• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The promised big change has arrived!!

I agree with the Bears and Raiders. Jets have a much better defense than us.

Agree. Was just meaning how dysfunctional those organizations have been for years while we’ve been so consistently stable. We aren’t just having some “bad/down years”. We’ve lost our identity and direction from leadership. Going on 7 years without a playoff win?! Not since before Mean Joe and Noll has that happened. We are getting a pass from media on past accomplishments and a coach who could sell a ketchup popsicle to someone wearing white gloves. I’ve said it before on this forum. Watch The Program and Halle Berry’s character chastise Omar Epps for using big words trying to sound smart. That’s Shades to a “T”, and I don’t mean looks 😉. I’m so tired of his word salads and the media just eat it up and talk about how incredible he is.

Mike Tomlin has zero clue in how to fix this football team. ZERO!
This guy is sooo far behind what the NFL is today it’s not even funny. He thinks by putting on the pads and getting physical is the answer and it was in the 70’s and 80’s and 90’s but not today Mikey T, not today.
This game has evolved into a pin ball game scoring as many points as you can with high octane offenses. You put your money in the offense now and you try and play with young, fast and cheaper defensive players ala KC.
Tomlin thinks you control the clock with s bruising running game and a great defense. What he doesn’t realize is that form of football is from yesteryear.
He doesn't think that...He thinks WE think that and that we will love that. He will do whatever it takes to butter up Steeler Nation because the other option is fixing the team and he is clueless in that aspect. Trip a player on a return like Cowher when he almost punched a returner: ✔️ Give an injury report and use terms to describe injuries like Cowher used to like " Ben has a knee. Troy has an elbow: ✔️
There are other things he used to do to mimic Cowher years ago, but I can't remember them at the moment. Thing is dude is in a job he shouldn't be in collecting big money. If you think what I'm saying is "out there" just think about this: Have you heard any player on this team vent ANY frustration at all about the current team situation? Of course not...Mikey has his buttering up approach concerning players and coaches down to a science at this point. The players LOVE him because no matter what happens no one is held accountable, players or coaches.

And the sports media trapped in their P.C. towers will NEVER criticize the emperor with no clothes. Doesn't matter how bad he stinks it up they will chant " It's Canada!" and all the fan lemmings, social media clickbait lemmings, and casual lemmings lap it up and repeat it. " No losing seasons! Yay!"

Last edited:
Mike Tomlin has zero clue in how to fix this football team. ZERO!
This guy is sooo far behind what the NFL is today it’s not even funny. He thinks by putting on the pads and getting physical is the answer and it was in the 70’s and 80’s and 90’s but not today Mikey T, not today.
This game has evolved into a pin ball game scoring as many points as you can with high octane offenses. You put your money in the offense now and you try and play with young, fast and cheaper defensive players ala KC.
Tomlin thinks you control the clock with s bruising running game and a great defense. What he doesn’t realize is that form of football is from yesteryear.

I agree with you 1000% but I’ve been thinking even before I read your post. The NFL is cyclical and right now everyone has gone to the small and fast quick game like *’s did with the midget wr’s, chefs, dolphins, etc. so why not go big and smack people around old school. Problem is Mike and CanaDUH just don’t know what they’re doing. I would eat up power football again if you could get even remotely competent people to run it. That doesn’t exist here. But again, your view was spot on too.