• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The 3 Kneels downs & FG...Was it the best strategy? And...Am I the only one who saw this?

The Ravens has always been one of the best teams at striping the ball away, and that's for surely what they were going to plan on doing. It was actually the smartest thing to do since we were already in field goal range and Warren has been fumbling alil bit lately. thats why I'm glad fans will never be put into a coaches position to second guess every decision made. Especially ones that work out in wins.

Last edited:
He had a fumble in the texans game and another that was overturned in the same game
Ahhh gotcha'...the ole fumble that doesn't show on the stat sheet. Either way, 2 yard Naj. would of gotten the ball

Ahhh gotcha'...the ole fumble that doesn't show on the stat sheet. Either way, 2 yard Naj. would of gotten the ball
Ya know, up until Sunday, Najee was averaging like 4.3 ypc and Warren was averaging under 3.5.
At present, Najee is averaging 3.9 ypc ... Warren has to be better right? I mean, he does all that hurdling and stuff, and he's more explosive than Najee (I'll get to that in a second). Warren is averaging 3.6 ypc. OH, about those explosive plays. Najee has 3 runs of 20+ yards on the season. Warren has zero, nada, zilch.
Warren is a good little 3rd down back. He catches the ball well. And, if we assume that Najee is not a bellcow back, then the Steelers just don't have one.

Ya know, up until Sunday, Najee was averaging like 4.3 ypc...
At present, Najee is averaging 3.9 ypc ...Najee is not a bell cow back....
I edited it for you...

Through 39 games Najee is now right at his career mark of 3.9 YPC

I edited it for you...

Through 39 games Najee is now right at his career mark of 3.9 YPC
And Warren is doing no better. The "explosive" back has less explosive runs than the plodder.

The two points is legit.
You are up 4…. Scoring a single point still means they need a td to take the lead, and tgey can win with a td and missed xp… two field goals also win it… if you score a field goal they tie it with a td plus xp
Going up 5 nothing changes except if you score a fg they need a 2pt conversion… its still a one score game

Going up six means tgey need a td and xp to win
Two field goals just ties
If you score a field goal, the game becomes a two score game…

That is basic late game football chart stuff….
Ahh.... ok. So in the end we didn't get the 2 pts.....so we were up by 7 and not 8. In the end I still don't agree with it. Guess that is why I am not a HC.🤪

Ahh.... ok. So in the end we didn't get the 2 pts.....so we were up by 7 and not 8. In the end I still don't agree with it. Guess that is why I am not a HC.🤪
Yeah you have to factor in time left, how the teams D and O have looked, what the advantages are if you make it and what the disadvantages are if you don’t. …
In our case, you can’t really plan for that fluke field goal… the five point lead was meaningless compared to the six, especially with how our d was playing compared to the O…