• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trades of Quarterbacks Could Open Up Kenny Pickett To Pittsburgh

well i am willing to cut canada some slack. He may still completely suck but he was brought in to run his offense and his ideas and was then forced into a situation where he had to work with a aging QB who couldn't do much if any of what he is used to doing in his offenses. It was a pretty crappy situation all the way around. Sucked for Ben, Sucked for Canada, sucked for the team.

I forget which Pittsburgh beat reporter that just had a mailbag talking about this. How they hired Canada assuming Ben was retiring and then he decided to come back and it through a monkey wrench into everything. It was a marriage that was never going to work. Ben is a Stubborn as can be Hall of Fame QB that was never going to fit what was needed for Canada's offense. Canada is a new to the NFL OC saddled to a once great but stubborn HOF QB. We all know how passive aggressive Ben can be. Canada was in a no win situation. I cant say for sure but i highly doubt Canada was solely responsible for the No huddle. That argument has been going on for about a decade now with Multiple OC's.

AS i said Canada may very well suck completely. He also may not (we really don't know yet). We need to at least give the guy a chance to do what he was brought here to do (which wasnt to force a completely different style of play on a aging QB who couldn't do what Canada's offense requires. Canada was in a no win situation here. What he was brought here to do was not possible last season and going against Ben wasn't possible either.
I saw that as well. But, none of that excuses Canada from completely removing the no-huddle offense (should be there even without Ben), his play-calling, lack of game planning, etc. Canada was a disaster. If the O doesn't average 24+ points this year, even with Trubisky or Rudolph, he needs to go. His 1st 2 strikes are gone in my book.

Boys! I gotta be honest with ya here. There is no QB imo in this draft worth trading up for. If they trade up it would have to be for the second coming of “The Big Snack” Jordan Davis. I could get behind that move but not for any of these QBs. Just not seeing any of these guys being worth it. I do not think Davis will be there at 20.
Funny you say that reflecting on Tomlin's statement that Davis would probably already have his name called come 20.

IF they trade up IF it very well could be for Davis.

Drafting Pickett now would not be in PIT‘s best interest. If and when he got a chance, which won’t be this year unless Trubisky AND Rudolph got injured, brand new offense for a rookie. Plus even sitting him one year means you would have a QB in year two at age starting his fieprst game at the age of 27. Think about it..

Drafting Pickett now would not be in PIT‘s best interest. If and when he got a chance, which won’t be this year unless Trubisky AND Rudolph got injured, brand new offense for a rookie. Plus even sitting him one year means you would have a QB in year two at age starting his fieprst game at the age of 27. Think about it..
June 6, 1998 - He'd "only" be 25 if he sat a year.
Still don't want him.

I agree with a few others. It's going to be Davis and they will move up to get him. Our run defense got gashed last year. They will address it with our first pick.

With the Jack signing and if the Steelers nab Davis in the draft, Joe Burrow falls off his couch onto the carpet, curls up into a fetal position, and asks Alexa to play The Crying Game song as he cries himself to sleep tugging on his ear and sucking his thumb.

I saw that as well. But, none of that excuses Canada from completely removing the no-huddle offense (should be there even without Ben), his play-calling, lack of game planning, etc. Canada was a disaster. If the O doesn't average 24+ points this year, even with Trubisky or Rudolph, he needs to go. His 1st 2 strikes are gone in my book.
I am still am not so sure how much of this was canada. These issues have plagued this team for years now well before Canada got here. The only constants in this equation have been Tomlin and Ben. I dont have the answers thats for sure but i know that for years a lot of people have been complaining about the no huddle being not used or needing to be used more. Also what we heard and found out about Tomlin and his control in the defense i just have a hard time believing a rookie OC even if he wanted to pull the No huddle completely would be allowed to do that without Tomlins stamp of approval.

Again its hard to say if Canada was really a disaster cause knowing what we know about Ben i find it very hard to believe that Ben just laid down and said sure im going to do whatever this guy says. Thats not Ben, it hasn't been Ben ever. He is among the worlds elite when it comes to being passive aggressiveness to get his way.

Personally for me I think Canada was saddled with a aging should have retired QB as a rookie OC with a suspect Head coach as was stuck doing the best he could with the situation he was in. With that being said he may get to do things his way this season and it could be the worst thing we have ever seen. His system may not work in the NFL, thats a very real possibility. But the man has some talent and brains based purely off his success in the college world. Nothing about his college record says the man is incompetent and clueless (we already saw that movie it was called the Fichtner show, and that was Bens guy).