomlin and Colbert really think Barry's punting was above the line last year what does that tell you. I don't need to be an NFL insider privy to the all 24 and the calls to be right about this one. I've got eyes and can see for myself.

Draft Duffy in the 7th or bring in udfa to push him

Draft Duffy in the 7th or bring in udfa to push him

Unless it is someone who can LEGITAMITELY challenge him, than it's a waste of a draft pick or effort. Last few years they brought in low end punters and before the competition even began we already knew the outcome. I like what you are saying in bringing someone in but that someone needs to be high caliber and thought to be able to replace him, not just to push him. I know we need to give players a try to see if they can stick but a little "pre-work" needs to be done as well.

Salute the nation

2 Ray Guy award winners in this draft.

2019 was Duffy
2020 was Pressley Harvin III of Georgia Tech

I'd consider drafting either of them in the 7th, but would aggressively target both in URFA if either are available.

2 Ray Guy award winners in this draft.

2019 was Duffy
2020 was Pressley Harvin III of Georgia Tech

I'd consider drafting either of them in the 7th, but would aggressively target both in URFA if either are available.

NOW you're talking, bring in either and we have a new PUNTER on the team.

Salute the nation

Last year was probably his best year yet. He was launching some boomers. He has good hang time. He didn’t shank as much as he usually does. He was close to punting properly

Last year was probably his best year yet. He was launching some boomers. He has good hang time. He didn’t shank as much as he usually does. He was close to punting properly
Fair assessment. I think he has leg, but that is a prerequisite. I just found they always settled for well that wasn't horrible on downing the ball.