• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This Offense is Offensive

I would be shocked if this team makes the playoffs they are bad. We need a HC that is going to give this team a chance to win in the postseason.
Playoffs?
Easy there big dreamer. It's 8-7. THAT'S the goal here.

Playoffs? That's for teams like the chefs, and bungles and the nearly omnipotent Texans.

We shoot for consistent mediocrity! That's OUR play!

Playoffs?

Playoffs? That's for teams like the chefs, and bungles and the nearly omnipotent Texans.

Metallica sad but true.

I've been watching the Steelers for over 40 years now and I can honestly say today's offensive performance could very well possibly be the worst offensive showing I have ever seen. Gaining zero yards when starting at mid-field on a drive you need to score points on is mind boggling. If they gain a single first down we could kick a FG from there and possibly win. There's no sense of urgency on this offense. Last year Pickett was amazing during last 10 mins of a game. You could see the urgency and how hard he wanted to win. I dont see that in anyone this year. Reminds me when Ray Sherman was our OC and you could tell Ben just didn't enjoy playing the game with him as our OC yet they kept him for a little while but things got worse and finally he was out. When your offense is this bad one person is responsible. Please please fire the OC! I can't stand to watch anything like that again. ZERO YARDS! Ugh.
Sherman was gone before Ben was drafted. IJS.

Reactions: wig
Playoffs?

Totally wrong… we aim for 9-8… but will settle for 8-8-1… thats true championship mediocrity right there

FHkiCpwVEAMfGp0.png

Just watching the Minny at Denver game on Sunday night and I’m watching a QB who could rarely even get a helmet with PIT lead the Injury decimated Vikes offense. And it hit me, I would take JDobbs over KP. He’s probably faster. He’s smarter. Dobbs is a very smart man. He was an aerospace engineering major in college. But our idiot brain trust would not even give the man a helmet most Sundays.

The PIT talent evaluators are terrible. Maybe Andy Weidl will straighten things out but this is pitiful

Harris calling out the playcalling?
"You could do two things," he said. "You could look at the record and say, 'OK, we're still good right now.' Or we could look at the record and be like, 'If we keep playing this type of football, how long is that s--- going to last?' I look at it like, 'How long that s--- going to last?' Y'all could look at it like it's a good record, but I mean it's the NFL. Winning how we did, it's not going to get us nowhere."

Harris said the problems are fixable, but he didn't express confidence they would be fixed.

"Is it fixable? Yeah. Are we going to fix it? S---," he said, shaking his head and trailing off. Harris had 12 carries for 35 yards in the loss, while fellow running back Jaylen Warren had 129 yards on nine carries, including a 74-yard touchdown to get the Steelers on the board seconds into the third quarter. Warren's 21-yard gain followed by a 12-yard run got the Steelers within field goal range in the fourth quarter to tie the game.

I've given up hope waiting for any week to be Pickett's breakout game. Not only is it not happening, but he's playing arguably the worst football of his career. You don't even see Canada designing plays to help build that confidence. It's always to the sidelines and under five yards.
Watching Josh Dobbs play makes me sick we let him go. He's better than any of our current QBs; even if he wasn't, he has more upside.

Watching Josh Dobbs play makes me sick we let him go. He's better than any of our current QBs; even if he wasn't, he has more upside.
Our OC would not permit such play. He would look just as bad. In fact, he did. So what does that say?

Not only did they let Dobbs go, they felt Austin was better to keep at DC rather than offering it to Brian Flores...probably mostly cause the cheapo Rooney's didn't want to pay Flores. Everything about this team blows right now.

I would love for Pickett to have the chance to have a 3-INT game because they're letting him sling it around the field.

This team has many problems, and they begin and end with Tomlin.

Either take the leash off of Pickett and let’s see what he can do, or start looking for another QB.

Tomlin never accepts any responsibility for anything. It’s sickening.

Just watching the Minny at Denver game on Sunday night and I’m watching a QB who could rarely even get a helmet with PIT lead the Injury decimated Vikes offense. And it hit me, I would take JDobbs over KP. He’s probably faster. He’s smarter. Dobbs is a very smart man. He was an aerospace engineering major in college. But our idiot brain trust would not even give the man a helmet most Sundays.

The PIT talent evaluators are terrible. Maybe Andy Weidl will straighten things out but this is pitiful
Between Tomlin and our offensive coordinators last few years, Dobbs couldn't have succeeded. He never did.

But you put them on another team with a compliment coaching staff. Suddenly he doesn't look like he's completely incompetent. Who knew?

And on the other hand, you take just about every receiver on the Steelers over the last 15 years or so and send them to another team, suddenly they're not so incredible. Emmanuel Sanders was an exception.

Even AB wasn't the same with the great deflator!

Just as Ben made a LOT of receivers better, ole coach T seems to make a lot of players more mediocre or downright terrible