• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Biden economy: Gov't workers doing great. You and me? Not so much

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
To nobody's surprise - well, Floggy, 21 and Tibby, I guess - non-governmental median income declined by 2.9% in 2021 during Sloppy Joe's first year as President, during what he claimed is a "booming" economy.

No worries, however, for taxpayer-soaking grifters, I mean Federal employees. Their wages did not decline and the average income for Federal employees is now $94,000. Yipee!! Being government pays really well.

One way of looking at the latest data is that the 4.7% average pay increase shows that the last year has been a good one for federal employees as far as average pay is concerned.

The reality is that in other years the actual annual pay raise has increased more than the announced pay raise. For example, from 2013 – 2021, the pay raises granted each year amounted to 13.1%. The actual pay of federal employees went up 18.1%. In Washington, the actual pay increase was 21% during the same time period.

Over a longer time period, the average federal employee salary has increased from $84,913 for full-time permanent employees at the end of September 2017 to the more up-to-date salary of $93,075 at the end of the 2021 fiscal year—an increase of 9.61% over five years.

So stop working in private industry and actually producing things consumers need! Join the Federal gravy train and shuffle meaningless forms and endless paper for no real reason and earn a ton of money in the process! And the benefits? Hoo-boy, gravy train with potatoes on the side, brother! Much, much, much, much, MUCH higher payout than the joke known as Social Bankrupt Security! Medical care for life!

I learned that a while ago. I used to own two franchises of a national service-type company in western PA and weathered two recessions. One thing I learned is that the rest of us might be living on mac ‘n cheese but the franchises in the DC suburbs were still racking up sales awards.