• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This is who the contemptible (D)ims are

Having ideas is a part of having freedom of speech and any real American should be defending the right of any citizen to have them no matter whether you agree or disagree with them.
If you don't believe in freedom of speech, you should be relocating to a place compatible with that view like North Korea, Russia, etc...

Not one person was bitching about anyone's right to free speech, only about your sides ignorance and mental stability, which as a matter of fact is free speech.
Try and stay on track idiot.

You guys do realize that what this lady proposed in Texas is pretty much already the law in the other 49 states.

Having ideas is a part of having freedom of speech and any real American should be defending the right of any citizen to have them no matter whether you agree or disagree with them.
If you don't believe in freedom of speech, you should be relocating to a place compatible with that view like North Korea, Russia, etc...

You are now railing on about Freedom of Speech? Weren't you likewise saying that Twitter and Facebook taking down posts about Hunter Biden was not censorship? Were you ever here screaming about those tech companies silencing Conservatives for years? I don't recall you running around screaming FREEDOM OF SPEECH when Conservative ideas have been shot down.

No...no...I think you really actually think this woman's moronic idea makes sense to you, especially the part about the theft should be allowed as some form of reparations.

Having ideas is brilliant, indeed. Hitler had some. So did Pol Pot. Stalin, Lenin, Marx....

Having ideas is important and they should be protected by Free Speech, but this woman's proposal (true or not) is harmful, beyond just being moronic. Can you condemn it? Nope. You just keep spinning instead of stating the obvious - "Yeah that was some dumb *** ****."

Also, 23 states have adopted the "castle doctrine," meaning that a homeowner never has an obligation to retreat from a threat in his or her home and may use deadly force whenever confronted with what appears to be a threat of harm.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/castle-doctrine-states

Generally, any time a person comes into your home in the middle of the night, you have a right to reasonable fear and a right to immediately protect yourself, up to and including deadly force.

Hey, 21, here's an idea on how to "protect" thieves, dumbshits, and criminals, i.e.., the base of the (D)im party: Teach them to stay the **** off my property and out of my home and teach them to get a ******* job and pay for things they want.

21, can you post your address so we can exercise this?

yeah, you won't do it.

anyway - this woman has the RIGHT to say whatever her heart compels her to say. We also reserve the right to judge her idiocy and lack of IQ based on what she says. It's a novel idea, I know. Maybe one you should include in your New York Times' bestseller that has never been released.

I never questioned free speech, just the lunacy she is spewing and the fact that she has decision making capabilities in the US Government. Now, if you want to talk about suppressing free speech, look no further that your party that wants to turn the US into North Korea, Russia, etc.

steeltime, This bill has nothing to do with anyone retreating within their home. Texas has a much broader castle doctrine than any other state that includes places outside the home. I believe
it also includes a persons workplace. This bill only applies to outside the home.

The bill won't ever pass, but this lady pretty much was trying to prevent people from opening fire on people committing crimes outside the home when their is no physical threat to the homeowner.
Might not matter much in rural areas, but preventing gunfire in populated neighborhoods, might help protect innocent bystanders.

this lady pretty much was trying to prevent people from opening fire on people committing crimes outside the home when their is no physical threat to the homeowner.
Might not matter much in rural areas, but preventing gunfire in populated neighborhoods, might help protect innocent bystanders.

That is not what she said....she specifically advocated for the criminal to have a weapon and homeowner to not. Don't twist the story. Here is the bottom-line....if she is so worried about a homeowner and usage of the castle doctine then maybe she should focus her thoughts on the criminal signing their own death warrant and prevent their actions. They criminal came to the homeowner....not the other way around.

That is not what she said....she specifically advocated for the criminal to have a weapon and homeowner to not. Don't twist the story. Here is the bottom-line....if she is so worried about a homeowner and usage of the castle doctine then maybe she should focus her thoughts on the criminal signing their own death warrant and prevent their actions. They criminal came to the homeowner....not the other way around.

While I disagree with the legislation proposed, that quote is fake. Google her statement. None of that stuff is true.

She doesn't "get" it. Maybe because she's so damn fuggly that she doesn't have much to worry about with rapists and whatnot. Man...seriously.

steeltime, This bill has nothing to do with anyone retreating within their home. Texas has a much broader castle doctrine than any other state that includes places outside the home. I believe it also includes a persons workplace. This bill only applies to outside the home.

Bullshit. You really need to stop getting your information from **** sites like the Daily Kos and crap like that. Seriously. Here is the Texas "stand your ground" law:

Sec. 9.31. SELF-DEFENSE. (a) Except as provided in Subsection (b), a person is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force. The actor's belief that the force was immediately necessary as described by this subsection is presumed to be reasonable if the actor:

(1) knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the force was used:

(A) unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor's occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment;

(B) unlawfully and with force removed, or was attempting to remove unlawfully and with force, the actor from the actor's habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment; or

(C) was committing or attempting to commit aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery;

(2) did not provoke the person against whom the force was used; and

(3) was not otherwise engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic at the time the force was used.

(b) The use of force against another is not justified:

(1) in response to verbal provocation alone;

(2) to resist an arrest or search that the actor knows is being made by a peace officer, or by a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction, even though the arrest or search is unlawful, unless the resistance is justified under Subsection (c);

(3) if the actor consented to the exact force used or attempted by the other;

(4) if the actor provoked the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force, unless:

(A) the actor abandons the encounter, or clearly communicates to the other his intent to do so reasonably believing he cannot safely abandon the encounter; and

(B) the other nevertheless continues or attempts to use unlawful force against the actor; or

(5) if the actor sought an explanation from or discussion with the other person concerning the actor's differences with the other person while the actor was:

(A) carrying a weapon in violation of Section 46.02; or

(B) possessing or transporting a weapon in violation of Section 46.05.

Texas' "castle doctrine" is as follows:

Sec. 9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.

(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:

(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or

(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.

https://guides.sll.texas.gov/gun-laws/stand-your-ground

Both laws model similar "stand your ground" and "castle doctrine" laws in other states. You have conflated the reference to protection at work in the "stand your ground" law, where one can use deadly force to protect against kidnapping or physical harm at work, with the "castle doctrine." Try and get **** right.

The bill won't ever pass, but this lady pretty much was trying to prevent people from opening fire on people committing crimes outside the home when their is no physical threat to the homeowner.

Read the actual goddamn law, would you? The right to use force applies only "when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property." Therefore, if a homeowner sees a guy peeking in his daughter's window, even when his daughter is not home, he can use reasonable force to protect the property. Generally, that involves a determination as to who did what and when to decide the threat to the property and the degree of force reasonably necessary to answer the threat. Laws are almost always written that way since it is literally impossible to cover every conceivable confrontation (peeking in living room window, peeking in bathroom window, peeking in window at night, peeking in window during day, prying window, breaking window, and on and on and on and on) in the statute.

You are not just a wanna-be lawyer, 21, you are a horrible wanna-be lawyer who does not bother reading the statute, comparing it to other similar laws, and who then simply states something read on some ******* web site without bothering to learn that your claim is 100% false.

Finally, for the second time you say, "Oh, the bill won't pass" and obviously miss the point I made earlier. I had believed my point was patent as I wrote, "Every current stupid government edict started somewhere, usually the diseased brains of idiot leftists in academia who think they can vote on **** and make the world a better place. ... The really stupid idea is shot down, but never killed. It comes up again and again until finally by dint of mere repetition, enough morons believe it might be a good thing."

So the fact the stupid leftist idea is laughed at originally give me no comfort at all. Leftists are stupid, selfish, dumb, destructive, idiotic, and lazy, but they are persistent. All the stupid ideas we currently have polluting our society began with idiot leftists and were originally shot down, only to keep re-appearing. Seriously, thirty years ago would any American believe that we would allow men to "declare" themselves women and use the women's bathroom?

Get it? If not, talk about it with Flog and have Flog's 8-year old nephew explain it.

I would be interested in reading what you base this statement on. I look forward to actual links from those 49 states confirming your opinion.

21 doesn't support anything he spouts. He has beliefs and damnit they are right.