• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The illegal votes issue.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
The illegal votes issue.

Do I think there are 2-3 million illegal votes cast? NO.

Are there fraudulent votes? Yes, they are some. Trump's real goal here is not to find them all but to expose some examples that lead to voting laws such as dead people, and people who have moved out of the state being removed from the eligibility list. Both will help to eliminate fraud.

Trump might ask for a law that requires voter ID for federal elections. Then perhaps an increased bill passed with teeth to it for anyone committing voter fraud that includes prison. I'm for both.

My guess is maybe a quarter of a percent of all votes that counted were illegally in one way or another. Certainly plausible, right? Now extrapolate this to a large population and you can get say 40,000 or more illegally cast votes in a large state. Enough to swing a state or even federal election? Yeah.

I'd bet there were at least a million though.

I'd bet there were at least a million though.

A little over 123 million people votes, so 1 million would be a little less than 1%.

But such an investigation can and will SHOCK People and change public opinion on how to better the voting process by limiting fraud.

I think that you can't quantify this in any measurable way. I also think that you are underestimating the impact and depth of willful voter fraud.

Bitching about a National ID in my opinion is dumb, more positives than negatives.

Most people already have a State drivers license. Everyone should already have a Social Security card.

Easy to implement, issued at birth, updated with a drivers endorsement, updated at 18 when registered for Selective Service (Men & Women), updated if discharged Veteran (good or bad), updated at retirement. You have 1 drivers test for ALL, 1 drivers database, Voters ID, Veteran ID, retirement ID.

Oh please... both sides. Heat to no extent... two st Louis politicians once sued each other over one paying more then the"agreed" price for votes... you wanna fix it everyone gets registered and every persons vite isn't anonymous

I don't think 3 million illegal votes is that hard to believe. I would bet California alone had a **** ton.

I wonder how many fraudulent votes Trump got? Oh wait, doesn't he gain votes when recounts are performed?
Hmmmmm, voter fraud sounds like a purely Democratic phenomenon. Maybe that is why they are fighting voter ID lAWS.

I know I read some stuff regarding the post-election recount efforts that took place in some Michigan/Detroit precincts that indicated more votes had been counted than were actually cast. Whether or not that was complete BS, I really have no idea. If true, most of those votes would have likely been counted for the Democratic party candidate.

I know I read some stuff regarding the post-election recount efforts that took place in some Michigan/Detroit precincts that indicated more votes had been counted than were actually cast. Whether or not that was complete BS, I really have no idea. If true, most of those votes would have likely been counted for the Democratic party candidate.

In Ohio in 2008 Obama had 104 % turn out in one precinct. So there is data out there.

And I leave the following grains of salt:

Mr. Richman NOT Dr. Richman
Blog NOT published research
Based on polling
Extrapolated

Right, polling is not empirical evidence. However, polling has a confidence level based on the number of people surveyed, and must be plus-or-minus 3% confidence to qualify as a scientific poll.

If the guy polled 1,200 illegals, and found that 6.4% admitted to voting, that is evidence that a reasonably significant number of illegals voted in the election. Further, border patrol agents and ICE agents have stated that they routinely find voter cards on illegals.

It is simply preposterous to say that votes from illegal aliens is a non-factor. The number of votes appears to be in the hundreds of thousands, and approaching a million, based on the survey.

Add in the "dead voters" and how many votes are we talking about?

Yep, more than the 35,000 I keep bringing up.

In Ohio in 2008 Obama had 104 % turn out in one precinct. So there is data out there.

Not to defend voter fraud but in a precinct with a college that is possible.
So hard to truly Quantify the problem with our archaic voting system. Everyone who is a citizen should get a free Votercard with picture and some other biometrics. There should be a national voter ID check system that is live networked and separate from the actual voting system to allow any to vote anywhere using that ID but it would not allow you to vote a second time anywhere else. If I can go to lunch pay with my debit card and get a call ten minutes later from wife wanting to now why i ate out we define toy have the Tech to do this. I would be willing to pay for this with taxpayer dollars.

uh-oh

Trump argument bolstered: Clinton received 800,000 votes from noncitizens, study finds

Hillary Clinton garnered more than 800,000 votes from noncitizens on Nov. 8, an approximation far short of President Trump’s estimate of up to 5 million illegal voters but supportive of his charges of fraud.

Political scientist Jesse Richman of Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, has worked with colleagues to produce groundbreaking research on noncitizen voting, and this week he posted a blog in response to Mr. Trump’s assertion.

Based on national polling by a consortium of universities, a report by Mr. Richman said 6.4 percent of the estimated 20 million adult noncitizens in the U.S. voted in November. He extrapolated that that percentage would have added 834,381 net votes for Mrs. Clinton, who received about 2.8 million more votes than Mr. Trump.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/hillary-clinton-received-800000-votes-from-nonciti/

Right, polling is not empirical evidence. However, polling has a confidence level based on the number of people surveyed, and must be plus-or-minus 3% confidence to qualify as a scientific poll.

If the guy polled 1,200 illegals, and found that 6.4% admitted to voting, that is evidence that a reasonably significant number of illegals voted in the election. Further, border patrol agents and ICE agents have stated that they routinely find voter cards on illegals.

It is simply preposterous to say that votes from illegal aliens is a non-factor. The number of votes appears to be in the hundreds of thousands, and approaching a million, based on the survey.

Add in the "dead voters" and how many votes are we talking about?

Yep, more than the 35,000 I keep bringing up.

Polling also relies on honesty. I have more of an issue with extrapolating and what variables were or were not controlled and what assumptions were made.

Whether illegals are a factor depends on your definition of "factor". Unless your'e saying Clinton should have won the election, illegals voting in this past presidential election were a non-factor. Far more likely to be a factor in local elections.

Another thing to consider is that any illegal who votes is seriously compromising the likelihood they someday get naturalized.

Last edited:
Polling also relies on honesty. I have more of an issue with extrapolating and what variables were or were not controlled and what assumptions were made.

Whether illegals are a factor depends on your definition of "factor". Unless your'e saying Clinton should have won the election, illegals voting in this past presidential election were a non-factor. Far more likely to be a factor in local elections.

Another thing to consider is that any illegal who votes is seriously compromising the likelihood they someday get naturalized.

Translation: You want Democrats to be able to continue to cheat. You realize that voter ID laws will make it even harder for your side to win elections because your side depends on fraud and illegal votes for a certain % of ballots.

You can't name a single, valid reason why a voter ID requirement should not be in place (considering "disenfranchised voters" seem to be able to get a thousand other IDs easily).

So, as you do with every single solitary post discussing voter fraud:

126e6bfc413f1f2be2a1d6b60a3a37c1.jpg

Translation: You want Democrats to be able to continue to cheat. You realize that voter ID laws will make it even harder for your side to win elections because your side depends on fraud and illegal votes for a certain % of ballots.

You can't name a single, valid reason why a voter ID requirement should not be in place (considering "disenfranchised voters" seem to be able to get a thousand other IDs easily).

So, as you do with every single solitary post discussing voter fraud:

126e6bfc413f1f2be2a1d6b60a3a37c1.jpg

Ha! Tim Strawman

Ha! Tim Strawman

It's simply mind boggling to me why anyone would object to voters needing IDs. Gun laws? I get the opposition. Abortion? I get the arguments on both sides. Environmental issues, national defense, gay issues - I see both sides of the argument.

I cannot rationalize one argument put forward for wanting to prevent the requirement of an ID in order to vote.

The pervasive argument is that it disenfranchises voters and that's the most bullshit argument in any political disagreement ever. These disenfranchised voters can get plenty of IDs in the other facets of their lives. They could get a voter ID just as easily. The argument is invalid.

Those suggesting voters shouldn't need an ID want or need the votes from illegals and the dead to try to sway elections in their favor. It's right up there with redistricting to ensure votes end up a certain way. That's it.

Last edited: