• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Teams Calling Steelers about Chase Claypool?

Claypool is playing more like Limas Sweed and less like Calvin Johnson…. He needs to get his head together and focus before he wastes his physical talent
Huh?? Comparing Claypool to Sweed? Better check your tap water, might have more than just Fluoride in it.

Huh?? Comparing Claypool to Sweed? Better check your tap water, might have more than just Fluoride in it.
He stated Claypool is playing MORE like Sweed THAN Calvin Johnson. I can easily agree with that statement.

He stated Claypool is playing MORE like Sweed THAN Calvin Johnson. I can easily agree with that statement.
How? Sweed had 7 catches, under 80 yards and no TDs in his career. Claypool has had 120+ catches, just over 1400 yards and 11 TDsss,st

How? Sweed had 7 catches, under 80 yards and no TDs in his career. Claypool has had 120+ catches, just over 1400 yards and 11 TDsss,st
Lol. Ike,it borders on the ridiculous. Chase Claypool is 23 years old. He is young. Has he had his moments? Yes. He has been inconsistent. He has also had flashes of greatness. He has had many contested catches. Seems like he has replaced Bud as the new guy people love to critique nonstop. Cooper Kupp is 28 years old. I am not saying Chase is Cooper. 23 years old. Let’s give him a little more of a chance before we drive him out of town while calling him “soft” from the lazy boy chair. Even ,perhaps an offense that calls for plus more than 3 yards down the field.

Claypool has a LONG LONG LONG way to go before I even remotely think of Calvin Johnson when someone brings up Claypool's name. So in my spectrum, I gravitate toward Limas before Johnson when speaking of Claypool.

Limas<<Claypool<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Johnson

Lol. Ike,it borders on the ridiculous. Chase Claypool is 23 years old. He is young. Has he had his moments? Yes. He has been inconsistent. He has also had flashes of greatness. He has had many contested catches. Seems like he has replaced Bud as the new guy people love to critique nonstop. Cooper Kupp is 28 years old. I am not saying Chase is Cooper. 23 years old. Let’s give him a little more of a chance before we drive him out of town while calling him “soft” from the lazy boy chair. Even ,perhaps an offense that calls for plus more than 3 yards down the field.
You're right. I am guilty of criticizing him. I think it is more just worn out with some of these young, clueless guys. But he does deserve a chance to see if he can turn it around.

You're right. I am guilty of criticizing him. I think it is more just worn out with some of these young, clueless guys. But he does deserve a chance to see if he can turn it around.
Diver,believe me I get what you’re saying. I think the 3-4 year is pivotal when you are in this league,especially when you are drafted and starting at 21 years old. We all know that maturity is a little different,especially in males. You get all that fame and fortune thrown at you....I think the concentration goes a touch,and that you learn to be a professional in the 3rd year. This is where great influences from the locker room and coaching come into play.

****,my sons at 23,who are driven and intelligent you had to still yell at them 10 times before they would get going to do things before 12 noon. We forget that these football players are human just like us.

Diver,believe me I get what you’re saying. I think the 3-4 year is pivotal when you are in this league,especially when you are drafted and starting at 21 years old. We all know that maturity is a little different,especially in males. You get all that fame and fortune thrown at you....I think the concentration goes a touch,and that you learn to be a professional in the 3rd year. This is where great influences from the locker room and coaching come into play.

****,my sons at 23,who are driven and intelligent you had to still yell at them 10 times before they would get going to do things before 12 noon. We forget that these football players are human just like us.
Damn, so I am expecting too much when I tell my 18 year old to get his head out of his ***. I have quite a few more years of it, huh?

Claypool has a LONG LONG LONG way to go before I even remotely think of Calvin Johnson when someone brings up Claypool's name. So in my spectrum, I gravitate toward Limas before Johnson when speaking of Claypool.

Limas<<Claypool<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Johnson
Oh I agree Claypool has a long way to go to come close to the career Megatron had. But to say he’s closer to Sweed isn‘t reality. CJ’s in his first two years had these stats: 156 catches, approx 2100 yards and 17 TDs. Again, I am nowhere saying Claypool will a have career that CJ had, but based on production who is he closer with?

Oh I agree Claypool has a long way to go to come close to the career Megatron had. But to say he’s closer to Sweed isn‘t reality. CJ’s in his first two years had these stats: 156 catches, approx 2100 yards and 17 TDs. Again, I am nowhere saying Claypool will a have career that CJ had, but based on production who is he closer with?
I think his TD dip in production had people throwing out everything and the kitchen sink as far as his evals- critiques. But his yardage tally was very similar. Ben and Canada probably did him no favors. I don't think it was all on him. I fully expect him to bunker down this off-season to improve. A change up at WR coach could kickstart it as well.

He also played hurt quite a bit this year. He missed the Packers game with a hamstring, dealt with turf toe since week 10, abs a rib injury that had him in and out of games a few times.

I thought there was a marked improvement after the outrage of the first down signal. I was one who was bent out of shape at him. But I don’t want to give up on him after two years. I say give the kid a shot to show he’s growing. Year 3 should be a big statement on where his heads at. He didn’t just get it from us, the old guard made their voices heard as well.

Dont let facts get in the way of the narrative that Claypool is worthless…. I mean the guy underachieved as a sophomore player… that has to mean he is a total bust…

Remember that if a guy isn’t a pro bowl star by year 1 he is worthless lol

Dont let facts get in the way of the narrative that Claypool is worthless…. I mean the guy underachieved as a sophomore player… that has to mean he is a total bust…

Remember that if a guy isn’t a pro bowl star by year 1 he is worthless lol
I mean Bush and Claypool should both be rightfully under the microscope. But yeah two early to stamp a label on the envelope. Although in Bush's instance I would have that envelope out and pen in hand. A short leash on that dog.

Maybe new receiver coach will help… when youre getting called out by joe Greene about shacking your arse like a girl, in WPA you get with the program or you get down the road… they need to decide quickly and commit to him or move him they should be giving him a 150 targets not 5-10 180 johnson but usually there is a reason a Norte Dame player 6-4 225 4.3 is going in 2nd rd. Remember the Clemson comet??

I think I would get rid of him. It isn't a talent issue. He's got million dollar talent. But it's the 10 cent head.

My point is the Steelers (if you still can today) have to begin to develop a team of tough, hardnosed players who love football, even if they aren't the most physically gifted. Get back to that. Once that is established again, then maybe take a chance on highly highly talented but immature. With that kind of team surrounding him, the immature nonsense maybe doesn't fester through the team as much.
here's a real good look at the yester-year's player's attitude. Today's game has lost alot as it has become all about the "brand" by posting on the "Gram" - that's only one reason why i think losing JuJu and even trading Claypool is an addition by subtraction.