• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trubisky Market Rising to 10 Million Per Season?

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers seem to have zeroed in on quarterback Aaron Rodgers if Rodgers decides to leave Green Bay. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t coming up with options outside of that one.

One of the top linked free agent quarterbacks is former #2 overall selection Mitchell Trubisky. Trubisky flamed out in Chicago, and signed a one year contract with the Buffalo Bills last season to back up Josh Allen. The Bills organization has raved about Trubisky, and have given him the a boost as he nears free agency again.

In today’s ESPN insider story by Dan Graziano and Jeremy Fowler they discuss Trubisky and his potential salary demands.

Mitchell Trubisky: Teams are openly discussing whether Trubisky gets $10 million or more annually on a new deal. That his name is a hot one is not manufactured. It’s real. His career reset in Buffalo went very well, and teams that will look to draft a quarterback could sign Trubisky to start this year. A Trubisky pairing with a first-round quarterback such as Malik Willis wouldn’t shock a few teams. The Panthers, Steelers, Commanders, Giants and potential Broncos are believed to be in the mix here.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

It's a thin QB market this year when you factor in the relatively weak draft class, which will raise the price of any free agent.

I read on Twitter he was looking for $22 million. Dude threw 8 passes last year.

Competing against teams like New Orleans, Washington and Denver for one QB.

Where does that put Famous Jamis $$$$

Salute the nation

Rodgers is a hard NO. If the Steelers do it, they will have no chance until he is gone and they can finally rebuild/retool the team. Rodgers can't win with no line on either side of the ball and no secondary on the D. Dumb, dumb, dumb move for both parties.

Trubisky isn't worth more than $10 million as he may not even be a starter. His contract would have to be in the $8-10 million range with incentives and no more than one year guaranteed. If not, move on.

Rodgers is a hard NO. If the Steelers do it, they will have no chance until he is gone and they can finally rebuild/retool the team. Rodgers can't win with no line on either side of the ball and no secondary on the D. Dumb, dumb, dumb move for both parties.

Trubisky isn't worth more than $10 million as he may not even be a starter. His contract would have to be in the $8-10 million range with incentives and no more than one year guaranteed. If not, move on.
I'm not saying the Steelers should trade for Rodgers, but I would understand why they would. He would probably be here for 2-3 years. Do you think they have a chance to do anything over the next couple of years anyway? I don't.

I'm not saying the Steelers should trade for Rodgers, but I would understand why they would. He would probably be here for 2-3 years. Do you think they have a chance to do anything over the next couple of years anyway? I don't.

Another way to look at it is, ......... Did Ben Roethlisberger do much in the last ten years with better teams and QB play ?

If our team holes were a little more closed up and our COACHING staff elevated......... then maybe Rogers of today may get that proverbial PO win.

Salute the nation

Yes, but if they sign Rodgers, they don't fill the positions of need for 5+ years because, in 3, they will be looking for a new starter at QB once again. It would be nice to have him but it makes absolutely zero sense for Rodgers or the Steelers.

Yes, but if they sign Rodgers, they don't fill the positions of need for 5+ years because, in 3, they will be looking for a new starter at QB once again. It would be nice to have him but it makes absolutely zero sense for Rodgers or the Steelers.

It ight keep that "NON-Losing" season in tact..........................

Salute the nation

I like Mitch. I think he is the best fit for us without giving up draft picks which we have too few of to begin with.

He should never have been drafted so early. he could have done much better. he was a winner on a train wreck team

They would not have to wait five years to fill positions of need if they were to trade for Rodgers. They'd likely have to give up 2 1sts and a 2nd. One of those draft position goes to filling the QB need so you're only losing out on two draft picks. You can argue about the cap money, but there are cheap one-year type deals they could make to fill gaps.

It's a scenario that isn't going to play out so it doesn't really matter, but it's not the doom and gloom scenario many are painting it out to be.

They would not have to wait five years to fill positions of need if they were to trade for Rodgers. They'd likely have to give up 2 1sts and a 2nd. One of those draft position goes to filling the QB need so you're only losing out on two draft picks. You can argue about the cap money, but there are cheap one-year type deals they could make to fill gaps.

It's a scenario that isn't going to play out so it doesn't really matter, but it's not the doom and gloom scenario many are painting it out to be.

OUR Steelers have been one of the best teams to squeeze out the cap to it's full advantage. Somehow Rogers can be afforded but I don't like the loss of draft capital for any QB this year.

Lets focus on the "trench warfare" sides of the ball please.

Salute the nation

OUR Steelers have been one of the best teams to squeeze out the cap to it's full advantage. Somehow Rogers can be afforded but I don't like the loss of draft capital for any QB this year.

Lets focus on the "trench warfare" sides of the ball please.

Salute the nation
Agree... Build the trenches.

Another way to look at it is, ......... Did Ben Roethlisberger do much in the last ten years with better teams and QB play ?

If our team holes were a little more closed up and our COACHING staff elevated......... then maybe Rogers of today may get that proverbial PO win.

Salute the nation
PREACH!

In 95 when the cap was 37 million Neil ******* O’Donnell signed a 5 mil per contract.. qbs are overpriced in ufa always …

Yeah at that price it an easy HARD NO...
If you’re expecting him to be your starter, $10 million isn’t outrageous. The Steelers paid Ben a lot more than that last season and I think Trubisky may be a better player at this point.

The reason why Trubisky, Bridgewater, and Wilson can demand 8-12M contracts is because they are the only viable FA options to start at QB for a team this year. For Biscuit, the only way he's getting over $10M is if it is incentive laced. He devalued himself and set his market at $2.5M last season. It didn't go up at all with no meaningful snaps.

Trubisky has had his value go up for 2 reasons. First it is a QB needy league and secondly he got to sit and be mentored by the great Brian Dabol who did an incredible job developing Josh Allen and the thinking is he did wonders for the previously poorly coached Trubisky.