• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Those EVIL 1%ers!!!!!!!

I’m not understanding why you guys think I’m paying more in taxes than I should? The standard deduction is a lot more than if I itemized so I take what the government gives me and that’s it. What other options do I have? I’m single with no dependents other than myself. I do my taxes online using TurboTax and that is the number it comes up with. I’ve used the tax calculator from several other tax preparer websites.... H&R, TaxAct, TaxSlayer, Quicken.... they all come up with the same amount.

Yeah, with no dependents and being single, you are pretty much ******. Not as ****** as having a wife and dependents, though....

For 25k income, you use Turbotax for free, i assume? I think they let the EZ and the electronic filing be free, anyway.

One thing you should take advantage of, if it is still in existence and you aren't already, is the Saver's Credit. I don't know what the income levels are, but, if I understand it correctly, the money you put into your employer's 401k or an IRA, you credit for a piece of your contribution, or something like that.

https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plan...etirement-savings-contributions-savers-credit

make a $2000 IRA contribution, you get an additional $1k credit. I think this is a tax credit, not an additional deduction on your income. If your Employer has a match, you can make a killing. Might sound tough to do without 10% of your pay, but when you can get half of it back with your taxes (or lower your monthly tax take), it shouldn't be so bad.

**** rich people! :rolleyes:

No, by Tim’s definition, I’m rich. But to my original point, it’s absurd to lump to 20th percentile, or even the 10th with the 1%ers as the 1%ers make 3 or 30 or 300 times as much as they do.

I know most of you believe that giving the 1%ers a tax break will result in them spending more money, boosting the economy, etc., but I have good reason to believe many of them won’t even notice the change in their income. I’ve witnessed this kind of ignorance first hand several times.

No, by Tim’s definition, I’m rich. But to my original point, it’s absurd to lump to 20th percentile, or even the 10th with the 1%ers as the 1%ers make 3 or 30 or 300 times as much as they do.

I know most of you believe that giving the 1%ers a tax break will result in them spending more money, boosting the economy, etc., but I have good reason to believe many of them won’t even notice the change in their income. I’ve witnessed this kind of ignorance first hand several times.

You can't give a tax cut to the bottom 47% who don't pay income tax. You can't cut a tax rate below zero and give people money back that they didn't pay in the first place. Oh wait, yes you can, it's called the Earned Income Credit that was started by that hated Republican tax cutter, Ronald Reagan.

Enough with phony talking points and anecdotal stories, for crying out loud.

The Trump tax cut benefits the middle class quite a bit. Bleating cows like Pelosi and Shumer dismiss a $1,000 to $2,000 annual tax savings for the middle class because they are filthy rich off stealing from the taxpayers, but the middle class loves the extra money. The facts:

The%20Trump%20Plan%20Is%20A%20Large%20Tax%20Cut%20For%20The%20Middle%20Class-16.png

FINAL-TCJA-Filers-Chart.png

The more you know ...

You can't give a tax cut to the bottom 47% who don't pay income tax. You can't cut a tax rate below zero and give people money back that they didn't pay in the first place. Oh wait, yes you can, it's called the Earned Income Credit that was started by that hated Republican tax cutter, Ronald Reagan.

No, you could give more of a tax cut to the 48th - 5th percent.

Enough with phony talking points and anecdotal stories, for crying out loud.

The Trump tax cut benefits the middle class quite a bit. Bleating cows like Pelosi and Shumer dismiss a $1,000 to $2,000 annual tax savings for the middle class because they are filthy rich off stealing from the taxpayers, but the middle class loves the extra money. The facts:

The%20Trump%20Plan%20Is%20A%20Large%20Tax%20Cut%20For%20The%20Middle%20Class-16.png

FINAL-TCJA-Filers-Chart.png

The more you know ...

No, they dismiss it because they realize an extra $2,000 is what many 1%ers will see in a single paycheck.

No, you could give more of a tax cut to the 48th - 5th percent.

Done.
Frankly I think either everyone should pay the same rate with no deductions regardless of income or replace both the Federal income tax and FICA with a national sales tax, aka the Fair Tax.

Flog just said the rich make $2,000 per paycheck?

**** you, Ark, you ******* rich 1%er ************!
(lemme borrow some money)

Flog just said the rich make $2,000 per paycheck?

**** you, Ark, you ******* rich 1%er ************!
(lemme borrow some money)

No he said none of this matters (that the wealthiest people pay the majority of taxes) because rich people don't notice $2,000. Or something like that.

Makes sense to Flog.

I find it comical that he thinks someone who is rich makes $2,000 in a single paycheck - "they realize an extra $2,000 is what many 1%ers will see in a single paycheck.". Most people are paid twice a month, give or take 26 pay periods. If you make $52,000, yer rich!

LMAO. Facts and Liberals don't mix.

Last edited:
So who owes the 20 trillion of taxes ( the debt) that haven't been paid since 1980?

No he said none of this matters (that the wealthiest people pay the majority of taxes) because rich people don't notice $2,000. Or something like that.

Makes sense to Flog.

I find it comical that he thinks someone who is rich makes $2,000 in a single paycheck - "they realize an extra $2,000 is what many 1%ers will see in a single paycheck.". Most people are paid twice a month, give or take 26 pay periods. If you make $52,000, yer rich!

LMAO. Facts and Liberals don't mix.

***EXTRA $2,000*** as in additional, as in the rich get an additional $2,000 per pay or $52,000 per year.

Your reading comprehension sucks extra.

Last edited:
so, per Flogism, the average person makes $52,000 while the rich make an ***EXTRA*** $2,000.

54>52

so, per Flogism, the average person makes $52,000 while the rich make an ***EXTRA*** $2,000.

54>52

Do you only understand things when Alex Jones is screaming them?

The crumbs Pelosi spoke of was the $2,000 EXTRA the average person will see a YEAR. She called it crumbs because she knows some 1%ers will see that EXTRA amount with each and EVERY PAY CHECK.

Do you only understand things when Alex Jones is screaming them?

The crumbs Pelosi spoke of was the $2,000 EXTRA the average person will see a YEAR. She called it crumbs because she knows some 1%ers will see that EXTRA amount with each and EVERY PAY CHECK.

No dipshit, the point is you write like a 3rd grader.

Your original statement wasn't misinterpreted. You wrote it, own it.

an extra $2,000 is what many 1%ers will see in a single paycheck.

The way you've written it, because you can't write for ****, it quite literally means "that" extra $2,000 is what the rich see [MAKE] in a single paycheck. You've written it to say the rich make $2,000 a paycheck.

Because you can't write for ****.

It might all make sense in that brain under that manbun while you sip on your chai latte. But what you wrote was wrong and comical.

It almost made my siggy.

$52,000 is the new rich!

And now you are quoting the nuttiest, craziest, quite literally stupidest politician in Washington....

we-should-only-deport-illegalaliens-if-they-do-something-illegal-11922018.png

nancy-pelosi-foramerica-a-poster-child-for-term-limits-14377219.png

nancy-pelosi-voices.jpg

Last edited:
Do you really think the entirety of the US debt is simply owed taxes????

Seriously???

LOL, his quote is one of those "You can't make this **** up" moments in SN History

No dipshit, the point is you write like a 3rd grader.

Your original statement wasn't misinterpreted. You wrote it, own it.

an extra $2,000 is what many 1%ers will see in a single paycheck.

The way you've written it, because you can't write for ****, it quite literally means "that" extra $2,000 is what the rich see [MAKE] in a single paycheck. You've written it to say the rich make $2,000 a paycheck.

“That” is a definite article, “An” is an indefinite article. You cant just substitute one for the other. You’ve just explained how your lack of reading comprehension lead you to misinterpret what I wrote.

“That” is a definite article, “An” is an indefinite article. You cant just substitute one for the other. You’ve just explained how your lack of reading comprehension lead you to misinterpret what I wrote.

you need some writing tips from 21BookRiting21.

Has nothing to do with definite vs. indefinite articles, it has to do with labeling it as a single paycheck vs. every paycheck. It reads as people getting $2000 one time vs $2000 in every paycheck.

oh, **** TRUMP for making English so difficult.

right, Flogomanbun?