• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

**** the Republicans

I can't figure out why this health bill couldn't be done. I saw one rep. congressman this morning calling it a food fight. And that's what it is. Personally I didn't like te bill. It didn't go fat enough. Now they need to sit down and come to an agreement as to what is best for this country. Get r done.

Lynn, as it sounds to me from several of your posts across the board you are not exactly flush with cash. Working hard, trying to get by. I'm very curious to what you would consider to be good Healthcare legislation?

Getting rid of the mandate. Don't make the consumer pay for adult he/she won't/doesn't need. I don't need maternity care, but it's part of what I pay for. Men certainly don't need it (if they are single and it's just them on the plan). Lower deductibles. Get big pharmacy out of the picture to make meds more affordable (yeah right). The problem is that insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, and politicians are greedy and don't give a **** about us little people. I don't think I will see that changing in my lifetime.

No I'm sorry Lynn you will not see that. Big companies are not in the business of being nice to people. Either you can afford their market or you have a skill where your employer will pay that market for you. Without everyone footing the bill and spreading it out, I guess you live without health care insurance

Embarrassing or not, there is no sense passing a bad bill. I am glad it didn't go through. The pre-exisitng conditions portion was enough to not vote in favor of that ****, and there were plenty of other reasons. Repeal and replace is great, but somewhere in there, there should be a goal of making things better.

I did not think the bill was that great honestly. It seemed rushed which is sad since republicans have had a long time to come up with something. Trump should have just scrapped or and said we will work on something else.

After 8 years of Republican obstruction do you seriously believe the Democrats would play nice. He has the majority and couldn't get his own people on side. Then blames Democrats. Boy that makes sense.
If the Republicans controlled congress for 8 years then Obummer care would never have passed

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I can't figure out why this health bill couldn't be done. I saw one rep. congressman this morning calling it a food fight. And that's what it is. Personally I didn't like te bill. It didn't go fat enough. Now they need to sit down and come to an agreement as to what is best for this country. Get r done.

Remember the GOP House passed about seven bills in the past few years when they knew Bomma would veto them but now that it's time to put up or shut up they turn into ******* cowards. This is why Trump.

No biggie. Come primary election time in two years we can vote a lot of them out.

They are not going anywhere. They will roll right on through the election. They will say "I've changed, trust me" and the morons in this country will give them another shot, and ***** because nothing changes.

Lynn, as it sounds to me from several of your posts across the board you are not exactly flush with cash. Working hard, trying to get by. I'm very curious to what you would consider to be good Healthcare legislation?

How about the system that was in place before Obamacare.

Last edited:
The problem has always been and will always be congress. They are just too in debt to special interests and their own re-election cycle.

Without term limits, nothing will get better. I don't know how half of them sleep at night honestly..... they sell out their voters for money for their re-election cycles and think nothing of it. I don't think there is a backbone in the whole congress that isn't up for sale.

I'm okay with the outcome for strategic reasons. Obamacare sucks. It's a hot potato and the Democrats own it. Had Trump and the Republicans changed it, I guarantee you the press would look for the smaller percentage of those adversely affected and cry foul. Then the libs would take their cue and take to social media. For once the libs would have something real to complain about.

Replacing Obamacare is a 2nd term type of thing when you are not up for re-election.

In the meantime, there is work to be done for Trump on Jobs, ISIS, the Wall, the Supreme court. These are very important issues! I give Trump an A+ on these effrots.