• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ten Reasons Left-Wingers Cut Trump Voters from Their Lives

The company in public schools is trash.

I was a public school teacher for 18 years. I saw it first hand, in the meetings, trainings, publications, union meetings, etc. The liberal left - far left - has taken over. I have heard that we as teachers were supposed to teach kids that they just have to wait until they move out to get out from the closed minded hate that their parents espouse, and have heard a teacher say this to a kid. I have heard of the oppression of Christianity, and the virtues of Islam and Hinduism, but saw humanism modeled mostly. I have heard of the virtues of gay folk, but the evilness of white males. Do I have to go on? It's openly taught in the schools.

I was a fool to put them there. It's my biggest regret as a dad.

Get your kids out of public schools.

to the contrary, it also depends on which private school your kid attends. some are ultra hard leaning left.

I was a public school teacher for 18 years. I saw it first hand, in the meetings, trainings, publications, union meetings, etc. The liberal left - far left - has taken over. I have heard that we as teachers were supposed to teach kids that they just have to wait until they move out to get out from the closed minded hate that their parents espouse, and have heard a teacher say this to a kid. I have heard of the oppression of Christianity, and the virtues of Islam and Hinduism, but saw humanism modeled mostly. I have heard of the virtues of gay folk, but the evilness of white males. Do I have to go on? It's openly taught in the schools.

not everyone can afford an alternative...in fact, most can't. And while we could, we chose public schools as our local school system is very strong. Both my kids are out now and doing fine in college. You know who sat down with my kids and talked about things like moral issues? Me. It isn't the school system's job to teach this type of morality or be involved in social engineering.

not everyone can afford an alternative...in fact, most can't. And while we could, we chose public schools as our local school system is very strong. Both my kids are out now and doing fine in college. You know who sat down with my kids and talked about things like moral issues? Me. It isn't the school system's job to teach this type of morality or be involved in social engineering.

This is to you and Supe -

You can choose your private school based on political leanings or not. Some have scholarships. Also, home schooling is a VERY quickly growing alternative, with HUGE networks in many areas.

Or, you turn your kids over to the libs for 40+ hours a week. You choose. In retrospect, I would have made EVERY sacrifice to keep my kids out of the Bernie Training Camp that they went to. You get one shot with your kids. Choose wisely.

Also, I spoke with my kids endlessly. I gave them chances, opportunity, involvement, etc. But, the reality is that public schools ARE teaching morality. It's just left leaning humanism. The idea that there is a "no morality" or "no religious" alternative is not reality.

Also, home schooling is a VERY quickly growing alternative, with HUGE networks in many areas. Or, you turn your kids over to the libs for 40+ hours a week. You choose.

Libs don't trust the basket of deplorables with such an important choice. Decisions as to whether or not a child survives gestation and what school he or she attends should be left to the all-knowing state, you know, the same ******* people that can't count 175,000 votes. Libs already tried this approach in California.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/ca-legislators-had-plans-quash-home-schools-hank-berrien

Believe me, they are not done with this effort. Home schooling is on the way out so that lefties can make sure their concen... ehh, "education" camps reign supreme.

Totally depends on where the public school is located. Mine is a rural Ohio school where at least 50% of the staff are conservative. And the 50% who are Democrats don't give a **** about Trump either way. They are Dems because they feel like they are supposed to be or they just prefer certain policies. Not a single one of them is full of rage or nuts about politics. Makes for a great work environment. But I guess schools in coal country are different than a lot of places.

Totally depends on where the public school is located. Mine is a rural Ohio school where at least 50% of the staff are conservative. And the 50% who are Democrats don't give a **** about Trump either way. They are Dems because they feel like they are supposed to be. But I guess schools in coal country are different than a lot of places.

Maybe. I live in dark red Wyoming. My last school was VERY liberal. The whole district is. I was not liked from the get go, and I often wonder why I was hired.

Maybe. I live in dark red Wyoming. My last school was VERY liberal. The whole district is. I was not liked from the get go, and I often wonder why I was hired.

Even at teacher conferences with teachers from all of this area, the 50/50 split seems to apply. Too many families with coal miners in them to be nutty level Liberals probably.

This is to you and Supe -

You can choose your private school based on political leanings or not. Some have scholarships. Also, home schooling is a VERY quickly growing alternative, with HUGE networks in many areas.

Or, you turn your kids over to the libs for 40+ hours a week. You choose. In retrospect, I would have made EVERY sacrifice to keep my kids out of the Bernie Training Camp that they went to. You get one shot with your kids. Choose wisely.

Also, I spoke with my kids endlessly. I gave them chances, opportunity, involvement, etc. But, the reality is that public schools ARE teaching morality. It's just left leaning humanism. The idea that there is a "no morality" or "no religious" alternative is not reality.

You situation is anecdotal as is mine. I did not have near the experience you did but I am also in a fairly conservative area. Hell, our school system has a sex education class, however, all parents are invited to a meeting at the school to review what the class will entail, what will be discussed and how, and they have the right to opt their kid out of the class.

Anyway, my point is that a childs education is the responsibility of the parent first and foremost. On moral issues such as the one you bring up, the schools have no right to teach it (in my opinion). That is my job. Teachers that think otherwise should be canned. ****, my brother is a teacher and as hard of a liberal as you will meet. He teaches biology, not politics. He would be the first to tell you that his political leanings have no place in his classroom.