• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Thought this was an interesting free agent ILBer.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
You really loving those Seahawks LB Slash. They have 38 million in cap space. Anyone not coming back they don't want.

You really loving those Seahawks LB Slash. They have 38 million in cap space. Anyone not coming back they don't want.
Just fishing 🎣 and presenting those caught. Don't like the size of the fish?

Statistically he boomed out of nowhere. Tested well coming out and has some ties to the Steelers new ILBer coach.

Perhaps a signing that makes sense... How do you make a new coach happy? Bring in someone he is familiar with.

Good read and informative. Curry will definitely have a hand in it if we sign this guy.

I think his cost will reflect his experience (cheaper), making him a STEELERS candidate.

I seen a little of his play last season, didn’t stand out, in either the right or the wrong reasons.

I think he would surpass either of our starters and 1st depth, on our roster. Meaning he starts day one Beating out both Spillane & Jack.

We have to be careful with our cap space at this position but if M.Jack is released, there should be amply $$$$ room.

Salute the nation

Just fishing 🎣 and presenting those caught. Don't like the size of the fish?
I'm just saying he is their guy, he is relatively young. If he isn't back it's because they don't really want him. In the end intangibles like who is the position coach might matter when all things are equal. Which begins and ends with $.

Maybe he's just not a scheme fit in Seattle. We can all dream of finding the next Farrior to scoop from another team.....thats what I have been hoping for with Jack, Schobert, etc.

Who was the last high level ILB drafted by the Steelers? Shazier and then Timmons? It's been a bit, and it is unfortunate that Bush has regressed.

Last high level ILB would be Robinson in last year’s draft

He’s better than Bush, Spillane does that make him “high level”

Love an in house solution…it is the way

Q. Where do you guys see Jack Campbell being drafted. Would he possibly be on board at Steelers 2nd second round pick? Sounds like some coverage limitations, but still........

Q. Where do you guys see Jack Campbell being drafted. Would he possibly be on board at Steelers 2nd second round pick? Sounds like some coverage limitations, but still........
Depends on how his combine goes. But I am thinking 3rd round...

Do you like him rd 3?
Me sure I have liked him for awhile. Just want to see his combine... to see not if his speed makes me pick him higher but that he doesn't have any limitations that me want to pick him lower or not at all. Check out his 3cone and short shuttle if he does them. Vert etc.

I know it is a different position but Jarvis had some athletic red flags before he was drafted and they still drafted him anyways. But he also had some run concerns too.

Although I think Spillane reads quickly and that negates some of his slow.

Those linebackers for me seem to be tougher to evaluate. But I like him round 3 for now...

I'm just saying he is their guy, he is relatively young. If he isn't back it's because they don't really want him. In the end intangibles like who is the position coach might matter when all things are equal. Which begins and ends with $.
I remember a young LB that was unwanted by his team when he hit FA. Potsy became a fixture with our great defenses of the early 2000's and remains a well-loved former player. If the kid becomes available, asking Curry his thoughts on him would be prudent. Not doing so would be negligence.

I remember a young LB that was unwanted by his team when he hit FA. Potsy became a fixture with our great defenses of the early 2000's and remains a well-loved former player. If the kid becomes available, asking Curry his thoughts on him would be prudent. Not doing so would be negligence.
I'm really not aware of where the Jets were at that point in terms of cap room, intelligence of coaching staff and his scheme fit. I'm confident the Seahawks would only let him walk if he was overpaid in which case I am not interested.

I'm really not aware of where the Jets were at that point in terms of cap room, intelligence of coaching staff and his scheme fit. I'm confident the Seahawks would only let him walk if he was overpaid in which case I am not interested.
I'm glad you're confident. The Seahawks, like every other team, have made mistakes before and will make them again, I'd prefer they do their homework on the kid (I'm confident they will) and make their own decisions based on their evaluations rather than take the lazy approach of "If the Seahawks let him walk, he must not be worth it."

I think David Long of the Titens would be a good fit for us. Seems like they go after the same type that fit our system

I mean we obviously have to turn over every stone in the lab to get that above the neck prospect with a high pedigree. That not only can defend every blade of grass but can simultaneously paint a barn with a brush, that is anything other than broad. Then if they do a good job it's popcorn and keggers.

Campbell is actually pretty decent in zone. He is not going to run with a TE or RB up the seam but he is a very good tackler. He makes 3-yard gains a 3-yard gain. He is not great at shedding blockers. Jeez, he is 6'5", 254 lbs., a solid tackler so if he could shed blocks, why the hell would he be around at 49, let alone 80?

I'm glad you're confident. The Seahawks, like every other team, have made mistakes before and will make them again, I'd prefer they do their homework on the kid (I'm confident they will) and make their own decisions based on their evaluations rather than take the lazy approach of "If the Seahawks let him walk, he must not be worth it."
I'm pretty sure they are looking at every single player on the list.

If a stud inside backer is there at 17 like the dude from clemson or the guy from Oregon it will be hard for Steelers to pass up on him. Steelers are desperate for an insider backer that can cleanup on the running plays and cover the tight end and h-backs short. The idea of the 2-man line where they are playing de’s at tackle and linebackers at end has been killing the Steelers defense. Guards and tackles in tandem with tight-ends and full backs double teaming on run plays is killing us! Our defensive line, if you want to call it that, just leaks like a sieve. a stud ILB to back up the line one that can knock the living daylights out of ppl a.k. Levon Kirkland is what’s needed… bad! Time to shitcan the “journeyman” trip of rotating cheap bums into the lineup and invest in our next great linebacker.

I mean we obviously have to turn over every stone in the lab to get that above the neck prospect with a high pedigree. That not only can defend every blade of grass but can simultaneously paint a barn with a brush, that is anything other than broad. Then if they do a good job it's popcorn and keggers.

You forgot the “butter” application.

Salute the nation

If a stud inside backer is there at 17 like the dude from clemson or the guy from Oregon it will be hard for Steelers to pass up on him. Steelers are desperate for an insider backer that can cleanup on the running plays and cover the tight end and h-backs short. The idea of the 2-man line where they are playing de’s at tackle and linebackers at end has been killing the Steelers defense. Guards and tackles in tandem with tight-ends and full backs double teaming on run plays is killing us! Our defensive line, if you want to call it that, just leaks like a sieve. a stud ILB to back up the line one that can knock the living daylights out of ppl a.k. Levon Kirkland is what’s needed… bad! Time to shitcan the “journeyman” trip of rotating cheap bums into the lineup and invest in our next great linebacker.
Hard pass on an ILB in the first round. You can find excellent players at a better value in the second and third round.

Why don't they call it easy pass? Hard pass might mean that it wasn't easy to pass on the prospect.
Many wonders of the world……

Why is it called a “high” draft pick when the 1st overall pick is a lower number than the Mr. Irrelevant pick (higher number.

Believe me, I’d take the higher number in Green-backs than the lower number.

Salute the nation