• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Today's headlines tell the real story...I think

It's every single person in this country fault. I bet big money everyone of you shop for the cheapest price on whatever your buying or hire the cheapest guy to work on your house. What exactly do you think your getting when you do that. It's the mentality of the huge majority wether you're a conservative or liberal hat is turning this country into what it's becoming

A huge problem is the government. When the government adds thousands of regs every year it chokes out business. Why would I try to build a manufacturing business in the U.S. when the government taxes me more than any industrialized nation in the world and taxes everything in sight? I'm risking my money, time, talent and life while a bunch of money grubbing bureaucrats tax me into oblivion, regulate me to death, and make my life a living hell? It's not worth it. That's why you can't buy American all the time because the gov't doesn't allow business to manufacture it.

Manufacturers could still make good money here but greed makes them want to make even more money and send it to China. That's why the rich are richer then they have ever been. Keep buying cheap **** and no one will make a living except the 1%. I have three business's one of them is high end builder I buy all German tools now. Why because they last and they're not cheap Chinese crap that break after a month. But go into Home Depot and see how many people are buying the cheapest garbage tools , building materials etc.

Manufacturers could still make good money here but greed makes them want to make even more money and send it to China. That's why the rich are richer then they have ever been. Keep buying cheap **** and no one will make a living except the 1%. I have three business's one of them is high end builder I buy all German tools now. Why because they last and they're not cheap Chinese crap that break after a month. But go into Home Depot and see how many people are buying the cheapest garbage tools , building materials etc.

Sorry but you are wrong. There will always be the 1%. In order for there not to be means having no wealth at all. I know everyone talks about "Greed" but it's always the other guy that's greedy. Also what's the difference in sending money to China or to Germany? Why is it ok for you to buy German tools and not buy American?

Also if you think only the 1% make a living then I don't know what to tell you. Everybody can't be rich. Exactly what form of Government do you want? Show me the great government that can allow everyone to make the same amount of money and produce the same amount of work.

Manufacturing has a difficult time making money in the U.S. The idea that some greedy, rich, white old man is sitting there in his golden chair sending money to China because he doesn't want to pay the working American is a myth. It's called margins. When you have to deal with tax issues, labor issues, supplier issues ETC... it's difficult to do. I've watched many companies go out of business simply because they can't handle the cost. Nobody gives a **** when the person that owned the company goes bankrupt because of all the burdens on business. Which is why the top 1% pay more income taxes than the bottom 90%. And some of the 90% are filthy rich. The top 10% pay 68% of all the federal taxes paid.

Again business is about taking risk. The government risks nothing. It can run BILLION dollar deficits like the post office and never blink an eye. Business can't do that.

I buy American-made when I can but when it comes to things like clothes and shoes, I can't really afford to. China and the Pacific Rim nations just have too great of an advantage in labor cost and lack of environmental and safety regulations that also add cost. Went looking for American-made deck shoes a couple years ago and everything I found were all over $200 a pair.

I own a service-type business so I don't have foreign competition exactly, but I'm legit in a line of work where most people work for cash under-the-table. My costs are higher (insurance is insanely expensive) so I have to charge more. Most people who call us don't care and just want cheap. Most people assume I make a lot of money but I spend FAR more in insurance and taxes each month than I make for myself. Which is why my business is for sale. That's also why no one will buy it.

Last edited:
Manufacturers could still make good money here but greed makes them want to make even more money and send it to China. That's why the rich are richer then they have ever been.

How many businesses have you run?

How many people do you employ?

. But go into Home Depot and see how many people are buying the cheapest garbage tools , building materials etc.

I buy American-made when I can but when it comes to things like clothes and shoes, I can't really afford to. China and the Pacific Rim nations just have too great of an advantage in labor cost and lack of environmental and safety regulations that also add cost.

When the Dems finally get their $15 minimum wage law passed you'll be able to fly to China and get it cheaper than buying it here.

It's every single person in this country fault. I bet big money everyone of you shop for the cheapest price on whatever your buying or hire the cheapest guy to work on your house. What exactly do you think your getting when you do that. It's the mentality of the huge majority wether you're a conservative or liberal hat is turning this country into what it's becoming

Of course I shop for the cheapest price. DUH! But I take quality into account and attempt to get the best of both worlds. It's called wise consumerism. You somehow think it's my patriotic duty to buy an item that costs more and is of equal quality based simply on it being produced here? To an extent, that is within reason, I will. But most of the time it's not reasonable.

How completely hypocritical of you.