• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Subjective stats---------- Myles Garrett Wins PFWA DPOY Award

They need to decide if they are going to include subjective stats and cast shadow of most awards ever given or stick with reality.

Last edited:
PFF is basically mainstream Fake news media, The facts don't matter, the statistics are irrelevant. and if you are a straight white male you will never be celebrated for any of your accomplishments.

I believe in forgiveness, but the image of that giant man swinging a deadly weapon (helmet) should never be forgotten... It feels to me like some agenda driven culture is trying to force everyone to forget it by propping him up with bogus stats. How many organizations have multiple winners of DPOY like Pitt? Has Clevelend ever had one? I sense an agenda, I'm just not sure what that agenda is.

Reporter: Coach Tomlin, what's your opinion on PFF's pass rush metrics?

Tomlin: I don't do hypotheticals.
So Garrett has a better pass rush win rate. This implies that he beats his man more than Watt, yet produces less. With more opportunities, shouldn't he also have better production or does this mean that he is worse at finishing plays? This is a serious question and one I've seen many ask PFF and they do not acknowledge it at all.

422288250_7196346883736847_1874799871868456299_n.jpg

PFF is basically mainstream Fake news media, The facts don't matter, the statistics are irrelevant. and if you are a straight white male you will never be celebrated for any of your accomplishments.

Explains a lot, is Collinsworth a straight white male———————- he is making a bundle off this bull-****.

Never have much cared for him when he was playing or after either.

Salute the nation

I believe in forgiveness, but the image of that giant man swinging a deadly weapon (helmet) should never be forgotten... It feels to me like some agenda driven culture is trying to force everyone to forget it by propping him up with bogus stats. How many organizations have multiple winners of DPOY like Pitt? Has Clevelend ever had one? I sense an agenda, I'm just not sure what that agenda is.

I think this is the first for Cleveland in this award.

Also, Peter King has been a driving force for Myles garret, which makes this even more irrelevant.

Salute the nation

I've basically given up hope for TJ getting the award this year. Since the beginning of the year, national media, PFF etc have been pimping Garrett for this award. Watt's only chance was to break his season sack record and possibly score another touchdown or two with strip sacks created by him.

Next year is Micah Parson's turn when the volume will be turned up by the media and PFF will suddenly post a new stat like fastest defensive player into the line of scrimmage creating offensive line turmoil but ignoring his ultimate impact or result of the play.

Last edited: