• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Trade up into Top 5 and to Draft Willis

If they were to move up from 20 to 5 it will cost more than a swap of firsts and a second round pick. It will probably cost next years third.
No one in this draft at the QB position warrants moving up for, no one.
Stay the course and draft WR, DL, CB, OL,
Tomlin does have a penchant for panic and reaching for players Uncle Jarvis, Terrell Edmunds who could have been had in the third, Artie Burns, Please stay the course’

someone is just stirring the pot,
Willis has all the skills to be a better version maybe not as fast as Lamar but an effective passer to run a rpo out of the pistol.
Both have cannon arms like jow Lamar sat for a year until they built an offense around him, Willis can fine-tune his accuracy and reading nfl coverages.
I really liked Ridder from the time the season ended but no way is he a round 1 that mocks have him going r in the past 5 days, he is early round or mid-round 2, great attributes size, arm, and perfect for the rpo and Canada's motion offense. I think with the Commanders getting Wentz even at how streaky he is they will take a skill set player over Willis. The saints have to much cash invested in 2 mediocre QB's and I see them going for Corall later as they have plenty of holes.
I easily see with the recent QB moves made both Willis and Pickett falling however I feel MT wants Davis more than Willis now him falling to 20 will be tough and with Tuitt future and contract situation entering the final year it may be best to trade up for Davis from his highlight film and combine even for a massive guy I think he like Ngata can be a 3 down player.
If willis was going to beca mid second round pick id have little problems taking a shot on him… because if he isn’t panning out the team won’t force feed him for five years… if we take him in the first, or worse trade up for him… he may sit this year, but tge next three after that are absolutely him starting and maybe the season after that too… even if he is horrible and not ready…

And unlike some, his red flags are the kind that are extremely boom or bust… with far more busts than booms…

someone is just stirring the pot,
Willis has all the skills to be a better version maybe not as fast as Lamar but an effective passer to run a rpo out of the pistol.
Both have cannon arms like jow Lamar sat for a year until they built an offense around him, Willis can fine-tune his accuracy and reading nfl coverages.
I really liked Ridder from the time the season ended but no way is he a round 1 that mocks have him going r in the past 5 days, he is early round or mid-round 2, great attributes size, arm, and perfect for the rpo and Canada's motion offense. I think with the Commanders getting Wentz even at how streaky he is they will take a skill set player over Willis. The saints have to much cash invested in 2 mediocre QB's and I see them going for Corall later as they have plenty of holes.
I easily see with the recent QB moves made both Willis and Pickett falling however I feel MT wants Davis more than Willis now him falling to 20 will be tough and with Tuitt future and contract situation entering the final year it may be best to trade up for Davis from his highlight film and combine even for a massive guy I think he like Ngata can be a 3 down player.
Pickett is almost certainly going to carolina with the sixth overall… the owner all but demanded it in early march

to know about Willis - he left Auburn when he was told he would not be the starting QB. That starting QB for Auburn is now sitting squarely on the bench in New England, behind Mac Jones.

Yes, Willis very well could have worked on his game and gotten stronger as he matured. Though, had he done that while transferring to a D-1 school and playing against better competition, it would have helped him overall.

Can Willis be good? of course. Though I think his ceiling may be Aaron Brooks. Little better than good, and enough good to make a franchise invest around him. Though he could just as easily turn into a Baker Mayfield, or even Jason Campbell. Both are just a step down from Brooks. And none are or were worth a first round pick ... and Brooks wasnt.

All we have are opinions, we don't know if anyone will be good or bad until we see them in our system and see if they are genuine students of the game, or just here for the fame.

Even me bashing on Pickett's hand size, I have no idea how he will pan out. I will say his film is fantastic, so who am I to bash cap'n tiny hands?

Also I was listening to some Ryan Leaf clips. He guest hosts for Rich Eisen when Rich isn't there, and he has incredible radio chops. Smart, funny, insightful. So if you guys are still saying Leaf is washed up, or still a loser, you are missing out on his great commentary. Most importantly using his own experience as a cautionary tale to teach young QBs how to be successful in the NFL.

All we have are opinions, we don't know if anyone will be good or bad until we see them in our system and see if they are genuine students of the game, or just here for the fame.

Even me bashing on Pickett's hand size, I have no idea how he will pan out. I will say his film is fantastic, so who am I to bash cap'n tiny hands?

Also I was listening to some Ryan Leaf clips. He guest hosts for Rich Eisen when Rich isn't there, and he has incredible radio chops. Smart, funny, insightful. So if you guys are still saying Leaf is washed up, or still a loser, you are missing out on his great commentary. Most importantly using his own experience as a cautionary tale to teach young QBs how to be successful in the NFL.

The entirety of our past is what makes us what we are today.

Ryan Leaf took a path in life that taught him humility and he worked his way out to respectable from what I see.

He definitely washed up as a player in the NFL but today he is using that experience to help other, pretty fine accomplishment in my opinion.

I don't watch / listen to rich at all BUT I have caught a clip or two of Leaf's and he is pretty good.

Salute the nation

I had stated I think Willis is a rnd 1 but ridder is a round 2 qb with great upside I think a taller kap agile, strong arm and can adjust to what Matt Canada wants to do with a lot of motion and mostly run a rpo

I'd be pissed if they moved up to the Top5 and didn't run to the podium for Davis from UGA.

Then, I would obviously embrace him because he is a Steeler.
Davis is my pick. But even I'm not going that high. A great football player will be there at 20. Maybe not a QB but a great player will be there. Zero reason considering their off season and the potential bust Q's to move up more than three or four picks and it better not cost crazy.

All offseason I've been reading how Kordell would've been a monster in today's NFL...
He might have been.. maybe he wins an mvp or two, but I don’t see that kind of qb winning super bowls… its still a passing league first and foremost…. Let the ravens experiment with rbs that throw occasionally, give me someone who can and will beat you with his arm