• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

"The IRS will use the $$ to go after millionaires!" Shocking - they lied

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Remember when we were told that the new 87,000 IRS agents - not new border patrol because the border is "secure" - were needed to go after "millionaires and billionaires"? Wow, shocked to learn that is a detestable lie.

On Wednesday, Syracuse University's Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC) released data provided to it by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on audits performed by the agency in fiscal year 2022. Despite the infusion of new funding earmarked for the IRS via last year's Inflation Reduction Act, the agency continued historic trends of hassling primarily low-income taxpayers, with relatively few millionaires and billionaires getting caught up in the audit sweep.

"The taxpayer class with unbelievably high audit rates—five and a half times virtually everyone else—were low-income wage-earners taking the earned income tax credit," reported TRAC, noting that the poorest taxpayers are "easy marks in an era when IRS increasingly relies upon correspondence audits yet doesn't have the resources to assist taxpayers or answer their questions."

In fact, "if one ignores the fiction of auditing a millionaire through simply sending a letter through the mail, the odds that millionaires received a regular audit by a revenue agent (1.1%) was actually less than the audit rate of the targeted lowest income wage-earners whose audit rate was 1.27 percent!"

Wait, what? The government lied to us?? Noooooo!!!!!

Remember when we were told that the new 87,000 IRS agents - not new border patrol because the border is "secure" - were needed to go after "millionaires and billionaires"? Wow, shocked to learn that is a detestable lie.

Wait, what? The government lied to us?? Noooooo!!!!!

No way. Day dun said dey wuz gunna git all doze greedy rich folk.

Bunch of suckers. They dangle the bait, then hit them over the head after they vote...over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
And yet they still somehow believe the demonrats are for the little guy. Yeah they're for you staying right under their thumbs.
Gullible fools.

psssst. Here's a secret. They detest you.

FLICK the IRS
i had a 401k disbursement because the company I worked for was bought and sold. So the new company was closing the account. I could have rolled it over - and should have - but took the payment. IRS took their share, too. Game over, right? nah. just begun. Apparently taking that payout pushed me into another income bracket where i should have paid even more to the IRS. So they wanted to do an audit. Finally settled for another $2k.
FLICK the IRS

You vill live in ze pod, eet ze boogs, own nussing und be happy.

Modern leftists are too lazy and ignorant to realize that in fact the Third Reich was in many, many ways their dream society:
  • The government is the most important thing in the life of every citizen. Check.
  • Housing is provided in large, government-built and financed public housing. Check.
  • Religion is unimportant to the society. Check.
  • The state can spy on its "enemies." Check.
  • The state can punish its "enemies." Check.
  • The citizens work to enrich society (i.e., government) not themselves. Check.
  • Citizens are disposable for the needs of society (i.e., the government). Check.
  • Good citizens report insurrectionist behavior by other citizens, i.e., the bad citizens. Double check.
  • Government-provided public transportation means that privately-owned transportation is unnecessary. Check.
  • This ideology needs to be put in place, by force if necessary. Check.

Sounds like communist China. .