• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The cost of illegals in the USA. $70 billion a year.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
We currently have a national debt of $18 trillion, on which we have to pay interest. We also spend, as a country,$600 billion more than we earn through tax revenue, which is the only way our country generates income.

According to a detailed analysis by the Heritage Foundation, each illegal immigrant costs our country $24,000 a year. But, on average, each pays $10,000 in taxes,soit’s reasonable to say that each illegal really adds $14,000 a year to our country’s debt burden.

Now multiply that $14,000 by the 5 million illegal immigrants we might grant amnesty, and we’re out a mere $70 billion. That’s billion, with a B.

Moving along, let’s recall that the average full-time worker in this country earns about $50,000 a year and pays 25 percent—$12,500— in income taxes.

So how many new jobs do we need to create to offset the $70 billion we’ll have to pay if the president grants amnesty to 5 million illegal immigrants?

Divide 70 billion by 12,500 and you get… 5.6 million new full-time jobs.

Now ask yourself… Is this possible?

The answer, sadly, is no. It’s just not possible.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/11/13/cannot-afford-amnesty-for-illegal-immigrants.html

^^^Suppose each state got back a portion of 70 billion dollars, and used the funds for infrastructure ( which creates Jobs ), pay down their debt, or whatever.....In an open vote among USA citizens, who would be for paying this much for illegals? That should be the debate.

You want to pay for illegals, donate money for them! My state and nation have greater needs for those who are here legally.

I may be wrong, but I do not believe $50 grand is a 25% tax bracket.

But you aren't paying 25% on the whole $50k. You have standard deductions, etc. which bring your taxable income down. In addition, you pay less than 25% up to a certain amount, then 25% on the next tier.

I'm surprised the average salary is as high as $50k.

How does an illegal making $24k paying $10k in taxes? Aren't most paid under the table on which no FICA or income tax is withheld? That would leave only state and local taxes. I suppose, if they are using fake ID's so they "look" official, they may be getting paychecks with FICA and income taxes withheld without ever being able to claim refunds or benefits?

How does an illegal making $24k paying $10k in taxes? Aren't most paid under the table on which no FICA or income tax is withheld?

Yep.

Additionally, as of 2010, illegals were estimated to cost $113 billion per year, which was viewed as being a dramatic under-estimate, while paying an estimated $14 billion per year in taxes. In other words, a "loss" of $99 billion per year.

This report estimates the annual costs of illegal immigration at the federal, state and local level to be about $113 billion; nearly $29 billion at the federal level and $84 billion at the state and local level.

http://www.fairus.org/publications/the-fiscal-burden-of-illegal-immigration-on-u-s-taxpayers

Since 2010, the costs for food, housing, education, incarceration, medical care, etc. have increased significantly. I mean, real costs remained steady during the Obama economy, but the money spent on gubmint payments always increases, greater than the rate of inflation.

In short, I am saying that the annual actual cost of illegals is probably closer to $120 billion, and not $70 billion.

How does an illegal making $24k paying $10k in taxes? Aren't most paid under the table on which no FICA or income tax is withheld? That would leave only state and local taxes. I suppose, if they are using fake ID's so they "look" official, they may be getting paychecks with FICA and income taxes withheld without ever being able to claim refunds or benefits?

I gave my SS number to 27 illegals so they are paying into my account. At this rate I'll make more on SS than I do working. I'm just gonna declare myself to be Greek.

Yep.

Additionally, as of 2010, illegals were estimated to cost $113 billion per year, which was viewed as being a dramatic under-estimate, while paying an estimated $14 billion per year in taxes. In other words, a "loss" of $99 billion per year.

This report estimates the annual costs of illegal immigration at the federal, state and local level to be about $113 billion; nearly $29 billion at the federal level and $84 billion at the state and local level.

http://www.fairus.org/publications/the-fiscal-burden-of-illegal-immigration-on-u-s-taxpayers

Since 2010, the costs for food, housing, education, incarceration, medical care, etc. have increased significantly. I mean, real costs remained steady during the Obama economy, but the money spent on gubmint payments always increases, greater than the rate of inflation.

In short, I am saying that the annual actual cost of illegals is probably closer to $120 billion, and not $70 billion.

Wow, 99 billion a year. Way too much.

So are you saying that we should legalize them so they can pay their fair share of taxes or keep providing them tax amnesty by keeping them illegal.

So are you saying that we should legalize them so they can pay their fair share of taxes or keep providing them tax amnesty by keeping them illegal.

deportation works for me.

and, of course, **** Americans.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...y-jobs-internships-will-go-to-illegal-aliens/

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel: City Jobs, Internships Will Go to Illegal Aliens

illegalaliens.jpg

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced this week that city jobs and internships will now go to illegal aliens.
Breitbart.com reported:

In a recent proclamation, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced that he intends to give city jobs and internships to so-called “DREAMers,” youngsters in the country illegally.

In the announcement, Emanuel proudly stated that “for the first time” Chicago is “opening up nearly 23,000 City-funded internship, volunteer, and job opportunities for undocumented students, or ‘DREAMers.’”

“DREAMers and DACA recipients are assets that we need to nurture and develop like precious natural resources for the benefit of the entire community,” Congressman Luis V. Gutiérrez (D-IL) says in the announcement. “They are an integral part of Chicago’s workforce of tomorrow. Once again, the City of Chicago and Mayor Rahm Emanuel are leading the way on the inclusion of our immigrant communities.”

The announcement goes on to lament the “barriers” that illegal alien teens find to gaining city jobs:

In December 2012, the Chicago New Americans Plan highlighted barriers that DREAMer students faced, including language barriers and information gaps about the opportunities available to them. These impediments have in the past served as an obstacle for these students and their families, in some cases preventing them from accessing critical enrichment programs.

It seems that one “barrier” was not taken notice of – that these students are not citizens and not legally eligible for such opportunities.