• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tolerance on display in the MSM

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...d-into-just-another-internet-troll/576573002/

Greatest rapper alive? How Kanye West devolved into just another internet troll
Maeve McDermott, USATODAY Published 11:45 a.m. ET May 3, 2018 | Updated 2:35 p.m. ET May 3, 2018

If a Kanye West album drops without controversy, does it make a sound?

Since Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey welcomed West back to Twitter on April 13, all hell has broken loose on both the rapper’s virtual and real-life timelines. He tweeted his support for President Trump, and the president tweeted back his approval. He’s palled around with far-right commentators Candace Owens and Charlie Kirk, appearing on TMZ Live this week alongside Owens to allege that slavery “is a choice.” He debated basic tenets of American history on Twitter, sharing screenshots of texts from famous friends like John Legend and Charlamagne Tha God rightfully disputing his logic.

As tweets piled up and West’s statements became more radical — to the point where his wife Kim Kardashian had to confirm that he's not having another mental breakdown — it became clear to fans that this was no album-rollout stunt, but rather the rapper’s new reality. From his Taylor Swift stage-crashing days, West has been the music industry’s most exciting villain, because through all his problematic news cycles, he’s delivered on his claims to be the greatest rapper alive. Yet, in the past, it was easier to contextualize West’s “BILL COSBY INNOCENT!” tweets and other incendiary dramas as the sometimes-misguided views of a gifted artist, whose music always delivered on his promises of greatness. Now, West seems to want to be defined by his increasingly radical worldview first, rather than his artistic merits.

But, without the art, West is just another internet troll

------------

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...est-down-size-over-slavery-comment/576176002/

So 400 years of slavery sounds like a choice to Kanye West?

"No, Kanye, slavery is not a choice," explained Daily Show host Trevor Noah on Thursday's show. He is the latest celeb to denounce the rapper's incendiary remark to TMZ.

During West's TMZ Live conversation on Tuesday, he'd told interviewers Harvey Levin and Charles Latibeaudiere, "When you hear about slavery for 400 years? For 400 years, that sounds like a choice ... like, you was there for 400 years and it's all of y'all?! It's like we're mentally in prison."

The biracial Noah, who detailed his childhood under apartheid in South Africa in Born a Crime, set it straight: "Going blond is a choice. Both are terrible but one is easier to undo," Noah pointed out. "Although when I think about it, slavery was a choice — for white people. White people were like, 'Hey, should we keep doing things ourselves or make other people do it for us? Hmm .... Yeah, other people. That sounds good.' "

---------

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/03/entertainment/ti-kanye-west/index.html

The pair teamed up on "Ye vs. The People," a song in which they debate West's support of President Donald Trump.

Kanye West just released a new song defending his praise for Trump
T.I. said it was the fastest he has ever recorded a song and it came after a four-hour discussion with West.
He said he questioned West about his reasons for backing Trump, who is largely unpopular with the African-American community because of racially charged comments he has made and other issues.
"I said, 'What's up man? I'm sure you have a very logical explanation to all this,'" T.I. said. "Like, 'what's happening? What's the punchline?'"
He said West's answer was simple.
"He said 'Man, just being a free thinker, man," T.I. said.

-------

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...endship-with-trump-he-sometimes-speaks-out-of

Waters, speaking to Politico on Monday during a meeting with Congressional Black Caucus members to discuss diversity in Silicon Valley, said that while the Grammy Award–winning artist "is a very creative young man," he sometimes needs help to "formulate some of his thoughts."

“Kanye West is a very creative young man who has presented some of the most revolutionary material in the African-American community," Waters told Politico at the event. "But we also think that sometimes Kanye West talks out of turn and perhaps sometimes he needs some assistance in helping him to formulate some of his thoughts.”

"We don’t think that he actually means to do harm, but we’re not sure he really understands the impact of what he’s saying, at the time that he’s saying it and how that weighs on, particularly the African-American community — and for young people in general," she added. "And I think maybe he should think twice about politics, and maybe not have so much to say."

-----

31928664_10216292691130628_6902124749476855808_n.png

From what i heard he and Owens weren't saying Slavery is a choice, they were saying dwelling on it and blaming your current situation on it is a choice. Which, oddly, is correct.

Mostly, I've always thought Kanye something of an idiot (outside of knowing who to latch onto to stay famous). I doubt he suddenly became smart and in a few months he may be saying something completely different.

Oh, and rap sucks.

But we also think that sometimes Kanye West talks out of turn and perhaps sometimes he needs some assistance in helping him to formulate some of his thoughts.”

Holy ****, what a comment. "Talks out of turn", means off the Democrat Plantation, I think..

"needs some assistance formulating some of his thoughts"?! Wow...if a white congressman said that about a black man...holeee ****

The way the left unravels hysterically when one of their own moves out of lockstep is breathtaking. One has to be idealogically pure to be accepted. Hmmm. Where have we seen this before?

nazi-germany.jpg

A black man leaving the DNC plantation is bad for the narrative that Blacks can't do it on without help from Democrat big government programs.

Holy ****, what a comment. "Talks out of turn", means off the Democrat Plantation, I think..

"needs some assistance formulating some of his thoughts"?! Wow...if a white congressman said that about a black man...holeee ****

Sounds like he is going to need to report for re-education.

Man, what a time we live in. You have a guy wanting to think for himself, go against stereotypical norms, do his own thing. And because he is black, he is being told he needs to think a certain way, do certain things, blah blah. His comment about people being mentally enslaved is probably not so far off the mark.

I saw this morning that a Detroit Radio Station is refusing to play any music that Kanye is involved in. I am sure the 15 people still living in Detroit are crushed.

There ain't no way that **** will be allowed over in libtard land....

A hip-hop and R&B radio station in Detroit has decided to stop playing Kanye West’s music after the rapper’s controversial remarks about slavery.

On-air DJs BIGG and Shay Shay at Detroit’s 105.1 The Bounce announced Thursday that they would stop playing West’s music, and the rest of the station has followed suit.

The slavery comments came shortly after West created another controversy by voicing his support for President Trump in a series of tweets, posted photos of himself wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat and released a song defending his support for the president.
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...ycotting-kanye-west-music-after-controversial

1928up.jpg

You better get back on that plantation if you know what's good fur ya. !

At times like this, we need to take a stroll over to Kevin's Corner.

Wow. He summed it up perfectly. What an excellent metaphor the elephant was too. Get that man on the radio or on the tube, he'll start rattling some cages for sure. Now if Kanye was just able to articulate it even half as well as that guy just did, he wouldn't be labeled as "crazy" or having people pray for him because Yeezus is now Da Debil.

That was damn good. Every black person in America should hear that. Blitzburgh will go kablooey if he listens to it.

That was incredibly good. I hope it goes viral and somebody picks it up and airs it on loop.

Probably been seen. Always worth another look. I give you....Diamond and Silk.