• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Time to stock up again

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So basically the mandates that are coming down are about to spawn massive firings, quittings, walkouts and strikes

There is absolutely no way our already screwed supply chain isn’t collapsing

My advice, beat the rush… grab a couple months worth of supplies just in case..

Maybe it’s tinfoil hat stuff, but logically it works…

So true. Plan for short-term (two-four weeks), and long term (a few months or more). It's not that difficult really.

This nation is toast. It won't get better, IMO. Pray for mercy.

So basically the mandates that are coming down are about to spawn massive firings, quittings, walkouts and strikes

There is absolutely no way our already screwed supply chain isn’t collapsing

My advice, beat the rush… grab a couple months worth of supplies just in case..

Maybe it’s tinfoil hat stuff, but logically it works…
Reality it’s tinfoil hat stuff.
Logically, yes always stay stocked up. People will panic over everything because our media is very unreliable right now

you guys are going to think I am crazy, but I have enough food in my basement for at least 2 years. 4 freezers full of meats and blanched veggies from the garden. over 1000 quarts of assorted canned veggies. 2 3month packs of the survival food stuff. 3 months worth of bottled water. 3 month worth of Vodka and wine. 1 month worth of Bourbon.

Mrs Blitz rotates as we purchased or grew more. The only thing I need to worry about is things like dairy. we are not spending hardly anything at the grocery store for the next several months.

Think I know where I'm heading when 💩 hits the fan, lol.

you guys are going to think I am crazy, but I have enough food in my basement for at least 2 years. 4 freezers full of meats.....
I'm stocked up on canned and dry goods. I worry about electrical emergencies and having all the food I am depending on go bad.

you guys are going to think I am crazy, but I have enough food in my basement for at least 2 years. 4 freezers full of meats and blanched veggies from the garden. over 1000 quarts of assorted canned veggies. 2 3month packs of the survival food stuff. 3 months worth of bottled water. 3 month worth of Vodka and wine. 1 month worth of Bourbon.

Mrs Blitz rotates as we purchased or grew more. The only thing I need to worry about is things like dairy. we are not spending hardly anything at the grocery store for the next several months.
We just picked up our half pig a month ago so my freezer is stocked with ham, pork, bacon, and sausage. Although we hadn't totally finished last year's pig.
I do worry about things like my insulin.

I worry about electrical emergencies and having all the food I am depending on go bad.

Was looking into a good generator and it's a 32-week turnaround just to get one (tells you all you need to know). Couldn't get one in condo was living in due to the HOA and of course the ruckus it would make so really missed the boat there.

Looking into a couple portable generators now. One for fridge/freezer and one for everything else. But the Dow is soaring!

Let's Go Brandon!

Was looking into a good generator and it's a 32-week turnaround just to get one (tells you all you need to know). Couldn't get one in condo was living in due to the HOA and of course the ruckus it would make so really missed the boat there.

Looking into a couple portable generators now. One for fridge/freezer and one for everything else. But the Dow is soaring!

Let's Go Brandon!
Gas powered generators aren't very eco friendly. We should be $$$ funding $$$ research for electric powered generators.

Let's Go Brandon!
I bought one of those Generacs a few years ago. Have it set up but never have had to use

I bought one of those Generacs a few years ago.

The Generac had only a 28-week turnaround (just over 6 months), so that was nice!

My buddy wants a Generac. Now he's got me interested. How much work to the house and $$ is required for say an 1,800 sq ft house? We both have a Square D QO 200 amp circuit panel. And both of us have natural gas, but he was talking of getting a large, dedicated propane tank.

We are in the market as well. We had toyed with the idea of getting a gas powered backup unit but I think having a Generac professionally installed is the way to go. With my luck the gas generator wouldn't start or I would blow something or myself up getting it connected. We'd connect it to our 500 gallon propane tank as well.

My buddy wants a Generac. Now he's got me interested. How much work to the house and $$ is required for say an 1,800 sq ft house?

That's hard to say. Your best bet is to get a free estimate from them.

They'll get all the dwelling specs, where the unit should be located, how close to dedicated gas/propane line it'll be - and they'll set you up with a local dealer/installer for the finishing touches on your pricing. Oh and tell them you got an exclusive offer for a free 7-year warranty (about $700 savings I think) when you contact them. Just be prepared for the long turnaround time.

Thanks guys...I think he might be right about a dedicated propane tank if **** gets bad. Afterall, natural gas has to be pumped to the house. A tank will last a while with care.

Thanks guys...I think he might be right about a dedicated propane tank if **** gets bad. Afterall, natural gas has to be pumped to the house. A tank will last a while with care.
Gas companies generate their own electricity from gas though. Even if the power is out for days you will still have gas. Although my house like many is heated with gas, you still need electricity to make the furnace or boiler run. I have a small portable 2-stroke generator to run the fridge or TV if needed

Gas companies generate their own electricity from gas though. Even if the power is out for days you will still have gas. Although my house like many is heated with gas, you still need electricity to make the furnace or boiler run. I have a small portable 2-stroke generator to run the fridge or TV if needed
Yeah I bought a Honda portable generator a few years back. The EU2000. It easily runs my natural gas furnace to spin the blower. I leave the Honda on idle speed and it barely even speeds up under that load and even regrigerators. I just ran 12/2 wire to the furnace with a standard heavy duty male plug on it. The furnace plugs into a standard wall outlet. If power goes out, unplug from the wall to a good quality extension cord to reach outside to the gen. Those little gens are awesome for what they are.

I have a small portable 2-stroke generator to run the fridge or TV if needed

That's what I'm planning on getting (4-stroke though), Ron. You have a particular brand/type you'd recommend? I never heard of this before but it got great reviews:

Oh snap, I kept looking at portable generators and it was only allowing me to add 3,900 or less watt generators to my cart (Commiefornia) - but I just found a DuroMax 15k watt that says it's 50 state approved.

That's what I'm planning on getting (4-stroke though), Ron. You have a particular brand/type you'd recommend? I never heard of this before but it got great reviews:

I've got the Honda EU2000. It's so friggin quiet. As always, Honda is expensive but I've read good things about Westinghouse.