• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Still Perplexed on all the Niners fans at Acrisure

It’s economics. If people weren’t willing to pay the high prices, they wouldn’t exist.

I'm a season ticket holder and it was disgusting to see all the red in that stadium for Week 1. CA has money and PIT fans cashed in on it. This game was over before it started. I wanted renegade played in the 1st QTR to try and get some momentum. Watt showed up, the rest of the team looked lost.

I will also say away Steeler fans seem to be way more passionate about watching the Steelers than home fans.

I'm a season ticket holder and it was disgusting to see all the red in that stadium for Week 1. CA has money and PIT fans cashed in on it. This game was over before it started. I wanted renegade played in the 1st QTR to try and get some momentum. Watt showed up, the rest of the team looked lost.

I will also say away Steeler fans seem to be way more passionate about watching the Steelers than home fans.
The home fans in the box seats median age is 62

Another reason that isn't being brought up, this wasn't an AFCN game, not even an AFC game. Sure it was the season opener, but in the grand scheme of things, one game that you can miss. And if you can make a good profit, I can see it.

This is where I get lost. Look, if you want to say their approach has been shortsighted, in that they didn't forsee this, fine. I just have a hard time buying an ownership that spends to the cap every year and has provided some pretty good football over the years all of the sudden doesn't care about fans.

You’re right, I may have been a little harsh. There are a lot of “little” things that add up in the NFL, Ownership is a part of that.

Salute the nation

Sort of. I think there's a few different groups of Steelers fans at home games.

1. Season ticket holders who love football and are diehard fans.
2. Season ticket holders who are casual fans.
3. Diehards who travel from all over the country.
4. Fans who are there for the social aspect only.

1 and 3 make it a great environment. 2 and 4 are why the energy isn't the same as it was when the stadium was first built.

Sort of. I think there's a few different groups of Steelers fans at home games.

1. Season ticket holders who love football and are diehard fans.
2. Season ticket holders who are casual fans.
3. Diehards who travel from all over the country.
4. Fans who are there for the social aspect only.

1 and 3 make it a great environment. 2 and 4 are why the energy isn't the same as it was when the stadium was first built.

ADD in the fact of complacency. Many season ticket holder have had them for so long that it’s NOT as big a deal anymore, other than a profit possibility.

I was on the “waiting” list for over 14 years, I eventually called and removed my name due to the NFL and it’s way of thinking. I’d still not have gotten season tickets had I kept my name on due to the longevity of the list. 25 years and waiting is way to long on any season ticket venture.

Complacency

Salute the nation

Tomlin said something in his PC like " We need to address the crowd noise component".........really? The Pittsburgh Steelers in their home stadium have to worry about opposing fan crowd noise? My...My....things have really gone downhill under this regime haven't they? WOW....speaks volumes.

Tomlin said something in his PC like " We need to address the crowd noise component".........really? The Pittsburgh Steelers in their home stadium have to worry about opposing fan crowd noise? My...My....things have really gone downhill under this regime haven't they? WOW....speaks volumes.
The 49ers fans really didn't cheer much until the 4th quarter when the game was already in hand. I was surprised how quiet they were given their numbers.

They need to do something about the opposing teams' fans being loud.

Maybe not suck? I hope that helps.

The Steelers have not proven they are anywhere close to being a contender and in all reality not a damned thing has been done to put the team back into contention since, I don't know, since #7 waa drafted maybe?. If I was a season ticket holder and I I spent a small fortune to see my Steelers and then the product is absolute garbage for over a decade, I'd be to the point of selling out in hopes that ownership wakes the **** up. The status quo isn't cutting it.

The Steelers have not proven they are anywhere close to being a contender and in all reality not a damned thing has been done to put the team back into contention since, I don't know, since #7 waa drafted maybe?. If I was a season ticket holder and I I spent a small fortune to see my Steelers and then the product is absolute garbage for over a decade, I'd be to the point of selling out in hopes that ownership wakes the **** up. The status quo isn't cutting it.
Nothing a small group of fans can do that would shake the powers that be.

We know a large group wouldn't ban together, as fans like different things now. Like what was pointed out about the opposing fans showing up in our teams stadium.

So basically it would just be a waste of time and effort..

Personal seat licenses allow season tickets to be an investment. It's a money making opportunity for fans who own them. Not my personal style, but it's the system that's been created.
100%
If the owners can cash grab at every possible turn how could it be wrong for the fans who have way less invested?

Obviously football all about the $ these days, the game is secondary

100%
If the owners can cash grab at every possible turn how could it be wrong for the fans who have way less invested?

Obviously football all about the $ these days, the game is secondary

EXACTLY, it has led to the demise of the game. The game is barely watchable when you add in the cheating team, sex offenders, criminals beyond belief, and the cost of a single beverage / sandwich / gum (if you can find it).

Salute the nation