• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Talking politics with people I know

I don't engage friends or family of the other persuasion very often. They have to be proven to be very open mined for me to talk much about specific candidates with someone who is a liberal. I might try to slip every day policy flaws in here and there. It makes my position fairly apparent.

The fact that we cannot openly, and honestly, discuss our problems, without heads exploding, is a serious problem in our society. I'm not sure how we are going to solve this.

For the most part I don't engage Libs on Facebook. There is no point because I'm right but they're too dumb or stubborn to realize it.

I say narrow minded zealotry too.....

l6faYEr.jpg

giphy.gif

zGunzO3.jpg

Absolutely yes. If it was Romney instead of Trump vs Hillary there is no chance in hell that she wins. I would have voted for him too and I have never voted for a Republican. I'm still fairly young but I'm open to whatever I feel is best for me personally AND best for the country. Gotta make some compromises. However, I don't think electing another elitist will do anything to help. This election I voted "none of these candidates" I'm in Nevada. I believe we're the only state that has this option. I would have liked the write in but oh well.

I'm on the fence that if it were Romney or any other Republican they would easily beat the Hildebeest. Cant see Romney or any other Rep generating nearly as much enthusiasm and excitement as Trump has...nor would they have generated the largest primary turnout since the 80's.

I married a Massachusetts Democratic Uber-Liberal and we simply cannot have political discussions so I don't even attempt. I've actually switched from Republican to Independent this year. Outside of the political differences, everything else is fine though so it's a little weird. Anyhow, her whole family and close friends are all far left on every single agenda you could imagine. I have no doubt if the Dems told them to burn their own houses down and live in a tent they would think that is what they should do without question. They are that far gone. I'm from western PA and the whole idea of hunting is so foreign to her circle of friends. We've had loud discussions on why we hunt and what we do with the venison and rabbit and she calls my family savages for trapping and shooting defenseless animals....all the while eating her steak and chicken at the dinner table.

Also...I can't compare to anything to the pictures I've seen in this thread to what I see local. It's all Hillary signs everywhere The guy who said Massachusetts people are leaving the state to escape the taxes for New Hampshire is 100% correct...the funny thing is they have almost turned NH completely blue now with their voting and will be in the same mess shortly.

I married a Massachusetts Democratic Uber-Liberal and we simply cannot have political discussions so I don't even attempt. I've actually switched from Republican to Independent this year. Outside of the political differences, everything else is fine though so it's a little weird. Anyhow, her whole family and close friends are all far left on every single agenda you could imagine. I have no doubt if the Dems told them to burn their own houses down and live in a tent they would think that is what they should do without question. They are that far gone. I'm from western PA and the whole idea of hunting is so foreign to her circle of friends. We've had loud discussions on why we hunt and what we do with the venison and rabbit and she calls my family savages for trapping and shooting defenseless animals....all the while eating her steak and chicken at the dinner table.

Also...I can't compare to anything to the pictures I've seen in this thread to what I see local. It's all Hillary signs everywhere The guy who said Massachusetts people are leaving the state to escape the taxes for New Hampshire is 100% correct...the funny thing is they have almost turned NH completely blue now with their voting and will be in the same mess shortly.

That's funny. Liberals relocate because they can't afford the taxes, and then they vote for higher taxes.

I believe this is the most accurate. I do have a feeling that my home state of PA will go red this year. My home county of Washington which religiously pulls the blue lever is going Trump. Almost everywher in Allegheney County where I live, Trump signs out number Clinton signs almost 5-2.

I don't mind having factual political discussions but there are too many whackjobs on facebook who immediately go personal attack. It's usually not even people I know well, it's that weird great aunt or some random person from high school or my brother's mother in law... have no desire to engage in raging political arguments with these people, I don't really care what they think. Therefore I tend to just ignore a lot of it. I used to occasionally politely correct blatant falsehoods with facts until I realized that even that usually just falls on deaf ears and ends in insults.

I believe this is the most accurate. I do have a feeling that my home state of PA will go red this year. My home county of Washington which religiously pulls the blue lever is going Trump. Almost everywher in Allegheney County where I live, Trump signs out number Clinton signs almost 5-2.

It's all about Philadelphia...the rest of the state doesn't matter in PA. Watch and see.

Feel for you man. I don't know what I'd do.
I'm lucky. Grew up in a democrat family. Most all decedents of Eastern Europeans became democrat. Growing up you hated Republicans because that's what you're supposed to do...without reason.

I wised up later in life. So did my family, including both my loving parents. My dad is dead, and I assure he is one dead person that wont be voting democrat. God bless his soul.

It's all about Philadelphia...the rest of the state doesn't matter in PA. Watch and see.

They say that might not be the case this year, that all the increased voters in the rest of the state could finally offset communist Philly.

I wish I could share the same enthusiasm but Washington County went red for Romney. Its all about Philly.

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/results/president/pennsylvania/

That was me. I used to work for a high tech company in NH. Been there a few times on business, and on vacations. The escape from Taxassachusetts to NH has made the state blue.

From what I've seen on Facebook, both sides look pretty crazy to me.

Final battleground state polls average from Real Clear Politics:

Florida 46.4 46.6 Trump +0.2
Ohio 42.3 45.8 Trump +3.5
Pennsylvania 46.2 44.3 Clinton +1.9
Michigan 45.4 42.0 Clinton +3.4
New Hampshire 43.3 42.7 Clinton +0.6
North Carolina 45.5 46.5 Trump +1.0
Nevada 45.0 45.8 Trump +0.8

Oh, how I'd love to see Pennsylvania go Red. 1.9% is within the margin of error. If Trump wins FLA, OH, and PA BOOM, he wins this election.

Oh, how I'd love to see Pennsylvania go Red. 1.9% is within the margin of error. If Trump wins FLA, OH, and PA BOOM, he wins this election.

Don't get your hopes up....a ton of dead voters in the Philly area are going Hillary. I have no expectation Trump will win but should be an entertaining evening. IF by some chance Trump pulls a miracle I'm switching over to MSNBC to watch everyone's head asplode.

Don't get your hopes up....a ton of dead voters in the Philly area are going Hillary. I have no expectation Trump will win but should be an entertaining evening. IF by some chance Trump pulls a miracle I'm switching over to MSNBC to watch everyone's head asplode.

I'll DVR both CNN and MSNBC if Trump is the projected winner. Not expecting it to happen.