• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers signing a T.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Anderson recently contracted malaria , per one story doctors gave him a 50-50 chance of survival.

He got the disease while on a trip to Nigeria, where he and his wife (who is half-Nigerian) were doing some philanthropic work.

My adopted father had malaria from a trip that I luckily wasn’t on. He always took military cargo $10 hops most of the times he dragged me with him.

Also learned not too long ago I am 10 percent Nigerian. (DNA test)

So I will be pulling for this guy to have finally worked his way back. Curious if the PS him or elevate him to the roster…

He was placed on IR prior to the season, then released. I know that he had to sit out the season for the ****’s because of this. Does his release then wipe the slate clean, or does he still have to sit out for a certain number of games still?

He was placed on IR prior to the season, then released. I know that he had to sit out the season for the ****’s because of this. Does his release then wipe the slate clean, or does he still have to sit out for a certain number of games still?
No he is a clean sign.

Does that mean a team can IR a player before the season, ending their year, then cut and resign during the year? Seems like an odd loophole .

IMG-0085.jpg

With fautanu placed on IR, the Steelers signed OT Calvin Anderson. Anderson was given a injury settlement from the pats. 3 weeks later we sign him to the 53. Anybody have a low-down on this. ? Maybe we got a great deal. Was / is he worse than chukes? Better? Was chukes playing in his spot because he was injured? Why do the injury thing if he is ok 3 weeks later and passes our physical. ?
We don't sign him to practice squad, he's coming to the 53. From my understanding.

With fautanu placed on IR, the Steelers signed OT Calvin Anderson. Anderson was given a injury settlement from the pats. 3 weeks later we sign him to the 53. Anybody have a low-down on this. ? Maybe we got a great deal. Was / is he worse than chukes? Better? Was chukes playing in his spot because he was injured? Why do the injury thing if he is ok 3 weeks later and passes our physical. ?
We don't sign him to practice squad, he's coming to the 53. From my understanding.

Ahhhh the injury settlement ... see a team cant cut a player who was hurt playing for them without one... if they IR the guy, they have to pay him his game check each week...

so basically teams use the move to either get a guy off the roster who is milking an injury or to let a guy who they feel is too injured to play try to find another team that feels he is ok...
sometimes the team is going to IR a minorly injured scrub and tge scrub is a UFA anyway, so the scrub opts to take an injury settlement, find a team, and actually play a little to prove themselves for the next contract

so wonder how he measures up with chuks ,, who is awol. Both were patriots
All I know is this guy seemingly was a guy that had a decent amount of starts and has played both sides. I think they replaced him because of his loss of weight then strength. And then got lost in a numbers game. Maybe they thought he was too much of a risk. But he didn’t give up a lot of sacks held his own. They must have been happy with his workout to ultimately sign him…

i shouldnt have started a new thread.. but i thought my comments were somewhere else buried...

Ok so he is on the 53? He is the back up swing tackle over cooke and anderson?

Was he better than chuks? Or should we send out a search party for him instead?

i shouldnt have started a new thread.. but i thought my comments were somewhere else buried...

Ok so he is on the 53? He is the back up swing tackle over cooke and anderson?

Was he better than chuks? Or should we send out a search party for him instead?
Cook is on IR, Anderson is more of a G. I would think he would be the swing if activated…

Cook is on IR, Anderson is more of a G. I would think he would be the swing if activated…
if he can do everything that chuks did , then this is a great trash heap pick up. I just really know nothing about him. Spencer Anderson it has been stated that he has been taking reps at OT for contingency this week.

So we have 3 wilsons and 2 Andersons now.

Pretty sure he is totally free.

I’m rooting for this guy with hope he can better our team.

Salute the nation

Never heard of him...

There was a time that I hadn’t heard of you,…….. but with time and Patience, you blossomed into a great asset……..

Maybe if you give this guy time, he will flourish as well…………………….

Salute the nation

So who is our back up center

There was a time that I hadn’t heard of you,…….. but with time and Patience, you blossomed into a great asset……..

Maybe if you give this guy time, he will flourish as well…………………….

Salute the nation
I thought it was the Titos and edibles that caused Berm’s blossoming

I know the peyote did the trick for me!!!!

Thanks again for all your great posts along the way!

I thought it was the Titos and edibles that caused Berm’s blossoming

I know the peyote did the trick for me!!!!

Thanks again for all your great posts along the way!

Berm has a lot of things blossoming, I just hope he drinks enough water along the way…………….

Salute the nation

So who is our back up center

McCormick has snapped, but very limited and I doubt he is considered the back up C.

Nice solid player he is and for a fourth, nice value. Will be starting next year, possibly some this year, both at gaurd.

Salute the nation