• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Steelers Have Been Missing A Certain Something Since 2018 And There's No Telling When It Will Be Back

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
It has been almost a half decade since the Pittsburgh Steelers offense was feared by the majority of the NFL. Since 2019, the organization has had a subpar offense and consistently fallen in the bottom of the league in major statistical categories. Back in 2018, Pittsburgh's offense, led by future Hall of Fame quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, was first in completions and red zone touchdown percentage, along with ranking fourth in total yards and sixth in points. Offensive Coordinator at the time, Randy Fichtner, took a lot of heat, but the unit was efficient.

READ MORE

Got to believe that having more beef up front with allow Kenny more time and the receivers to get open, as well as giving Najee holes to hit and not being greeted 4 yards behind the LOS.

But I do think they get better in spite of Canaduh, rather than because of him.

Until it happens, no one will fear the STEELERS.

Addressing the trenches, will show just how important weapons over trench really is……….

Salute the nation

No one fears a team that is committed to mediocrity, and that's what the owner embraces.
I totally reject that idea. I don't think for second anyone associated with this team is committed to mediocrity. I think we were stuck in certain ways of doing things and trying too hard to find the prospect no one else would find and it bit us in the ***. I think they all just needed to get on the same page and set a philosophy and totally buy into it. I think we see that focus with Omar in charge now.

I totally reject that idea. I don't think for second anyone associated with this team is committed to mediocrity. I think we were stuck in certain ways of doing things and trying too hard to find the prospect no one else would find and it bit us in the ***. I think they all just needed to get on the same page and set a philosophy and totally buy into it. I think we see that focus with Omar in charge now.
We'll see how "in charge" Omar is when it comes to dealing with mediocre coaching - and the one ultimately "in charge" is is Art II.

It has been almost a half decade since the Pittsburgh Steelers offense was feared by the majority of the NFL. Since 2019, the organization has had a subpar offense and consistently fallen in the bottom of the league in major statistical categories. Back in 2018, Pittsburgh's offense, led by future Hall of Fame quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, was first in completions and red zone touchdown percentage, along with ranking fourth in total yards and sixth in points. Offensive Coordinator at the time, Randy Fichtner, took a lot of heat, but the unit was efficient.

READ MORE
Agreed......Until the playoffs came along.

Colbert acted like Mr. Know it all. Khan acts like...let's get what we need and PLAY BALL.
I'm hoping for positive results from our new lb coach too.

100%

Omar sat them down early, way early before FA periods opened. He aske C ouch Tomlin what kind of players he wanted, everything. EVERYONE was there from scouts to main FRONT OFFICE, including Rooney on part of it.

He got everyone onto the SAME page, he said it in his interview(s).

Salute the nation

Agreed......Until the playoffs came along.

YEP, some how, some way…… Coach Tomlin found a way to shoot himself in the foot. EVERY excuse in the book was used….. from players hurt to suspending the BEST wide receiver in the NFL (justifiably).

Salute the nation

They went soft and got away from what has always won them championships. I see potentially a change back to a very familiar identity we all know and love.

Now is the perfect time to bring it back.

Most certainly went soft. The “HARD” players retired, TomBert & Co. Kept bringing in ******* or projects, which ever you want to call them.

AND

NO trench workers………….

This years class & FA acquisitions seem to be a little more “TOUGH” and p[hysical, so maybe we can get to a portion of STEELERS football.

Salute the nation

They went soft and got away from what has always won them championships. I see potentially a change back to a very familiar identity we all know and love.

Now is the perfect time to bring it back.
Nothing wrong with punching teams in the mouth every week

Would be nice to see more physical play both sides of the ball and consistent ball movement on offense.

Would be nice to see more physical play both sides of the ball and consistent ball movement on offense.
That's my hope, pound the ball down the field, use up clock, score, even if it only results in 3 and keep the opponents D on the field for a long time.
The video game offense of the other team may score quickly, but will put their defense quickly back on the field and eventually wear them down.

We have to be able to score as well. We can control the clock, especially in the TOP category.

FGs vs TDs don’t work.

I think our being able to run will effectively open up the passing as well. All that combined will make TDS easier and less resorting to FGs.

NOW the big question is “the O’Canada” factor, has he advanced ? It appeared that he wasn’t included much in the FA or draft process nearly as much as one would expect. Also, can he call plays that are not ”telegraphed” to the extent of the opposing “D” being right more often than not.

My biggest concern is O’Canada and I feel justified in my FEARS, but I don’t live in them.

Salute the nation