• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Those we lost.

Wow thank you so much! I thought about making a thread but I wasn't sure exactly what to say and it was very difficult to type what I ended up putting in the other thread. Really appreciate this. I changed my profile pic to her. This was her on our wedding day in 2012 on Orange Beach, AL. Brings tears to my eyes just seeing her.

Vader, you're a teacher if I recall. What was your wife's profession?

I'll repeat what others said, she's beautiful and again I'm sorry for your incredible loss.

Fallen Limb​

A limb has fallen from the family tree.
I keep hearing a voice that says, “Grieve not for me”.
Remember the best times, the laughter, the song.
The good life I lived while I was strong.
Continue my heritage, I’m counting on you.
Keep smiling and surely the sun will shine through.
My mind is at ease, my soul is at rest.
Remembering all, how I truly was blessed.
Continue traditions, no matter how small.
Go on with your life, don’t worry about falls
I miss you all dearly, so keep up your chin.
Until the day comes we’re together again.​

Vader, you're a teacher if I recall. What was your wife's profession?

I'll repeat what others said, she's beautiful and again I'm sorry for your incredible loss.

Fallen Limb​

A limb has fallen from the family tree.
I keep hearing a voice that says, “Grieve not for me”.
Remember the best times, the laughter, the song.
The good life I lived while I was strong.
Continue my heritage, I’m counting on you.
Keep smiling and surely the sun will shine through.
My mind is at ease, my soul is at rest.
Remembering all, how I truly was blessed.
Continue traditions, no matter how small.
Go on with your life, don’t worry about falls
I miss you all dearly, so keep up your chin.
Until the day comes we’re together again.​
Yes, I'm a teacher. When she was in California she worked at the human resource center. She had a heart for people but knew that in order for people to be helped they needed to help themselves as well.

Sorry to hear that Stainless. My sincere condolences.

Vader, what part of California was your wife from?

Reason I ask that is the djfan and myself lived literally 2 streets away from one another (at different times) at one time - it really is a small world sometimes.

Reason I ask that is the djfan and myself lived literally 2 streets away from one another (at different times) at one time - it really is a small world sometimes.
Yeah, that always cracks me up.

She was from Chico. Just north of Sacramento.

Oh okay, love Chico. Beautiful area. Sierra Nevada brewery not far away.

I saw this post go up when it did. Opened it, and closed it. Almost didn't come back.

Sorry Vader. My wife means everything to me. If I lost her I don't know what I would do. We are very best friends.

My dad left us just over three years ago. I miss him like crazy. Sucks. I was just not what he had hoped I would be, and we had that division for ever. I loved him so much. Used to call him every day (almost) the last four years or so. Just wanted to love him. Dear God, I miss him.

Lost my brother recently. He had dementia, and his leftist wife insisted he get the vaccine. He only lasted a few days after that. We were close as kids, but not after that. I wish we had kept up.

Losing a loved one is horrible. I genuinely have no idea how those without faith do it.
I lost my grandma june 2020. Faith or no faith much like any adversity you honor them and move on. My grandma was in bad health her last years. So in my opinion she isn’t suffering with pain anymore. I thought it was selfish of my dad and his siblings to try to keep her alive knowing full well she was hurting.

We all mourn differently, we all adapt or not differently. Time heals. We will all pass someday, it’s just the cycle of life. Don’t let guilt, or whatever negatives sit inside. Think of the good times, think of what keeps you both going and carry on as they would want. That’s how I cope with things.

Reactions: JMM
I found out 2 days ago that my step father has covid. He isn't vaccinated. He had been sick for days and finally got tested. Came back positive. He's 74 years old, weighs 350 lbs., has COPD and is in a wheel chair on oxygen... he spends 8 hours in the emergency room and is now home after getting the antibodies. He's doing well. Never seen a virus like this before. My wife dies from it and is in 10X better health than him. I'm glad he is doing better, it's just strange.

It is strange Vader. My stepdad had it as well, 80-years old, COPD, heart problems, HBP, gout - you name it. Still kicking. You'd think a lung disease like COPD would be a death sentence for respiratory viruses like this. Just don't get it. I also didn't get that they didn't really do anything for he or my mom in the hospital as for therapeutics until he developed pneumonia and had to put him on heavy antibiotics. They told my mom to take vitamins D, C & Zinc and to just rest & quarantine. Really?

How about telling people to do that as preventative measures? I know some are, but for the most part, sure doesn't seem like it.

It is strange Vader. My stepdad had it as well, 80-years old, COPD, heart problems, HBP, gout - you name it. Still kicking. You'd think a lung disease like COPD would be a death sentence for respiratory viruses like this. Just don't get it. I also didn't get that they didn't really do anything for he or my mom in the hospital as for therapeutics until he developed pneumonia and had to put him on heavy antibiotics. They told my mom to take vitamins D, C & Zinc and to just rest & quarantine. Really?

How about telling people to do that as preventative measures? I know some are, but for the most part, sure doesn't seem like it.
Yea, I don't get it. I didn't even mention that he had a pace maker. He's had heart issues for years. I'm glad you step dad and mom are doing well.

Yea, I don't get it. I didn't even mention that he had a pace maker. He's had heart issues for years. I'm glad you step dad and mom are doing well.

Yeah, forgot to mention mine has a pacemaker as well. And ty my friend.

Wow thank you so much! I thought about making a thread but I wasn't sure exactly what to say and it was very difficult to type what I ended up putting in the other thread. Really appreciate this. I changed my profile pic to her. This was her on our wedding day in 2012 on Orange Beach, AL. Brings tears to my eyes just seeing her.
So sorry to hear this. I can't even begin to to imagine what you are going through