• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

They just don't get it

Onefor, I disagree. Rubio or Cruz would be (I amuse myself) Cruzified right now.

Hillary is a soul-less ***** capable of destroying anyone in her path. She hasn't campaigned so much as defamed. Again, I wish to be clear. I don't like Trump. I think he sucks. But Hillary Clinton is absolutely the worst possible choice this country could possibly make.

As for large components of the Republican party turning their backs on their nominated candidate, the fact is, the Republican Party is a ******* front. Trump ISN'T their candidate. That's the whole problem. They don't want to win this election, that's why they keep rolling out weak-*** lame-duck candidates that don't have a prayer in hell. They haven't tried to win for 12 ******* years. But then Trump comes along and suddenly he's gaining all this support among Americans who are so disenfranchised with the American "political" system that the parties are seeing for the first time in decades how ******* disillusioned the voters are with all the bullshit the major parties are trying to constantly shove down our throats.

This false 2-party system that really is a glorified aristocracy ruled by an elite class of congressmen and woman as well as senators (lowercase intended) elected due to their ridiculous campaign budgets given to them by corporate interests. The "checks and balances" that were originally written into our Constitution to avoid any one branch gaining too much power has devolved into a quagmire of ineptitude. Now NOTHING can be accomplished unless the senate and house wish it. And the only thing the senate and house wish is to increase their own salaries and benefit packages, reduce taxes on large corporations, allow outsourcing of jobs and technologies and increase word-trade agreements. This stimulates the stock market which further increases the financial holdings of the wealthy.

Nothing the senate or house does is designed to benefit folks who make 40k to 60k a year. They could give a ****. All they want is your annual taxes and your monthly minimum credit card payments and your standard health-care premium payment for every person in the country. If you can't pay it individually, then the premiums are balanced across the board so it is ensured that EVERYONE'S premium is covered and we all get ****** healthcare. But just so you know, you STILL have a really big ******* deductible.

What's Trump going to change? Honestly? Nothing. He can't because the checks and balances will utterly hamstring him. The house and senate won't work with him when he attempts to make all these crazy changes. Sure, they'll more than happily back him when he proposes lowering taxes on large corporations. They own STOCK in large corporations. They sit on BOARDS for large corporations. But tax revenue has to come from somewhere so they're going to politely remind him that money has to come in. Where does he propose the deficit come from?

Trump is going to say, reasonably, "Well hell, with all the new workers, we can tax the middle class." Except that Trump is a smart guy. He OWNS those big ******* companies and he sits on the BOARDS of a bunch of those big companies. He knows that they don't get big breaks and then immediately dump all that money BACK into their employees. They give that ******* money to the ******* corporate shareholders. The CEO's and the CFO's and the CTO's. Those guys get big bonuses and giant packages.

Then a year later they lay off another 3000 people because the company isn't doing too well and they hire an extra 800 kids from ******* China. And they think Americans are too ******* stupid to get it. And for the most part, they're right. Yet Americans like Trump because at least there's a CHANCE he'll make Mexico pay for some of the **** they import into the US. There's a CHANCE he'll actually ask NATO and other countries "Why are we sending our troops all over the world to cover YOUR *****?"

We've all become the ******* children of the Obama lie. All we can do is hope for change. Hillary promises no change, only exaggeration of the same horrible bullshit we're all choking on. And I am sick to death of choking on bullshit.

Regarding parts of the GOP bailing on Trump, while being worried that this will ultimately fracture the party...

“Make sure Trump’s supporters understand that the Republican Party ‘gets’ the issues he raised, and work them into the GOP priorities,” McGrath said. “Listen to what Trump’s supporters said—but separate that from Trump.”

No, you don't "get the issues he's raised. You don't get it at all. You've actively avoided the Presidential race for 12 ******* years. McCain? Really? ******* McCain and Palin? And then Mitt Romney? Ryan, sure. But Romney? What kind of weak *** effort was that? You weren't even ******* trying.

And then, you have the gall to roll out Trump... and when it starts to look like he's actually doing well you have no choice but to actually abandon your own ******* candidate. How ******* pathetic has your party become? Seriously? Do you even KNOW what you stand for? You have no ******* idea what "issues" Trump has raised that people are responding to. People are responding to the fact that they are sick of all your ******* ****. Democrat and Republican. They are just ******* sick of you.

So sick they're actually ******* lining up and planning to vote for Donald ******* Trump. How do you NOT get that through your thick stupid ******* skulls?

Wig, they exactly get it. And don't care because it doesn't suit the agenda.

And most others don't really care either. They say they do, but they don't, really.

Polls schmolls by the way...Trump will lose and lose big in PA and VA and he cannot win without one of them.

I never thought he'd win PA. Too many Democrats in Philly and Pittsburgh. VA is lost to the Republicans forever because of the number of Federal employees there. If Trump can win NV, CO, OH, and FL then he has a good chance to win.

The emergence of Trump speaks volumes to the total failure of our "leaders" to execute the will of the people. The media's complicity in spreading their lies is treasonous. I've come to believe that McCarthy had it right. The US really was infiltrated by communists. Unfortunately, the propaganda that diminished his message was very effective. The result has been devastating to our once great country in so many ways. From education, family values, the sexual "revolution", immigration, our media outlets and on and on, the US has been all but gutted of what once made her great. I fear there will be no return to the greatness of old.

I've come to believe that McCarthy had it right. The US really was infiltrated by communists.

Archives that came out after the breakup of the old Soviet Union proved he was right.

Sorry, can't board the train for open borders. There must be some way of know who is coming in, what baggage they bring AND verifying that their coming in is a benefit to the country rather than a burden. I would expect Canada and all other countries to be the same.

While libertarian leaning, I have limits.

Still voting for Johnson. His open borders policy and lack of knowledge about Aleppo and world leaders are less concern to me that the two main idiots. In addition, if he doesn't know where Aleppo is, maybe he won't waste any resources there.

There is no problem being a nationalist and an advocate of laissez-faire government.

This is what the US used to be percieved as from abroad.

Polls schmolls by the way...Trump will lose and lose big in PA and VA and he cannot win without one of them.

Trump should be playing the Omaba's their clinging to the guns and religion clip, then use whatever is out there on Hillary being ANTI the 2nd amendment, and follow it up with how badly blacks have done financially speaking under Obama.

Maybe people told him, but he does not listen well.

VA is likely out of reach., but PA with the right message is not.

I had that very intention until Johnson came out for open borders. I intend to stay true to my beliefs on some basic issues and if I can't see a way to support them thru a candidate, then I guess I go with Burgandy.

Johnson is an idiot. I have to deal with this wanker in NM. Hippie voters