• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

"Take the guns first....."

yeah, that won't happen

If lethal threats have been made, aren't they doing that now. I recently heard they prevented another school shooting when they
found two students with 25 guns. I am assuming they took the guns, trial will follow.

Sorry, that isn't how this works, even if the person is crazy. I am disappointed to hear this kind of talk from the president. Start doing that ****, and it creates an incredibly slippery slope. SMDH.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second

And this further shows what a complete babbling idiot he is. Doesn't know anything, doesn't stand for anything, doesn't care about anything, but staying around long enough to pardon some people while hopefully staying out of prison himself and line his pockets with taxpayer money while the getting is good.

What does it say about the morons that voted for him?

2020!

Patently bad idea which he's walking back today.

Many ideas, some good & some not so good, emerged from our bipartisan meeting on school safety yesterday at the White House. Background Checks a big part of conversation. Gun free zones are proven targets of killers. After many years, a Bill should emerge. Respect 2nd Amendment!

If lethal threats have been made, aren't they doing that now. I recently heard they prevented another school shooting when they
found two students with 25 guns. I am assuming they took the guns, trial will follow.

That isn't what the article says. It says persons who have been "deemed to be dangerous." Who gets to decide that? Our government? Pass. Pretty soon, police start getting calls about the weird guy across the street. He isn't doing anything wrong or illegal, but something just ain't right about him. He does weird **** late at night blah blah. Get enough calls, well, that guy is probably dangerous. Next thing ya know law enforcement swoops in and takes his guns because he is weird. I know the government worshippers on the left would find no fault in it, but that isn't how the system works. Due process FIRST. It is the law.

I say we reduce magazine capacity 1st. And second if these people are so unstable why are they walking around in society. I think a big part of the problem is they these people with mental disorders are just given meds and sent home. Where they may or may not be taking their drugs.

That isn't what the article says. It says persons who have been "deemed to be dangerous." Who gets to decide that? Our government? Pass. Pretty soon, police start getting calls about the weird guy across the street. He isn't doing anything wrong or illegal, but something just ain't right about him. He does weird **** late at night blah blah. Get enough calls, well, that guy is probably dangerous. Next thing ya know law enforcement swoops in and takes his guns because he is weird. I know the government worshippers on the left would find no fault in it, but that isn't how the system works. Due process FIRST. It is the law.

Same thing with the idea of forbidding guns to those on the No-Fly list. It is called Due Process. There is a far cry from taking guns from someone who is threatening people to taking it from someone because they are weird.

Yeah, I'm a supporter of his, but this is EXTREMELY troubling to hear any leader state we should maybe confiscate BEFORE due process. Pence even tried to bail him out, and he doubled down. WTF!

If Obama had uttered that phrase, the Secret Service would have had it hands full dealing with the reactions on this board.

If Obama had uttered that phrase, the Secret Service would have had it hands full dealing with the reactions on this board.

I have to admit, I agree with you there. This should scare any American, regardless of the party of the president who said it.

I can't disagree with that. If memory serves that was a reason NOT to vote for Hillary.

Same thing with the idea of forbidding guns to those on the No-Fly list. It is called Due Process. There is a far cry from taking guns from someone who is threatening people to taking it from someone because they are weird.

My point is that it creates a slippery slope, and no telling where it ends. If Dianne Feinstein is excited about your proposal, you're doing it wrong.

I will say that no one was thinking deeply enough to bring up rewriting the HIPAA laws in order to do that.

i bet the NRA just gained another 500,000 members

I'm not one to defend Trump, but for due process to take place someone has to be charged with a crime. Not every crime should lead to
a confiscation of a persons guns, but certain crimes should. He wasn't saying that if someone thinks someone is dangerous or weird they
should have their guns taken away, he is saying if you are charged with a certain crime, it should be a consequence.

I'm not one to defend Trump, but for due process to take place someone has to be charged with a crime. Not every crime should lead to
a confiscation of a persons guns, but certain crimes should. He wasn't saying that if someone thinks someone is dangerous or weird they
should have their guns taken away, he is saying if you are charged with a certain crime, it should be a consequence.

Does anyone know how it works with child custody? I’m thinking they can take a person’s kids away (at least temporarily) without due process. No?

Does anyone know how it works with child custody? I’m thinking they can take a person’s kids away (at least temporarily) without due process. No?

yes, they can.
gubmint employee comes out to determine the state of the home and welfare of child. if employee determines child is in danger, employee may make recommendations for change and revisit. I don't know that the child can be taken on first visit, as I've never heard of that. I've seen the other (gubmit makes recommendation) in various stories about a child winding up dead/injured after gubmint game out and did their determination.

fact is, gubmint employees aren't going to want to take someone's guns. they'll see that as highly dangerous. sheriff deputies will be tasked with that, and i don't think they'll give "recommendations" for improvement and revisit the case.

Did you even read the article? Donald Trump says, and I quote, “I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

Now perhaps I am misinterpreting what you are saying. But I am not seeing this as a consequence of certain crimes. I see it as pre-emptive confiscation.

Oh ******* please. And this president can take this idea and shove it up his *** without due process. Just right on up.

Did you even read the article? Donald Trump says, and I quote, “I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

Now perhaps I am misinterpreting what you are saying. But I am not seeing this as a consequence of certain crimes. I see it as pre-emptive confiscation.

All of you combat veterens can kiss your weapons goodbye. Hell any gun hating cupcake could call in on anyone.If people don't think this will get expanded in they're nuts. Just let the lefties get in power again. They will be confiscating for all kinds of stuff and the person will have to go fight in a court of law to get their rights back. This is just not going to happen.

I say we reduce magazine capacity 1st. And second if these people are so unstable why are they walking around in society. I think a big part of the problem is they these people with mental disorders are just given meds and sent home. Where they may or may not be taking their drugs.

Magazine capacity? You have hundreds of millions in circulation. What happens to those? What's the limit? A revolver has 6 shots. Better ban speed loaders as well. I'd say tape would need to be regulated for those who just tape magazines together. Who do we deem unstable?Who makes that decision? Will the person be afforded their own lawyer if they can't pay one to fight for their rights? What about those who are non violent with mental illness. Say some obsessive compulsive guy.

The problem is society,not the rifle. It is not getting any better either. We're just a power grid away from absolute chaos.

Magazine capacity? You have hundreds of millions in circulation. What happens to those?

The problem is society,not the rifle. It is not getting any better either. We're just a power grid away from absolute chaos.

Dilly Dilly S4E.....

o6UZPjd.jpg
XIogd47.jpg

God-and-Guns.jpg