• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This nonsense may actually cause me to cheer for the *pats today...

Long time Steeler fan Rush Limbaugh helped me to ease the sick feeling I had over the Pats win:

RUSH: Well, it looks like the Russians found a way to hack the second half of the Super Bowl. Not kidding, folks. The left, if you know where to look, if you know how to read between the lines before the game, you can see that the left had all kinds of stuff tied up in this game. They wanted the Patriots to lose. They didn’t want Brady to be the MVP because Brady and Belichick and Kraft are so tied to Trump.

And I’m telling you at halftime of that game last night they thought it was nine o’clock on election night, and Hillary Clinton was still gonna win in a landslide, and the Atlanta Falcons are up 28-3 over the New England Patriots, and they’re starting to celebrate. They’re thinking they’re gonna get vindication, that Trump’s gonna be embarrassed, and that his stars on the Patriots are gonna be humiliated by the team from Atlanta.

And then they had to sit there and watch history repeat itself. In fact, you should have seen it over at Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight blog at halftime: Patriots have 1% chance of winning the game. Halfway through the third quarter, Nate Silver, FiveThirtyEight after the Patriots had to punt and they were still down 28-3 midway through the third quarter: Patriots’ chance of winning now down to one half of 1%.

And the same liberals who thought Hillary had it in the bag on election night thought that Trump was gonna be eating excrement and the Patriots were gonna be disappointing Trump and Trump disappointed them and it was gonna be almost — I mean, it wasn’t gonna salve the election defeat, but it was gonna be a little bit of payback. And, instead, on the pregame show during the interview with Bill O’Reilly, Trump had predicted the Patriots to win by eight.

I had predicted a Patriots win, and in parentheses, I said, and it could be a rout, and in the second half it was a rout, and they’re just beside themselves. It doesn’t seem that Trump can lose. It doesn’t seem that anything they do works.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: The Super Bowl — remember now, folks, everything in America has been politicized. If you doubt me, look at the advertising in the Super Bowl. You had Audi and a couple of other outfits that were devoted to political issues in order to sell their products — a major, major, major miscalculation.

And I know what happens; the media buyers and the creative people at both these companies and the advertising agencies are recent college graduates, mainly women, who are dyed-in-the-wool leftists and have their sway over the media buys and the direction of the ad campaign and so forth and so on. And I think it’s all gonna come back and bite these people in the end.

But, you don’t even have to go to the advertising to find the politicization of the Super Bowl, because if you knew where to look, and if you knew what to watch, even before the game you knew that many on the left were hoping for a New England Patriots defeat. They were hoping the Atlanta Falcons would wipe ’em out, because the Patriots are reputedly and reportedly closely tied to the president of the United States. Tom Brady and Trump are supposedly good friends. Well, I know that they are. Robert Kraft, the owner of the Patriots and Trump, good friends, I know that they are.

Belichick wrote Trump a congratulatory letter after Trump won the election and wrote admiringly of his steadfastness, his stick-to-itiveness, his persistence, and his unwillingness to give up. And so there was a lot riding on this for the left. For millions of football hating leftists, and they are out there, the Super Bowl was to serve as a massive political cleansing. Political justice would be served. An election might not be reversed, but a statement would be made that the country had recognized it had made a mistake. The Patriots and Trump, who really aren’t patriots, right, according to the left, the Patriots and therefore Trump would be crushed.

And do you know why? Because they deserved it. Why did the Patriots deserve to be crushed and Trump with them? Because their winning is an offense. There isn’t supposed to be this kind of dominance in new America, not Patriot kind of dominance. There isn’t supposed to be this kind of heroism from the majority in America anymore. But they weren’t gonna leave it strictly to the Atlanta Falcons.

Now, there was eager anticipation for the halftime show of the noted song stylist Lady Gaga, about whom it was said prior to the game that she was going to diss Trump with a bunch of drones from high atop NRG Stadium in Houston. And she was gonna tell the world what the left really thought of all of this. And she was gonna do it in the midst of the halftime show in song and in dance, and they were eagerly and breathlessly waiting.

And Lady Gaga, in pre-Super Bowl interviews, did not disabuse them of the notion that she was locked and loaded and that she was gonna come out firing and that she was gonna let Trump have it. And the left was going to have a halftime orgasm because they were going to be able to pretend that they actually didn’t lose. The Super Bowl, the most watched television event in the world, was going to feature Trump’s team losing and therefore Trump losing and Lady Gaga, well-known leftist song stylist, was going to smash Trump in the ground in the middle of the halftime show.

And none of it happened. In fact, the parallels are eerie. Nine o’clock on election night, the Clinton campaign still thought that they were going to win in a landslide. Nine o’clock last night in the Super Bowl, the Patriots were down 28-3 and looked inept. Brady’s passes were off target. When they were on target, his receivers couldn’t hold the ball. He was sacked twice. It doesn’t happen. The Patriots were playing a style of football that people haven’t seen them play.

People on the left were excited, thinking that their dreams were gonna come true, that Brady was not only gonna lose, he was gonna look silly in the process because, by extension, Trump was going to look like the fool, because Trump had gone out on a limb, making it known to everybody that he and the Patriots bigwigs are best buddies, inseparably good friends. And so when bad happens to the Patriots, the thing you have to remember is, in the final analysis, when everything’s balanced out, nothing bad happens to patriots, with a capital P or not.

And so they were excited, and so people on the left who don’t even understand football and just hate it cause it’s too violent and ’cause there’s winners and ’cause there’s losers. The young snowflakes that populate America’s college campuses, who care not a whit about the game and actually think it should not be played because it’s so mean, it’s so violent and people lose, were watching in eager anticipation for Donald Trump to take it on the chin by virtue of the New England Patriots being wiped out.