• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This is what Mediocre brings yaz……………

In the good O’l days, one looked forward desperately for the draft / trade /OTAs / Mini-camp / training camp / pre-season / etc…..

Fast forward and I’m not so much caring.

I do enjoy those events, but not nearly like in the past.

These non-losing seasons, falling 20-ish in the draft is just medium, never more & never less.

Ones expectations seem to fizzle, I get up for the season but also realize Medium Is where I’ll end up.

This once PROUD franchise was the leader with-in the league. Several teams “copy-catted” us, while we were the envy of most franchises. We as fans enjoyed the hay day for all it was worth and then some.

Sure we had great players then, but we also have a full array of talent and have had that many years along the way.

We still end up in. The middle, no more and no less…………………

What do you all do to combat this feeling of mediocracy ?

Can’t wait for the season to begin but also know where it will end, in advance. The only thing going is that maybe there will be a surprise or two along the way……… a very welcomed event should that occur.

Salute the nation
getting old sucks

getting old sucks

Sorry you feel that way.

Keep active, get your steps in, don’t slow down, keep chasing mama-you might catch her once in a while………………..

Salute the nation

The worst part of this team right now is the general incompetence of the offense and it hasn't been for just a year. Several years in a row of dreadful offensive football is so incredibly boring to watch. If they're going to be mediocre, at least have some breakout weeks and score some points.
From everything Lolley and Williamson have said about practice is we have not seen any of the offense truly represented in a game. They have stayed very vanilla and there has been no resemblance to what they are running for formations and plays predominantly during the week. Including the crispness and performance.

From everything Lolley and Williamson have said about practice is we have not seen any of the offense truly represented in a game. They have stayed very vanilla and there has been no resemblance to what they are running for formations and plays predominantly during the week. Including the crispness and performance.
Not sure where most people are from on this board, but the Show Me State should be well represented in Week 1. I'll believe it when I see it out of this bunch in terms of Shades and 3D offensive chess -- not to mention "crispness and performance." Has been a rarity that we could ever use those adjectives in the same breath as our offense.

I'll be shocked if we see Tomlin aggressive and playing to get the ball back at the end of halves, and I suspect they'll still try to shorten games by using all of the play clock before snapping so the defense can key in on pass rush. Other than that, hopefully a few wrinkles and throw the ball to TEs more would be my faint hope lol.

Last edited:
In the good O’l days, one looked forward desperately for the draft / trade /OTAs / Mini-camp / training camp / pre-season / etc…..

Fast forward and I’m not so much caring.

I do enjoy those events, but not nearly like in the past.

These non-losing seasons, falling 20-ish in the draft is just medium, never more & never less.

Ones expectations seem to fizzle, I get up for the season but also realize Medium Is where I’ll end up.

This once PROUD franchise was the leader with-in the league. Several teams “copy-catted” us, while we were the envy of most franchises. We as fans enjoyed the hay day for all it was worth and then some.

Sure we had great players then, but we also have a full array of talent and have had that many years along the way.

We still end up in. The middle, no more and no less…………………

What do you all do to combat this feeling of mediocracy ?

Can’t wait for the season to begin but also know where it will end, in advance. The only thing going is that maybe there will be a surprise or two along the way……… a very welcomed event should that occur.

Salute the nation
It is Saturday 81 degrees and Sunny. I am inside watching a meaningless pre season game. it is the 4th quarter of the last preseason game. Most on the field right now will go on to another career. still watching.

It is Saturday 81 degrees and Sunny. I am inside watching a meaningless pre season game. it is the 4th quarter of the last preseason game. Most on the field right now will go on to another career. still watching.
I went fishing after the game. Caught a bunch of small bluegill and fed them to the turtles there. It's still hot here.

Can't co-sign...DRINK it's f'ing pre-season...

TOMLIN is playing this QB situation perfectly....All is well DRINK CHILL

The worst part of this team right now is the general incompetence of the offense and it hasn't been for just a year. Several years in a row of dreadful offensive football is so incredibly boring to watch. If they're going to be mediocre, at least have some breakout weeks and score some points.

At least the Killer B's were at least incredibly entertaining as hell to watch.

Status quo? Hardly. We have seen big changes in personnel the last 2 years. Not sure what team you have been watching. The player moves particularly have been very aggressive.
I didn't mention anything about our players.

DK Sports has echoed that as well.

Salute the nation

We fired a coach mid season. We hired a competent OC with head coaching experience. That is more aggressive as well.
I think you read what you wanted to read into my post. Not what I actually wrote.

🛑 STOP trying to win this argument bro

You will never win an argument against STILLWRIGHT

No matter what you say he’s STILLWRIGHT……
Well duh his name isn’t SteelWrong.

😉

This offense sucks! I wouldnt even call it mediocre!! I thought last years was bad… what has happened?? It’s the offensive line pure and simple every kid that ever grew up in WPA was taught the game in won in the trenches. Well if we are going to win we need to get a little radical… 1) We need to start fields at qb and run him… run him a lot!! It’s the only way to get the running game and then the passing game going. Bring back the quarterback sweep! Tear the play book in half, start 2 tight ends basically playing muth in the slot… and run the ball down the other team’s throats! 2) On defense do what you should have done last year and move the best blitzing linebacker on the team, HERBIG, inside next to Queen and send him at the qb every single play! Spy him sometimes but every single play he should be in the qbs face. Remember Cowher yelling at Greg Lloyd? “Just rush the quarterback!!!” That’s what Coach Tomlin needs to tell Herbig! No qb should be sitting comfortably in the pocket throwing the ball with these three guys on our team. We go against 3 great qbs in our division alone! Get the you know what after them!!! Do these 2 things and it could jump starting this team thus over coming the horrible mediocre coaching. We have talent but coach Tomlin has to go out and coach!

This offense sucks! I wouldnt even call it mediocre!! I thought last years was bad… what has happened?? It’s the offensive line pure and simple every kid that ever grew up in WPA was taught the game in won in the trenches. Well if we are going to win we need to get a little radical… 1) We need to start fields at qb and run him… run him a lot!! It’s the only way to get the running game and then the passing game going. Bring back the quarterback sweep! Tear the play book in half, start 2 tight ends basically playing muth in the slot… and run the ball down the other team’s throats! 2) On defense do what you should have done last year and move the best blitzing linebacker on the team, HERBIG, inside next to Queen and send him at the qb every single play! Spy him sometimes but every single play he should be in the qbs face. Remember Cowher yelling at Greg Lloyd? “Just rush the quarterback!!!” That’s what Coach Tomlin needs to tell Herbig! No qb should be sitting comfortably in the pocket throwing the ball with these three guys on our team. We go against 3 great qbs in our division alone! Get the you know what after them!!! Do these 2 things and it could jump start this team thus over coming the horrible mediocre coaching. We have talent but coach Tomlin has to go out and coach!