• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Thought this was an interesting free agent ILBer.

If a stud inside backer is there at 17 like the dude from clemson or the guy from Oregon it will be hard for Steelers to pass up on him. Steelers are desperate for an insider backer that can cleanup on the running plays and cover the tight end and h-backs short. The idea of the 2-man line where they are playing de’s at tackle and linebackers at end has been killing the Steelers defense. Guards and tackles in tandem with tight-ends and full backs double teaming on run plays is killing us! Our defensive line, if you want to call it that, just leaks like a sieve. a stud ILB to back up the line one that can knock the living daylights out of ppl a.k. Levon Kirkland is what’s needed… bad! Time to shitcan the “journeyman” trip of rotating cheap bums into the lineup and invest in our next great linebacker.
If one of their top ILB's is sitting there at 17, I can see them pulling the trigger. Tomlin loves having a very good ILB and they haven't found one since Shazier.

If one of their top ILB's is sitting there at 17, I can see them pulling the trigger. Tomlin loves having a very good ILB and they haven't found one since Shazier.

I just HOPE the STEELERS don’t decide to move up to pick one, or anyone for that matter.

Salute the nation

I mean we obviously have to turn over every stone in the lab to get that above the neck prospect with a high pedigree. That not only can defend every blade of grass but can simultaneously paint a barn with a brush, that is anything other than broad. Then if they do a good job it's popcorn and keggers.
But is he a volunteer or hostage? Does he run towards competition, stick his face in the fan, and cut off his eyelids?