• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This is the right move

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Listening to Jason LaCanfora stated the other morning that you the Steelers shouldn’t fire Canada yet. This article poses the same argument and solution that we all feel, you can fire him after Philly. This doesn’t mean you have to throw out the playbook or terminology right now. Let Sullivan and Frisman Jackson fix the crappy route tree and keep the terminology/playbook until the end of the season. Then hire someone with pedigree from the outside that can be beneficial to both Pickett and get the most out of struggling Harris. I have a short wishlist-
Mark Whipple is among the top of my wishlist and I wouldn’t be totally against a Todd Haley retread. Byron Leftwich if there’s mutual interest and maybe even Kevin Stefanski if he’s fired from Cleveland could be a smart hire. I would even interview Wes Welker to see if his approach.

https://www.steelernation.com/steelers-mike-tomlin-mike-sullivan-canada/

Listening to Jason LaCanfora stated the other morning that you the Steelers shouldn’t fire Canada yet. This article poses the same argument and solution that we all feel, you can fire him after Philly. This doesn’t mean you have to throw out the playbook or terminology right now. Let Sullivan and Frisman Jackson fix the crappy route tree and keep the terminology/playbook until the end of the season. Then hire someone with pedigree from the outside that can be beneficial to both Pickett and get the most out of struggling Harris. I have a short wishlist-
Mark Whipple is among the top of my wishlist and I wouldn’t be totally against a Todd Haley retread. Byron Leftwich if there’s mutual interest and maybe even Kevin Stefanski if he’s fired from Cleveland could be a smart hire. I would even interview Wes Welker to see if his approach.

https://www.steelernation.com/steelers-mike-tomlin-mike-sullivan-canada/
All in on Stefanski if he gets canned.

MY number one want would be that whoever is the permanat hire, that they be from outside the organization with FRESH new ideas.

I don't want a Tomlin promotion as the two candidates are tainted in the O'Canada way allowing Coach Tomlin to still have his hand in the bag.

Salute the nation

MY number one want would be that whoever is the permanat hire, that they be from outside the organization with FRESH new ideas.

I don't want a Tomlin promotion as the two candidates are tainted in the O'Canada way allowing Coach Tomlin to still have his hand in the bag.

Salute the nation

Salute the nation
Oh, I’m for bringing someone in from the outside, it’s starting Kenny in a whole new system. In the off-season I’m bringing in someone new from the outside. That’s when you change philosophy and terminology. I feel to finish the season out Sullivan and Jackson would be fine to do that. They shouldn’t even be entertained as interviewees. I don’t think Sullivan would want it anyways

I believe we will have a new head coach before we have a new offensive coordinator.

Coach Tomlin is going to move on to his life’s work after this season. The team and Kenny will show late season improvement that allows Tomlin to leave with his head high..

Coach Flores will hire his guys to fill out the Steelers staff before next season.

Yes — I am Nostradino….

Salute the nation
I want Canada stripped of play calling duties following our next loss

I also want Tomlin to have to call plays the rest of the year for several reasons:

1) He doesn’t in game “coach up” players anyways so it will give him something to do

2) His fingerprints are all over this mess, time to roll up the sleeves dive all the way in AND take accountability-no more scapegoats

3) If he has to call the plays maybe just maybe he’ll start to realize how little he knows and that he needs to stay FAR FAR away from interjecting any of his stupidity into our offensive philosophies

4) I just want him exposed and it would be funny…not like the current product is worth watching anyways

And YeS

Next year new OC from outside the organization and keep Shades out of everything offense…he should just focus on learning how to in game coach up players and adjust after all these dang years of futility

I believe we will have a new head coach before we have a new offensive coordinator.

Coach Tomlin is going to move on to his life’s work after this season. The team and Kenny will show late season improvement that allows Tomlin to leave with his head high..

Coach Flores will hire his guys to fill out the Steelers staff before next season.

Yes — I am Nostradino….
My dream scenario but not happening.

any of those three to replace Canada's sorry assed play calling and scheme.

Salute the nation
I agree

Salute the nation
I disagree

Yes — I am Nostradino….
Don't tease.

There seems to be some mixed feelings on this. I saw a couple of Steelers insiders suggest the move could (by no means will) be made if it's another poor game from the offense while others don't think the team will fire a coach midseason. I think the results speak for themselves.

I think Leftwich will be looking for a hc job.

I think LeftY has build a nice resume to this point, would have been a way better hire than O'Canada.

At this point point, any one of my many one-armed **** flinging monkeys would be a better hire than Matt O;Canada.

Salute the nation

I'm going to go against popular consensus here. It's easy to bash and put the blame all on one guy(as long as it's not the top guy) and everyone is doing it fans, media...makes it SO easy. Canada is only part of the problem, it starts with Tomlin and the choices he has made over the years. You can dig up Sid Gilman, bring him magically back to life and he's going to do no better than Matt Canada because it's the personnel we have. It starts with the players and that is a Mike Tomlin product. He ignored this O-line for so long it's pathetic, and now look at what we are fielding. It's an old football/coaching cliche, but it is absolutely true: " It all starts up front." Until that is addressed you can bring in whomever you want...not much will change until the head coach changes and with it philosophy, from who we retain to who we sign in free agency on offense.