• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers training camp has completed, what have we learned?

We got a hot rookie class.

First we need to cut the bums, or trade them for something if possible. Bums out! Green, Dotson, and Harvin III.

Don't look now but we have a decent ILB core. It would take a bold move, but maybe Tomlin should reach down and prove he has a pair by staring Jones.

First we need to cut the bums, or trade them for something if possible. Bums out! Green, Dotson, and Harvin III.

Don't look now but we have a decent ILB core. It would take a bold move, but maybe Tomlin should reach down and prove he has a pair by staring Jones.
Harvin isn't a bum he had the better camp in compared to his competition. Dotson hasn't had a bad camp. You would think for how long you have been on this site you would be more sympathetic to bums hanging around, as you are still here.

Harvin isn't a bum he had the better camp in compared to his competition. Dotson hasn't had a bad camp. You would think for how long you have been on this site you would be more sympathetic to bums hanging around, as you are still here.
Coochie got 1 out of 3. If it was baseball he'd be in the Hall of Fame.

I said this many times last year and this offseason and I think a few others did as well. Moore was also trying to cover for Dotson being week on his right side. Having a solid player there now is going to help him tremendously plus he has another year as a starter under his belt plus he put in the work this offseason to get stronger. If he could play RT, I'd love to see Jones at LT and Moore at RT next year. Chuks cap hit is more than he worth and he is just average. He does his job but is nothing special whatsoever.

What do you think it would take to prompt an in-season change along the offensive line? In other words, how bad would Moore or Okorafor have to play? One of the main reasons the offensive line was as good as it was last year was continuity. If you think one of your tackles is going to play poorly enough to get replaced after the bye, just throw Jones into the fire.
Watching last night, Jones looked ok but struggled a bit. I think he needs some work. Right now with Moore playing well and the first string line becoming in sync-you don’t change it-barring injury. They have the luxury right now to bring Jones on whatever timeline the Steelers have for him.

Watching last night, Jones looked ok but struggled a bit. I think he needs some work. Right now with Moore playing well and the first string line becoming in sync-you don’t change it-barring injury. They have the luxury right now to bring Jones on whatever timeline the Steelers have for him.
With OL you either start them out of the gate or redshirt them (barring injury). A lot of talented tackles struggle as rookies and it seems like the Steelers are content developing Jones from the sideline. It’s not surprising given he had the highest upside but was the rawest of the top tackle prospects.

38077BA2-B7F2-437E-8D1F-ACF56126247F.gif

I think they already trimmed the fat. This is the deepest roster in years.

Harvin reportedly had a better camp and punted well last night. Green should be done but I’m not convinced about Dotson. I don’t think you give up quality depth along the OL unless blown away with a trade offer.