• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Strength and Conditioning Coach Gone

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Is this the first coach to not come back/be retained this year? In any event, Steelers strength and conditioning coach Marcel Pastoor will not be back with the team. In a post on linked in, he makes it seem as if he's leaving to spend more time with his family after 23 years with the Steelers. I wonder though if the seemingly yearly rash of soft tissue injures the Steelers have been having for the last 4-5 years (at least) has something to do with his not being back.
I would provide a link, but you know. Rules.

Last edited:
Is this the first coach to not come back/be retained this year? In any event, Steelers strength and conditioning coach Marcel Pastoor will not be back with the team. In a post on linked in, he makes it seem as if he's leaving to spend more time with his family after 23 years with the Steelers. I wonder though if the seemingly yearly rash of soft tissue injures the Steelers have been having for the last 4-5 years (at least) has something to do with his not being back.
Asst OL coach went to a college somewhere.
Agree on the rash of Steeler injuries. I’ve been saying for years they should hire Deebo for that job.

I thought it was garrett, bit apparently he got promoted to senior conditioning coach... i mssed that

Agree on the rash of Steeler injuries. I’ve been saying for years they should hire Deebo for that job.
These candy ***** couldn't handle Deebo's workouts. Even if he trimmed down the expectations. lol

These candy ***** couldn't handle Deebo's workouts. Even if he trimmed down the expectations. lol

No ****, Even DEBO’s vacation workouts would be to much.!!!

Salute the nation

LOL, Deebo might infuse an improved attitude into the whole team, coaching staff included. Not to mention a new outlook on strength and conditioning.
PS: can you say room changer?

Salute! the Man...

That guy had been around forever. In his early years, you would see him at camp or helping with pregame warmups and not know who he was. Obviously over time that became more apparent. Very nice career and hopefully he can enjoy his time away from the grind of the NFL.

Instead of soft tissue injuries, you would have a rash of cracked skulls and concussions.

Or guys ending up on IR from working out. :LOL:
135 is my warm-up on bench press.

Sign me up. I’ll have this team living under a squat rack.

As for James Harrison his workouts are just simple powerlifting and bodybuilding lifts. Nothing fancy. He’ll use weird looking bars once in awhile to work on stabilizing muscles or push past plateaus.

A lot of sports coaches seem to shy away from that method of training now. I honestly prefer it.

check out the Home page..

Man left a nice parting note for the organization and fans on his way out the door.