• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The reason the reccesion is coming

Trump was reducing legal immigration as well. Not all baby boomers worked skilled jobs and not all immigrants come across southern border. We send many foreigners home who graduate from our colleges. Currently US has 11.5 mil job openings and under 6 mil unemployed and looking for work. When employers have to raise wages to attract workers, they in turn raise their prices.
Reducing yes not stopping just vetting qualifications better. As does much of the world if they are smart. It is Congress not Trump that can truly fix the system and make it easier and safer to come into the Country legally if you qualify but they shirk their legislative duties in favor of just fighting with each other rather than doing their damn jobs.

Trump was reducing legal immigration as well. Not all baby boomers worked skilled jobs and not all immigrants come across southern border. We send many foreigners home who graduate from our colleges. Currently US has 11.5 mil job openings and under 6 mil unemployed and looking for work. When employers have to raise wages to attract workers, they in turn raise their prices.
So, are you saying that you're a proponent of illegal immigration? Yes or no.

How many of the 1.2 million that crossed into our country from Mexico so far this year meet the qualifications to fill the 11.5 million jobs that you claim are available?

Immigration should be based on merit first, and political persecution (if verified) second. Economic refugees should get in line with everyone else.

The Dow Jones just dropped 880 points. I never saw a drop like this. Like I said inflation is costing families 4,000-5,000 more a year. Most of them can afford this. Hard cuts will need to be made. I predict a default crisis.

Biden is trying to blame Putin. He is getting desperate, as he has little to due with the skyrocketing costs of goods. Speaking of the border Drugs are causing great damage to this country. If we put the military there, and let no illegals cross ( they can apply like everyone else ) people just might stop coming in droves.

Yes. Illegal immigration was the reason why:

Every restaurant I went to was a hr plus wait and the establishment was empty

Chain and sm biz have hours of service a fraction of what normally they would.

Healthcare is dying bc of no staff

“Apparently” no one working to unload ships

Manufacturing plants (name the type) shuttered and goods and services are hard to come by.

Yes. Yes. All because we didn’t let a bunch of ******* drug dealers, criminals, uneducated folks across is why.

Ducking ****.

Yes. Illegal immigration was the reason why:

Every restaurant I went to was a hr plus wait and the establishment was empty

Chain and sm biz have hours of service a fraction of what normally they would.

Healthcare is dying bc of no staff

“Apparently” no one working to unload ships

Manufacturing plants (name the type) shuttered and goods and services are hard to come by.

Yes. Yes. All because we didn’t let a bunch of ******* drug dealers, criminals, uneducated folks across is why.

Ducking ****.

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I'm against illegal immigration, but Trump cut legal immigration in half. Restaurants couldn't find wait staff because many didn't think the covid risk was worth it. My brother owns a restaurant, he has had to wait tables himself at times.

Some of you are proving my point that the US needs more workers by giving examples of industries that can"t find workers.

Some of you are proving my point that the US needs more workers by giving examples of industries that can"t find workers.
The establishments I mention were not previously covered by illegal immigrants.

I'm against illegal immigration, but Trump cut legal immigration in half. Restaurants couldn't find wait staff because many didn't think the covid risk was worth it. My brother owns a restaurant, he has had to wait tables himself at times.
So, immigrants are good when they are basically a new class of indentured servants?

And BTW, that's not why businesses can't find workers.

So, your brother hires illegal immigrants?

So, immigrants are good when they are basically a new class of indentured servants?

And BTW, that's not why businesses can't find workers.

They are better for the USA when they can be used to compete with China / world trade market on jobs Americans don't want, but need. Real cheap labor, a 2nd class citizens when the aren't any currently. That's some status. There better off than they are in their own country is my reasoning. They get no votes or representation though. But we say how many, screen them ( employer pays for it or at least some of it, and it capped at X amount ) and so on.