• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Steelers fans "travel well"

I flew in and out Sunday for the game. The bulk of my flights were Raider fans traveling to the game and back. Given the cost buying season tix, I think a lot of home fans sell select games each year to help subsidize the rest of their season tickets. This would be a game where they could sell for top dollar and make some money.

There's a lot of so-called Raiders fans who don't actually follow them. I know a guy who wears Raiders gear every day. I asked him yesterday if he watched the game last night. He looked at me as if he didn't know there was a game.
It's probably because the Raider thing looks cool to them.
Here in Cleveland I'd see younger people in Raider gear. Black and white SOX baseball caps hats are popular, Lakers, and NY Yankees gear too.

I used to tell people here you won't see that s h i t in Pittsburgh. You're either in Steelers, Penguins, or Pirates gear.
In that order lol.

Didn't realize the Raiders had such a poor fan following.

Been to Vegas a couple of times.
Been to Oakland a bunch of times...the Oakland district in Pittsburgh that is lol. Gives you that big city atmosphere with all the hustle bustle people, students, museums, Pitt..
True story
When I was kid growing up in highland park/east liberty neighborhoods..
I thought the Raiders really were from Oakland area of Pittsburgh lol..

My grandparents, mom, dad, aunt, uncle all born and raised in Pittsburgh. Mom and dad went to Westinghouse High School, and after the military, dad graduated from Duquesne. After college, like a LOT of Pittsburgh residents, he worked for Gulf Oil.

When dad was at Duquesne in the late 1940's, Art Rooney used to come to the campus and give away Steelers tickets, trying to get some fannies in the seats. My dad literally turned down tickets from Art Rooney once. He explained that the Steelers were terrible and he had a lot of studying to do. :D
My dad went to Westinghouse High School. Small world.

Old school Pittsburgh City League guys!
I love it!
My Dad and me are Peabody alums!

The House and The Body used to play some very physical games back in the day!
WPIAL boys couldn't hang in those games lol...:)

STEELER fans will never die..
JUST multiply!

That’s a good thing and we recruit outside the pool.

browns and bungles and ravens seem to “hit” the family pool, thus all the inbred MFers.

Salute the nation