• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The official thread dedicated to "Biden saving us"

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Time to start a fencing business. Or a Security system business. Or a gun and ammo store. Or create a one-stop shop for all three.

7c7bvo.jpg

Last edited:

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of white flight,,,,

Bongino's rant last night included the strong suggestion to, as he put it, "get the out of Blue states while you can"....

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Joe, if you move to terminate Social Security you better have a good answer to the Ponzi Scheme charges after you defrauded MILLIONS of Americans of BILLIONS if not trillions of dollars.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

The Covid President. Without covid coming in an election year, no state election laws get subverted and Trump easily wins reelection. We used to have election day,now it's a ******* election month filled with nefarious procedures to gain advantage.

81 million votes. Only Fetterman who has the mental acuity of a slug is worse.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

xjx

Reaction score
If you have good credit you get to pay an equity fee.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
My lord. This administration

The U.S. military is tracking a mysterious balloon that flew over American soil, but it’s not clear what it is or whom it belongs to, according to three U.S. officials.

The object flew across portions of Hawaii but did not go over any sensitive areas, the officials said.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
My lord. This administration

The U.S. military is tracking a mysterious balloon that flew over American soil, but it’s not clear what it is or whom it belongs to, according to three U.S. officials.

The object flew across portions of Hawaii but did not go over any sensitive areas, the officials said.

Until we start shooting these things down over US airspace this will continue. What a bunch of ******* we have running this country.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
so glad the adults are back so they can get our priorities in order.

behold, drooling minions, behold.

Water-Wasting Dishwashers in Crosshairs as Biden Eyes Efficiency

• Proposed standards to pare water use, emissions, utility bills
  • Trump-era rule for fast-category models already rolled back
The Biden administration is advancing stricter efficiency requirements for household dishwashers that promise to pare water and greenhouse gas emissions as well as utility bills, years after former President Donald Trump exempted speed-cleaning models.

Under the Energy Department’s proposed standard, conventional household dishwashers made in or imported into the US as soon as 2027 would have to use 27% less power and 34% less water — no more than 3.3 gallons during their normal, default cycles. Compact models would see a 22% and 11% reduction in power and water use, respectively. The requirements would not apply to other dishwasher cycles, including those with faster run times.

The dishwasher measure, advanced alongside requirements for electric motors and beverage vending machines, comes as the performance of gas stoves, washing machines and other household appliances draws scrutiny. And while the proposed dishwasher requirements promise to save consumers money over their lifetimes — roughly $168 million per year according to the Energy Department’s estimate — there could be higher initial costs, as manufacturers design new models to comply.

Federal regulators are under a congressional mandate to regularly review efficiency standards, though appliance makers have lobbied to end the process, arguing many products already operate at peak efficiency and more stringent requirements are likely to increase costs without a meaningful cut in energy bills.

The Energy Department estimated consumers would pay an extra $15 for a new standard-sized dishwasher, but could take in potentially three times that in reduced operating costs over the device’s lifetime. The agency also forecast proposed dishwasher requirements would yield $3 billion in utility bill savings over three decades of shipments, reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 12.5 million metric tons and save 240 billion gallons of water, which the agency said is equivalent to 360,000 Olympic-sized pools. Some dishwashers currently for sale already would comply with the requirements, proposed under new Energy Department testing protocols meant to ensure cleaning performance still meets consumers’ expectations.

The Biden administration already rolled back a Trump-era dishwasher rule that created a new category of fast models — those whose default settings completed washing and drying cycles within an hour — not subject to water and energy conservation requirements.

While in the White House, Trump derided efficiency requirements for a range of household appliances, arguing they meant new toilets, shower heads and dishwashers didn’t work well, forcing consumers to flush more, rinse more and wash more. Trump even boasted during his reelection campaign that he’d “freed” up dishwashers from mandates he said prompted people to “run them 10 times” in a quest for clean cutlery.

To contact the reporter on this story:
Jennifer A. Dlouhy in Washington at jdlouhy1@bloomberg.net
To contact the editors responsible for this story:
Simon Casey at scasey4@bloomberg.net
Sophie Caronello
© 2023 Bloomberg L.P. All rights reserved. Used with permission.