• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This should end well

Or here is a novel concept, do what the cop tells you, when he tells you to do it...if you resist, if you reach for anything that a cop may perceive as a weapon, or if you do anything that could be construed as a threat to the law enforcement than you made your bed so go lay in it. If you were mistreated by the police you can sue the crap out of those departments and also the city they have jurisdiction over. You can't do that if you are dead. But I guess it is much easier to take no responsibility for your actions, blame others for everything that happens to you, and then regurgitate the false narrative that cops are out to kill everyone for sport. Here is another novel concept, why doesn't the community as a whole do a better job raising kids and teenagers instead of turning a blind eye and keeping their imaginary street cred and their no snitch policies.

The issue im trying to impart to you guys is a cop can just SAY a suspect did something that they perceived as a threat to cover their *****. Cops **** up ALL THE TIME and never admit mistakes. Some cops do **** with intent...some, many cops are psycopaths.

When you say "do what the cops tells you...". There have been many instances of folks following orders and still being shot or beaten.
Heres one ...Charles Kinsey...did everything the cops said and they still shot him. http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article90905442.html

Philando Castille is another example. Tells the officer he has a weapon, then proceeds to tell the officer he has a concealed and carry permit and when he goes to retrieve his items the cop asked for the dick officer shoots him 5 times. WTF, and he STILL gets off....why ?

Akai Gurly--- wasn't even a suspect of any crime and he was shot by a freakishly jittery cop when he just entered a stairwell and startled the officer who shot into a void and struck Gurly, killing him. He got off too. Why ?

You speak as if its so easy to sue for misconduct....for example, in NJ over 90% of misconduct complaints are never investigated. In Chicago the data for 2015 shows that in more than 99 percent of the thousands of misconduct complaints against Chicago police officers, there has been no discipline. From 2011 to 2015, 97 percent of more than 28,500 citizen complaints resulted in no officer being punished,

Why the **** do you wish to put all the burden of accountability on the public and none on the officer....that's a direct question to YOU !!! They have a badge, a taser, dashcam, bodycam and a deadly weapon. Yet they have no accountability to try and assess threats and de-escalate. I hear it all the time.."don't resist",when a cop is choking or wailing away on a suspect with a baton. Whats your instinctual reaction if someone comes up behind you and aggressively chokes you around the neck ? Go limp ?

Come on man, there is defiance in kids in all neighborhoods...don't pretend like its only in certain areas impacting specific demographics. My GF has as neighbor who is white who smoked weed as a teen and tells stories all the time of the **** they got away with in front of cops. Cops themselves turning blind eyes to the unscrupulous **** anglo kids would do.
Cops have a no-snitch policy much more repped than any street gang...am I right ? Would explain why bad cops hardly ever get spun by the so-called good ones. Youre trying to defend a culture that does as much sin and dirt as any street gang. I see cops as a whole as thugs with badges and a leadership with a self-serving agenda. Many are good but they never reel in the ones that destroy their reps. Cops, you might say have "street cred" with municipal backing.

The issue im trying to impart to you guys is a cop can just SAY a suspect did something that they perceived as a threat to cover their *****. Cops **** up ALL THE TIME and never admit mistakes. Some cops do **** with intent...some, many cops are psycopaths.

When you say "do what the cops tells you...". There have been many instances of folks following orders and still being shot or beaten.
Heres one ...Charles Kinsey...did everything the cops said and they still shot him. http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article90905442.html

Philando Castille is another example. Tells the officer he has a weapon, then proceeds to tell the officer he has a concealed and carry permit and when he goes to retrieve his items the cop asked for the dick officer shoots him 5 times. WTF, and he STILL gets off....why ?

Akai Gurly--- wasn't even a suspect of any crime and he was shot by a freakishly jittery cop when he just entered a stairwell and startled the officer who shot into a void and struck Gurly, killing him. He got off too. Why ?

You speak as if its so easy to sue for misconduct....for example, in NJ over 90% of misconduct complaints are never investigated. In Chicago the data for 2015 shows that in more than 99 percent of the thousands of misconduct complaints against Chicago police officers, there has been no discipline. From 2011 to 2015, 97 percent of more than 28,500 citizen complaints resulted in no officer being punished,

Why the **** do you wish to put all the burden of accountability on the public and none on the officer....that's a direct question to YOU !!! They have a badge, a taser, dashcam, bodycam and a deadly weapon. Yet they have no accountability to try and assess threats and de-escalate. I hear it all the time.."don't resist",when a cop is choking or wailing away on a suspect with a baton. Whats your instinctual reaction if someone comes up behind you and aggressively chokes you around the neck ? Go limp ?

Come on man, there is defiance in kids in all neighborhoods...don't pretend like its only in certain areas impacting specific demographics. My GF has as neighbor who is white who smoked weed as a teen and tells stories all the time of the **** they got away with in front of cops. Cops themselves turning blind eyes to the unscrupulous **** anglo kids would do.
Cops have a no-snitch policy much more repped than any street gang...am I right ? Would explain why bad cops hardly ever get spun by the so-called good ones. Youre trying to defend a culture that does as much sin and dirt as any street gang. I see cops as a whole as thugs with badges and a leadership with a self-serving agenda. Many are good but they never reel in the ones that destroy their reps. Cops, you might say have "street cred" with municipal backing.

do you understand why they stick up for each other? maybe you could ask a few of these people?
blitzburghv5 said:
My next door neighbor is a cop. My brother in-law is a cop. My uncle and cousins are cops.

do you understand why they stick up for each other? maybe you could ask a few of these people?

Because the code of silence is strong when theres a real risk you could be abandoned by fellow officers when you find yourself hemmed up on a "situation" or killed by "friendly" (fired upon by another officer and covered as a mistake)

and what else?

They adopt the "us vs them" mentality. I can say with certainty my relatives that serve on the force have some character issues....all of them are ********. Every one of em.

maybe it's a family trait, though I can't say since I've never met your family members.

The cops I know, I'd trust with my life. literally.

in fact, an uncle of mine was a Sheriff when I was a kid. I take exception to your misguided opinion that "most are sociopaths". Those cops I know, especially my uncle, are and were not ********. They perform a job that many people do not want to do. A job that is scrutinized by people such as yourself who only seek to find fault with how and what they do. I am, however, in agreement that there are bad cops, but you simply cannot say that as a whole cops are bad. It's disingenuous to do so. If we have so many bad cops, as you say, we'd all be getting pulled over, frisked, losing our cash and jewelry, raped and groped on the daily. Yet, as it turns out, that doesn't happen.

Yes, bad cops need to be weeded out. Especially so people like you can have more appreciation for the thankless job they do.

blitzburghv5 I appreciate your posts on the topic. I'm sure you're at least partially correct in your assessment, which is beyond bleak. I would argue on one point, that I don't think the bad apples outnumber the good ones. There are surely more decent, law-abiding, ethically sound officers than not. Same goes for society at large, I think in general good people outnumber bad people. The problem with bad cops, as you point out, is they're in an extremely advantageous position to wreak havoc with impunity. That was certainly the case in St. Louis, Baltimore, Los Angeles et al. Police forces always need strong oversight by internal & civilian review boards. Otherwise it's bad guys w guns shielded by the full spectrum of legal protection - and the benefit of the doubt - provided to police officers.

That a lot of departments are using body cams is a step in the right direction, but we are already seeing instances of police muting them at crucial points of encounters or just plain "losing video." There are some bad cops out there, and I agree there are cases where the cop was certainly wrong, and did wrong and got off scot-free. Sadly, those get lumped in with cases where the cop had a clear reason to fear for his safety because the attacker is unarmed. I don't know how you fix it, but making convoluted rules that are subjective at best and can be Monday morning quarterbacked to look like just about anything doesn't seem the way to go.

Come on man, there is defiance in kids in all neighborhoods...don't pretend like its only in certain areas impacting specific demographics.
Is this a joke? Kids are the same all over? Really? You can't be taken seriously when you ignore reality.