• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers to wear throwbacks this week to honor 50th anniversary of Super Bowl IX

Yes…Pittsburghs PBS channel was 13 on the dial..
Or better known to me as WQED, the home of Mister Rodgers..
Who BTW I used to say good morning to a couple times a week while attending Central Catholic High School as a snot nosed freshman.
WQED studio is next door to Central Catholic for all you non-Yinzers out there.. 😁

Oh yeah… same high school and same year a fellow freshman named Danny Marino (yes he wasn’t Dan the man yet) attended school there .

Central Catholic was a football powerhouse when I was at North Allegheny in the 70's. I was a year ahead of yinz but didn't play football.

I was 6 on a farm close to Hershey. I am glad they turned on that TV to keep me occupied. I still wonder why I chose the Steelers over the Eagles. I was in the states about a year so it had to be a random visit. I had a sling shot and a fort with soldiers and Indians. I loved their fried ring bologna sandwiches and tapioca pudding. Their friends would bring their campers up and gather on their property. There was bonfires, and berry picking. It is where I developed my love for the countryside.

They all have passed on but the memories remain.