• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Thoughts on TNF on Amazon Prime

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
So I’ve seen comments from viewers on FB bitching about the quality of the broadcast of last nights game on Amazon Prime. Folks complained of buffering and bad feed but I had none of this experience.I thought the feed was fine and had no such issues. It obviously is their internet but I have Xfinity plus I have an extender in my LR since the modem sits in my back office and I stream all the time on the tv in LR without issue.
Just wondering what everyone’s opinion is.

Watched at work on my phone. Flawless connectivity.

Other than initial connection my viewing was fine. Look forward to watching next week’s game.

I had no issues, but i have fast internet and am hardwired PC. I watched last Steelers game on my pc through xfinity and the picture quality was much worse than amazon primes

The audio was ahead of the video for the small amount I watched.

Use prime here and there never an issue...

screen went blank a few times for a second each. but never missed a play.

This sin't something new, last season "Prime" had I think 6 TNF games.

I watched last night as well and it was flawless other than the freaking commercials every other second. Way to many commercials but that is with every NFL game.

I've got a good internet connection and stream movies / games / ect. without any issues.

I don't have regular TV and everything I stream and very cheaply. I don't have any "special" electronic gizzzzzmoes but I have an ASUS WiFi that has 2G & 5G. Kind of spendy as to how far it will broadcast. I live in a steel sided house and where wifi is located to furthest computer is about 80ft and several interior walls, no problem also TV no problem. I have 3 devises designated in and several just on general wifi. all work great. I can also be outside on patio no issue. I haven't checked outside distance but the metal will slow / stop that from to far and I prefer that but I don't have immediate neighbors either.

Salute the nation

The only thing I noticed is that it seems like amazon has managed to somehow dampen the crowd noise, the stream seemed oddly quiet for what one normally hears during a chiefs home game.

Last edited:
It was ok and has potential. Al Michaels is always good. However- the picture was crisp but the sound was off. Ahead by a second or 2. They’ll figure it out.

The only thing I noticed is that it seems like amazon has managed to somehow dampen the crowd noise, the stream seemed oddly quiet for what one normally hears during a chiefs home game.

Crowd noise was drowned out by the Announcer's slurping of Mahomes' balls.

Salute the nation

Nationally televised games should be available to everyone. Pretty soon MNF and SNF will be on separate streaming services. And then the SuperBowl will be PPV. It's not right. But it will happen. Guaranteed.

Reactions: xjx
Hopefully they fixed the bugs because our game tonight is only on Prime.

It's on NBC at least locally
Not for me down here in Florida. I do have Sunday Ticket but I don't think it's on there either. Even if it was, they'd probably lose their signals for half the game like this past week.

If it's only on Prime, the NFL may run into problems not simulcasting to TV. This is the agreement they have with congress and they seem to be trying to subvert the rules for profit any chance they can.

If it's only on Prime, the NFL may run into problems not simulcasting to TV. This is the agreement they have with congress and they seem to be trying to subvert the rules for profit any chance they can.
I think it's either next year or the year after that DirecTV goes away. If the NFL is smart, they will let multiple outlets all stream the games. They can charge way less per subscription than they are now and will make a buttload more money in the end. Then again, the NFL is dumb enough to limit who streams games to one provider.

I'm pretty sure you can get a free trial of Amazon prime. Just sign up and watch tonight's game and then don't forget to cancel. I have Amazon prime so it's not a problem for me.

My thoughts are I hate it. With a passion. Stream sucked. Great picture one play, then the next 3 it was so blurry you could hardly tell what went on.
Netflix and anything else I usually stream works perfect. This sucked.
Sucks living in the sticks without good internet options though.