• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

STEELERS working the Wing........................................................ memory

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I know it’s been awhile, I think 2019, but I kinda liked Wing while he was here.

Salute the nation

Harvin's job could be in jeopardy as the steelers are bringing in Mr. Wing himself.

Article says he worked out today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...31&cvid=37d606ed5a2e435b85d266c9223b8272&ei=9

We need something, FIRE works wonders, especially when place under your bottom side.....

Salute the nation
If memory serves me correctly the reason Wing is no longer a Steeler is he had a similar propensity to shank punts at bad times (or was his punting just generally mediocre?). I know Berry did.

We will still lose on Monday. Fat punter, skinny punter, same outcome. Tomlin gets outcoached.
punter / skinny punter isn’t reason for win or loss, but at least they are trying to address the punter situation.

I don’t think Wing is the answer (I liked him), and I think Mann should be brought back in to look at too.

Salute the nationb

What happened to Mann, the other punter we had in camp? Don’t know why shades keeps sticking with Gumby Foot. Killed us Sunday with two horrible punts giving the Niners short fields.
Yep. That is why we lost ....bad punting. Simply KILLED us.🙄

Harvin was clearly the better punter in the preseason so i thought maybe he turned the corner. However after last game i would bring in someone new. I do not think Mann or Wing is the answer. Surely there is someone out there who can kick the ball other than retreads.

Tomlin had the entire preseason to evaluate punters. After one game he wants to change punters. He just isn't good at punter evaluation.

Tomlin had the entire preseason to evaluate punters. After one game he wants to change punters. He just isn't good at punter evaluation.
I don’t think he’s good at offensive coordinator evaluation. The last good one was pushed by the Rooneys (Haley)

Best non-losing season Coach ever / all time / greatest.

Has the record to prove it……………………..AaaHHhhhheeemmmm

Salute the nation

Yep. That is why we lost ....bad punting. Simply KILLED us.🙄
That’s certainly not the main reason we lost but you simply cannot give a superior opponent like the 49’ers great field position after two of Harvin’s short punts.

If memory serves me correctly the reason Wing is no longer a Steeler is he had a similar propensity to shank punts at bad times (or was his punting just generally mediocre?). I know Berry did.

Yeah, it's like Moe ditching Larry to hire Curley... picking one idiot over another idiot.

How difficult is it to find a competent kicker?

That’s certainly not the main reason we lost but you simply cannot give a superior opponent like the 49’ers great field position after two of Harvin’s short punts.
I am more worried about our vaulted D not being able to stop a superior opponent at all. The 49ers did what they wanted offensively all game. You know...the backbone of our TEAM.