• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Supreme Court Upholds Trump's Travel Ban

It's pretty scary that this wa a 5-4 decision. It proves that the libs on the court have now completely abandoned the law and Constitution and are ruling purely on agenda.

The President clearly has this power. It's not even vague. The only way it could have been struck down would be if it did ban all muslims. That would have brought the first amendment into play. But they re-wrote the order so the basis was country of origin not religion. And the list of countires were not randomly chosen. They are countries identified by the UN as not having the infrastructure to complete a background check.

To rule against this ban is to willfully ignore the law and to play ignorant to the actual reason why the countries were chosen. muslim nations that have their **** together and can verify the identities of travelers from their country are NOT on the list. Only those being selectively ignorant will make the case that the basis is religion.

I expect ignorance from the media, but it's damn scary to come from the supreme court.

And what is conveniently forgotten is that Venezuela and North Korea are also on the list. Not sure, but I don't think there are many Muslims in either place.

That whip-smart American politician Keith Ellison has a studied take on the situation -

Can always count on Ellison for great quotes. What kind of fool votes for that clown?

http://freebeacon.com/politics/ellison-explodes-travel-ban-decision-gorsuch-paymasters-sent/

What do you expect him to say? One, he's a Democrat. Two, he's a Muslim. There isn't much he could say about this whole thing that would surprise me, unless he came out and said it was good policy. That would surprise me.

Headline News! Trump wins again!

hahahahahaha, Dem dummies got played

There Is No Immigration Crisis

Are Democrats walking into a trap on immigration? Three of America’s most astute and iconoclastic political commentators—David Frum, Andrew Sullivan, and Fareed Zakaria—all immigrants themselves, fear the answer is yes.

In recent days, each has made a version of the same argument. Yes, they acknowledge, President Trump’s policy of separating families at America’s southwestern border was monstrous. Democrats were right to protest it. But now, by opposing even the detention of families, Democrats are overreaching.

By rejecting the harsh but necessary steps required to end America’s illegal immigration crisis, they’re becoming—or at least looking like—advocates of open borders. And when that happens, Trump wins,

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/06/democrats-immigration-not-a-crisis/563855/

Victory lap

McConnell: Blocking Garland Was 'Most Consequential Decision I Ever Made'

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell took a victory lap during a Politco Playbook interview on Wednesday, calling his decision to block President Barack Obama from filling the vacant Supreme Court seat during his tenure as the “single most consequential decision I ever made.”

“I felt very confident that if the shoe was on the other foot, a Democratic Senate would not have confirmed a Republican president’s nominee during an election,” he said. “I was confident that the complaints would be rank hypocrisy knowing full well that they would do the same thing in the middle of an election.”

McConnell touted getting Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch on the bench, along with his record rate of getting circuit judges appointed, as one of his most significant accomplishments in the time of Trump.

Overall, he said that this has been “the best year and a half” for those wanting America taken in a “right of center” direction.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mcconnell-gloats-over-blocking-garland

Victory lap

McConnell: Blocking Garland Was 'Most Consequential Decision I Ever Made'

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell took a victory lap during a Politco Playbook interview on Wednesday, calling his decision to block President Barack Obama from filling the vacant Supreme Court seat during his tenure as the “single most consequential decision I ever made.”

“I felt very confident that if the shoe was on the other foot, a Democratic Senate would not have confirmed a Republican president’s nominee during an election,” he said. “I was confident that the complaints would be rank hypocrisy knowing full well that they would do the same thing in the middle of an election.”

McConnell touted getting Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch on the bench, along with his record rate of getting circuit judges appointed, as one of his most significant accomplishments in the time of Trump.

Overall, he said that this has been “the best year and a half” for those wanting America taken in a “right of center” direction.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mcconnell-gloats-over-blocking-garland

If only he had gotten his fellow GOPe idiots to completely repeal Obamacare they would have straight A's. ******* McCain...

Breaking News: Kennedy is retiring! Too soon for the story... Trump will get to replace him and most likely the buzzard too! MAGA!