• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

To Democrats' Dismay, Trump Will Inherit Obama's Expanded Presidential Powers

Spike

Reaction score
The Presidency: With a new president much loathed by the mainstream media and progressive elites, it shouldn't be very long until we start hearing about the dangers of the "imperial presidency." Where were they, we wonder, during the Obama years?

It's quite an irony that the one whom many on the left said they couldn't stomach as president should become president and inherit a whole panoply of new presidential powers that President Obama used and no one other than conservatives objected to. Because now, a President Trump can use the same powers.

The left enthusiastically embraced Obama's use of extraordinary presidential powers because, hey, "elections have consequences," "the ends justify the means," and, as Obama himself once so eloquently put it, "I won."

They may now live to regret that. President-elect Trump will enter office with an extensive list of things to do — and, perhaps, equally important, to undo, including much of Obama's questionable agenda from eight years. Democrats in Congress will no doubt fight a rear-guard action to keep Trump from acting without congressional authority. Expect much wailing and gnashing of teeth. And no doubt, Trump will remind them: "I've got a pen, and I've got a phone."

http://www.investors.com/politics/e...-inherit-obamas-expanded-presidential-powers/

--------------------------------------------

What goes around comes around!

Yeah the presidency needs an epic smackdown, but i doubt that will come with a republican majority.... this is why the swinging pendulum politics the last two decades was a very bad idea... stepping stones to a disaster eventually... maybe not with trump, but eventually...

To bad we don't have a more limited federal government, huh?

I said years ago that the Dems would eventually regret the precedent that was being set.

Not only Presidential powers but Harry Reid using the "Nuclear Option" of simple majority to appoint federal judges.

I also read the US is only 1 Republican held Legislature away from the ability to call a Convention of the States which can override Congress and make amendments to the Constitution. If the left doubles-down getting behind these uber-progressives you could see it happen after the mid-terms. Elections have consequences indeed.

The current, soon to be former commander in chief just told the Guardian yesterday that "I am very proud that we have been able to leave this administration without significant scandal...I will put this administration against any administration in history, and the reason is because frankly we listened to the lawyers."

Really? Damn he thinks way too much of his narcissistic ***. Scandal after scandal were ignored or poo poo'ed by the MSM.

The current, soon to be former commander in chief just told the Guardian yesterday that "I am very proud that we have been able to leave this administration without significant scandal...I will put this administration against any administration in history, and the reason is because frankly we listened to the lawyers."

Really? Damn he thinks way too much of his narcissistic ***. Scandal after scandal were ignored or poo poo'ed by the MSM.

History is really about how it's recorded.

Radio Station Dumps Atheists for Christmas Music

The Freedom From Religion Foundation, a motley crew of atheists, agnostics and free-thinkers just got a lump of coal in their Christmas stockings.

WXXM, the progressive talk radio station in Madison, Wisconsin, has flipped formats – leaving the uber-liberal city without a place to converse about micro-aggressions, plot protest marches or swap quinoa recipes.

The Wisconsin State Journal reports that Liberal Talk "92.1 The Mic" will now be called "92.1 BestFM" -- "Madison's Home for the Holidays."

Yes, good readers -- progressive talk was replaced with around-the-clock Christmas music. Ho! Ho! Ho!

http://www.toddstarnes.com/column/radio-station-dumps-atheists-for-christmas-music

---------------------------

Merry Christmas!

Elections have consequences

Last edited:
History is really about how it's recorded.

That's true

So everyone that didn't vote for Hillary is now a racist according to the MSM

15095504_1327099317309505_2829409525523398472_n.jpg