• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Thank God the Republicans are making a big deal out of the Keystone Pipeline vote

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
That press conference was awesome.

Oh..my bad. Just a dream...

Refresh my memory: I thought that after the 'nuclear option', only a simple majority of 51 was required to pass a bill in the Senate? Why did they need 60?

Refresh my memory: I thought that after the 'nuclear option', only a simple majority of 51 was required to pass a bill in the Senate? Why did they need 60?
Don't know the rules around that. Something relating to Constitutional matters. Just know that the democrats are way better at manipulating that **** than weak *** repubs.

Well, so much for Mary Landrieu's "clout." But, this isn't over.
The Reps need to shout from the rooftops that the price of gas will be cut in half if the pipeline is built.

The Reps need to shout from the rooftops that the price of gas will be cut in half if the pipeline is built.

Yeah but what about the Midwest Prarie Dog habitat?!?! Think of the Prarie Dogs!

Does this mean that the Dems are the party of "NO", now?

Press will eat them alive for that...j/k.

Yeah but what about the Midwest Prarie Dog habitat?!?! Think of the Prarie Dogs!
Do it from the parking lot of the next NAACP convention surrounded by a bunch of Escalades rolling on 24's. The brothers don't know what a prarie dog is, let alone care, plus they vote multiple times. ;)

They needed 60 to override BHO's veto. They got 59 but not enough to veto proof the bill.

BTW I'd rather the new senate override him anyway. They'll make a big deal out of it in Jan. when they take over.

I'd like to see it built. But I don't think it will come close to cutting the price of gas in half. No link to back that up, but I'd wager on it.

I'd like to see it built. But I don't think it will come close to cutting the price of gas in half. No link to back that up, but I'd wager on it.

No less accurate a prediction than that you could keep your doctor and your health insurance will go down by 25%.
(Truth is that was a setup and I was waiting for 21 to chime in because I had that answer ready.)

No less accurate a prediction than that you could keep your doctor and your health insurance will go down by 25%.
(Truth is that was a setup and I was waiting for 21 to chime in because I had that answer ready.)

Sorry for stepping into your libtard trap.

Sorry for stepping into your libtard trap.
No biggie, it happens. I think 21's mom only lets him use the 'puter a couple days a week.