• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The youth today...

Surely parents shouldn't just enroll kids in one of these schools (or any school, for that matter) without doing their due diligence and vetting them properly. Quite important, I may add, is that parents/grandparents should participate in the faith community (read: attend services) at the church associated with that school. What better way to gauge the religious community as a whole? And not being Catholic myself I can't speak to that community of churches/schools and their history of sexual abuse; but I will say this: that church/religion is deeply entrenched in politics, more so than probably any other faith. Just look at the current Pelosi Communion controversy.

And I should've included home schooling in parental options, for sure. The fact remains that there are better options than public schools.
You can do all of the due diligence that you want, you'll never know about the dark waters until you're involved and then, it's too late. All major religions are deeply entrenched in politics. Hell, I was a Methodist until they allowed openly gay Pastors and Bishops. I don't have anything again someone's sexual preferences, but it's hypocritical when preaching to me about sin and following Jesus IMO.

I was UMC for a few years back. The splinter amongst Methodist churches all over the world should give pause to every denomination. The United Methodist Church adopted so many of the liberal views that has split other denominations in the past, like Episcopalian (just look up the declining membership numbers for that church). The Global Methodist Church is now the new, more conservative church that strives to keep SJ as and end instead of the means. And that is the extent of involvement that any church should have with politics. Social issues should take a back seat to proclaiming the Gospel. A genuine church will in turn serve the community as a whole in applying what is taught in so much of the NT. And repentence of ALL sin should NEVER be left out.